• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i'm currrently a little tapped out, but one of you...
3 3

54 posts in this topic

I mean, I don't even know where to begin with this one...  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1-Distributors-Copy-Title-Returned-Newstand-Mint-No-Grade/233231986630?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D6b5599880c5340b5952794c45b4d0a0c%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D233162128026%26itm%3D233231986630&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A25866b93-93c4-11e9-afaf-74dbd18065c1|parentrq%3A77a7fca416b0aad3753bf2dfffdbd11b|iid%3A1

s-l1600.jpg

(Verbatim description) -- "It’s copy is Dated 1961 before the normal run of amazing spiderman 1 debuted in 1963! A “perfect” copy !Condition is simply unbelievable I’ve seen the million dollar copy and this is just as nice! Keep in mind this book is supposed to be missing the title! It’s part of the sales and return process! I’ve never seen one that has survived after being returned of this issue especially in mint condition’ To conclude This is a untouched copy of Spiderman number 1 (dated from 1961) , yet interesting its supposed to be released to the public on March 1963! Could this be a prototype from 1961 even before amazing fantasy 15! This would mean that the first appearance of Spiderman was not in amazing fantasy 15 but in this prototype of amazing Spidermsn 1 This issue is historic which is part of the process of getting amazing Spiderman’s first issue to the newsstands! As far I know this is the only copy of this first issue that exists and in perfect unread newsstand mint condition! Also I plan to Re-list if it doesn’t sell for my 1 million dollar asking price with a reserve of only its “original cover price” of “10 cents” inquiries always welcome Amaziing Spider-Man 1 Distributors Copy Title Removed /Returned-Newstand Mint “No Grade”. Shipped with USPS First Class Package."

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

I mean, I don't even know where to begin with this one...  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1-Distributors-Copy-Title-Returned-Newstand-Mint-No-Grade/233231986630?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D6b5599880c5340b5952794c45b4d0a0c%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D233162128026%26itm%3D233231986630&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A25866b93-93c4-11e9-afaf-74dbd18065c1|parentrq%3A77a7fca416b0aad3753bf2dfffdbd11b|iid%3A1

s-l1600.jpg

(Verbatim description) -- "It’s copy is Dated 1961 before the normal run of amazing spiderman 1 debuted in 1963! A “perfect” copy !Condition is simply unbelievable I’ve seen the million dollar copy and this is just as nice! Keep in mind this book is supposed to be missing the title! It’s part of the sales and return process! I’ve never seen one that has survived after being returned of this issue especially in mint condition’ To conclude This is a untouched copy of Spiderman number 1 (dated from 1961) , yet interesting its supposed to be released to the public on March 1963! Could this be a prototype from 1961 even before amazing fantasy 15! This would mean that the first appearance of Spiderman was not in amazing fantasy 15 but in this prototype of amazing Spidermsn 1 This issue is historic which is part of the process of getting amazing Spiderman’s first issue to the newsstands! As far I know this is the only copy of this first issue that exists and in perfect unread newsstand mint condition! Also I plan to Re-list if it doesn’t sell for my 1 million dollar asking price with a reserve of only its “original cover price” of “10 cents” inquiries always welcome Amaziing Spider-Man 1 Distributors Copy Title Removed /Returned-Newstand Mint “No Grade”. Shipped with USPS First Class Package."

Ah, so I’ve been wrong all these years.

Remainder comics are rarer and more desirable than those that have their full covers still intact. 

I wonder if I start cuttting up the covers on all my GA books how much more valuable they’ll become? :idea:

20 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Ah, so I’ve been wrong all these years.

Remainder comics are rarer and more desirable than those that have their full covers still intact. 

I wonder if I start cuttting up the covers on all my GA books how much more valuable they’ll become? :idea:

And don’t forget to poorly photoshop your own CGC labels for them too!

9 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Oh, the shirtless guy.  I didn’t realize he was still active.  What is he, 100?

Some 1970’s comic dealers are still rockin’ that look today...:banana:

8E32D557-E21F-447A-857E-E7DA015E0841.jpeg.2432780327c44d42451e59a8d1ff01d8.jpeg

18 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

the only boardie i've ever put on ignore will tell you he's a wonderful fellow; up there with his other soulmate, beerbong.

Yeah, Theo’s marketing strategies seem to skirt ethical guidelines which I can’t wrap my head around.  He’s accumulated some great stuff collection-wise, and can charge whatever the market will bear or wait to catch a fish on his hook without misrepresenting the items he’s hawking if he chose to do that.  Years ago I completed two transactions with him that were totally honest, above board and fairly negotiated.

This other kind of twisted marketing is something else altogether.  Go figure!

i know you’re not fond of Mitch (can’t blame you for ignoring him), but he’s a straight up kinda guy in person, once you can get past the social media stuff.  He’s actually toned that down quite a bit.  :foryou:

15 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Yeah, Theo’s marketing strategies seem to skirt ethical guidelines which I can’t wrap my head around.  He’s accumulated some great stuff collection-wise, and can charge whatever the market will bear or wait to catch a fish on his hook without misrepresenting the items he’s hawking if he chose to do that.  Years ago I completed two transactions with him that were totally honest, above board and fairly negotiated.

i know you’re not fond of Mitch (can’t blame you for ignoring him), but he’s a straight up kinda guy in person, once you can get past the social media stuff.  He’s actually toned that down quite a bit.  :foryou:

Within the last year I concluded a great transaction with Theo for an item I had noticed he'd listed on eBay about four years earlier.  I sent him an email asking him if he still had it, he said he did and quoted me a price.  Turned out the price he quoted was a bit less than his ebay listing, but he stuck with that price.  I thought he was a pleasure to deal with.

Looking at these listings, I have to think his tongue is planted firmly in cheek. 

57 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

afraid you're going to have to be satisfied we me being fond of YOU!!

41 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Within the last year I concluded a great transaction with Theo for an item I had noticed he'd listed on eBay about four years earlier.  I sent him an email asking him if he still had it, he said he did and quoted me a price.  Turned out the price he quoted was a bit less than his ebay listing, but he stuck with that price.  I thought he was a pleasure to deal with.

Looking at these listings, I have to think his tongue is planted firmly in cheek

so, are we to understand that you think if some rube was enticed, ala o.olbuck, to hit 'buy it now,' the seller would demur and say "that was all tongue in cheek?"

if you do, I respectfully disagree.