• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i'm currrently a little tapped out, but one of you...
3 3

54 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2019 at 6:36 PM, mattn792 said:

I mean, I don't even know where to begin with this one...  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1-Distributors-Copy-Title-Returned-Newstand-Mint-No-Grade/233231986630?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D6b5599880c5340b5952794c45b4d0a0c%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D233162128026%26itm%3D233231986630&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A25866b93-93c4-11e9-afaf-74dbd18065c1|parentrq%3A77a7fca416b0aad3753bf2dfffdbd11b|iid%3A1

s-l1600.jpg

(Verbatim description) -- "It’s copy is Dated 1961 before the normal run of amazing spiderman 1 debuted in 1963! A “perfect” copy !Condition is simply unbelievable I’ve seen the million dollar copy and this is just as nice! Keep in mind this book is supposed to be missing the title! It’s part of the sales and return process! I’ve never seen one that has survived after being returned of this issue especially in mint condition’ To conclude This is a untouched copy of Spiderman number 1 (dated from 1961) , yet interesting its supposed to be released to the public on March 1963! Could this be a prototype from 1961 even before amazing fantasy 15! This would mean that the first appearance of Spiderman was not in amazing fantasy 15 but in this prototype of amazing Spidermsn 1 This issue is historic which is part of the process of getting amazing Spiderman’s first issue to the newsstands! As far I know this is the only copy of this first issue that exists and in perfect unread newsstand mint condition! Also I plan to Re-list if it doesn’t sell for my 1 million dollar asking price with a reserve of only its “original cover price” of “10 cents” inquiries always welcome Amaziing Spider-Man 1 Distributors Copy Title Removed /Returned-Newstand Mint “No Grade”. Shipped with USPS First Class Package."

I can’t understand what he is pitching here. (shrug). Is it simply a nice newsstand return copy? If so, what is all the fake CGC labels and printing at the top of the book? I doubt CGC would not be happy about it. He seems to be pimping it as a “prototype”. Seems VERY misleading and a bit dishonest. Why would one do this?

I’m also confused as to where he’s pulling a 1961 date from? Pretty sure that 1961 newsstand mint is more photoshop garbage in the listing. Really weird. So far out there as a scam it just seems like a waste of time to even try. Lots of scams run by dealers that actually work on unsuspecting public but this???

Total scam trying to make something defective into something important.  I would think he can be reported for the obvious photoshop of the CGC label.

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

If you ask him directly to explain a listing, you’ll just want to jump into traffic.  The guy can invent an explanation for anything, no matter how many facts contradict his assertions.

Maybe we should ask him to join the CGC boards. We could use more narcissistic behavior here...:devil:

15 hours ago, mattn792 said:

If you ask him directly to explain a listing, you’ll just want to jump into traffic.  The guy can invent an explanation for anything, no matter how many facts contradict his assertions.

How true that is!

In his ebay explanation he states: "Could this be a prototype from 1961 even before amazing fantasy 15! This would mean that the first appearance of Spiderman was not in amazing fantasy 15 but in this prototype of amazing Spidermsn 1"

Meanwhile, the cover is cut offed exactly where the splash page references Amazing Fantasy 15!

I think the bulk of the $996,750 price is factoring in legal costs if that thing ever sold!