• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-man by the Abrams
1 1

12 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, yowza! said:

I predict he's around for the first 5-7 issues then bails for something else. (i.e. Alias, Lost, Star Wars ... etc)

That is pretty accurate, but it is a limited series, without a number added to how limited.

I am intrigued that a new villain is being created for this.  Hopefully that will be something of note.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:02 PM, Tnexus said:

FYi, his son is writing. JJ is just basically helping him with storyboarding it sounds like.

And established comic writers are pissed about this.

I understand this without a doubt.

Why would established writers get so pissed? I mean did "Established movie writers" get pissed when Stan started helping with movies? I mean sure it might take away a job opportunity in the short term, but long term I think it would just create more interest in comics and have something new.

9 minutes ago, Mirkinator said:

Why would established writers get so pissed? I mean did "Established movie writers" get pissed when Stan started helping with movies? I mean sure it might take away a job opportunity in the short term, but long term I think it would just create more interest in comics and have something new.

Stan Lee wrote a movie? Oh, you're right, he did....

250px-StripperellaDVD_cover.jpg

I would think everyone needs to get their start somewhere.  And honestly how does one get started in writing comic stories?  At least JJ isn't paying off college admissions to get him into college......

Now if I was established in the industry and have been trying to get a spider-story through the process and got stepped all over by this, that is when I would understand and be upset.  But hey it might come out and be absolutely terrible.

Or it could come out and be the 2nd coming.

image.png.7fbe741c869f0a98877a3939b73bf6c1.png

On 6/25/2019 at 12:15 AM, Tnexus said:

I think it's because a lot of writers would love and have tried to write for Spider-man, but Marvel went with the famous guy's kid instead.

I get it, but it's not like it doesn't happen all the time in entertainment. Hell, Stan Lee was the cousin of the founder of Marvel when he was hired.