• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ECCC vs C2E2 vs Baltimore
1 1

72 posts in this topic

Baltimore is much, much better in terms of comic selection compared to C2E2.  I'd say the artist area may be similar but I rarely go into that section and can only gauge from a distance.  C2E2 had a decent selection of dealers but nothing compared to Baltimore or Heroes.

19 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Baltimore is much, much better in terms of comic selection compared to C2E2.  I'd say the artist area may be similar but I rarely go into that section and can only gauge from a distance.  C2E2 had a decent selection of dealers but nothing compared to Baltimore or Heroes.

I've never been to ECC but between C2E2 and Baltimore as far as depth and breadth of books I will take Baltimore every day and twice on Sundays.

The only issue I have with Baltimore is the con is held in the absolutely beautiful Inner Harbor area and it's absolutely littered with bums and beggars harassing you right outside the con and lining the streets as you try to navigate your way to one of the walking distance restaurants.

50 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I've never been to ECC but between C2E2 and Baltimore as far as depth and breadth of books I will take Baltimore every day and twice on Sundays.

The only issue I have with Baltimore is the con is held in the absolutely beautiful Inner Harbor area and it's absolutely littered with bums and beggars harassing you right outside the con and lining the streets as you try to navigate your way to one of the walking distance restaurants.

Those were not bums and beggars - they were Ravens fans.  Hard to tell the difference some times.  Go Browns!

Having been to C2E2 and Baltimore I can honestly say that my buying experience in Baltimore has been great last year and the one before. I did well in Chicago but all in all I am closer to Baltimore and can get there and stay close by more affordably. I like the proximity to Shake Shack too. 

On 6/22/2019 at 9:38 PM, Raze said:

ok so i added Baltimore to the discussion, as ive hread it mentioned in this thread and ive spoke with 2 dealers at st louis comic con today and they both suggested Baltimore over ECCC. So Baltimore people whats it like? Parking, lines, traffic,hotels, flights?   Chime In!!

If you're a fan of comic shows that are about comics. Baltimore is a great show to attend. Marc Nathan and company do a fantastic job running the show. As someone who has attended and set up at every show the past 20 years it's a solid convention. They do a great job regarding guests and also CGC will be offering on-site grading as they have for a number of years. Past guests include Dave Gibbons,  Brian Bolland, Stan Lee, Lynda Carter, Mike Mignola, Herb Trimpe, and countless other. The show also features a large selection of comic dealers nationally. 

Well Baltimore sounds great! Buuut that is the weekend for my sons birthday, so i will not be going to Baltimore this year. Hopefully her next year will find a better date.

so its back to Chicago and Seattle. And at this point its a wash for me.  I guess it will depend on the guest lineup for both 

Just to be clear, if you're looking for "Artists Alley" Baltimore is by far the better show. If you're looking for comics, Baltimore is by far the better show. If you're looking for a relatively affordable out of town convention experience Baltimore is by far a better show.

Baltimore guest list, as of last night: CGC grading, this year's confirmed guests for the show include: Joel Adams (Savage Eve), Neal Adams ( Detective Comics), Zeea Adams (Neal Adams Monsters), Art Way Alliance, Brian Azzarello (Batman: Damned), Jeremy Bastian ( Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Under The Spell), Marty Baumann (Disney/Pixar), Carolyn Belefski (Curls), Ziggy Blumenthal ( Operation Pajama Pants), Harold Buchholz (MST3K), Mark Buckingham (Justice League Dark), Cullen Bunn (Harrow County , courtesy of AfterShock Comics), Greg Burnham (Tuskegee Heirs), Buzz (Superman: Coming of the Supermen), Jim Calafiore ( The Mike Wieringo Tellos Tribute), Chris Campana (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Joe Carabeo (The Legettes), Richard Case ( Doom Patrol), Christa Cassano (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Freshman Force), Castillo Studios, Jacob Chabot ( Ziggy Pig - Silly Seal Comics), Howard Chaykin (Hey Kids! Comics!), Frank Cho (Harley Quinn), Amy Chu (KISS: The End ), Matthew oClark (Injustice: Ground Zero), Steve Conley (The Middle Age), Steve Conte (Action Figure Kingdom ), Katie Cook (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), Jamie Cosley (Star Wars Insider), Clayton Crain ( Absolute Carnage: Miles Morales, courtesy of Frankie's Comics), Kristina Deak-Linsner (Vampirella: Roses for the Dead ), The Deans Family (La Moo Du Chocolat: A Shakes Adventure), Steve Ellis (The Only Living Girl), Tod Emko and Piggy ( A Piggy's Tale), Steve Englehart (Doctor Strange, courtesy of Hero Initiative), Garth Ennis (The Boys , Friday and Saturday only), Rob Feldman (Cyko KO), Chris Flick (Capes & Babes), LJ and Kayla Fowlkes ( The Adventures of CHIBIWONGTONG), Shea Fontana (DC SuperHero Girls), Francesco Francavilla ( Red Sonja and Vampirella Meet Betty and Veronica), Franco (Superman of Smallville), Julie Fujii Sakai ( Usagi Yojimbo: The Hidden), John Gallagher (Max Meow), David Gallaher (The Only Living Girl), SL Gallant ( Magic: The Gathering: Chandra - Tales of Alara), Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez (DC Nation), Mitch Gerads (Mr. Miracle), Gerhard ( Cerberus the Aardvark), Chris Giarrusso (Hashtag: Danger), Jimmy Gownley (Disney Zootopia: School Days), Garth Graham ( Star Power), John Patrick Green (Kim Possible Adventures), Dawn Griffin (Zorphbert & Fred), Juanjo Guarnido ( Blacksad),  Laura Lee Gulledge (Will & Whit), Bob Hall (West Coast Avengers), Cully Hamner (Batman Beyond ), N. Steven Harris (Michael Cray), Dean Haspiel (Bloodshot Rising Spirit), Greg Hildebrandt (Old Man Logan ), Clinton Hobart (Disney fine artist), Javon and Tarik Holmes (The Adventuers of Waffle Boy), Adam Hughes (Superman ), Jamal Igle (Wrong Earth), Klaus Janson (New Challengers), Justin Jordan (Reaver), Kata Kane ( G.F.F.s Ghost Friends Forever), Chris Kemple (The Mike Wieringo Tellos Tribute), Matt Kindt (X-O Manowar), Sharlene Kindt ( Dept. H), Tom King (Batman), Greg Land (Hulkverines, courtesy of Hero Initiative), Jim Lee (Batman: Hush , Saturday only), Jeff Lemire (Black Hammer), Joseph Michael Linsner (Red Sonja), Howard Mackie (Ghost Rider ), Mike Manley (Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Comic), Chris Mariano (Claire Lost Her Bear at the World's Fair ), Mark Mariano (Puddleton Farm: Ewing! What Are You Doing?), Ron Marz (Turok), Xavier McLaren (The Bubbler ), John McCrea (Hitman, courtesy of Hero Initiative), Bob McLeod (New Mutants), Carla Speed McNeil (Twisted Romance ), Pop Mhan (Raven, Daughter of Darkness), David Michelinie (Amazing Spider-Man , Saturday and Sunday only, courtesy of The Living Corpse), Edgardo Miranda-Rodriguez ( Ricanstruction: Reminiscing & Rebuilding Puerto Rico), Mark Morales (Justice League), Jamar Nicholas ( Leon: Protector of the Playground), Kevin Nowlan (Black Widow, courtesy of Hero Initiative), Jerry Ordway ( Archie Meets Batman '66), Rachel Ordway (FTL, Y'all!), Greg Pak (Star Wars), Dan Parent ( Archie: The Married Life - 10th Anniversary), Paul Pelletier (Aquaman/Jabberjaw Special), Andrew Pepoy ( Archie: The Married Life - 10th Anniversary), Mike Perkins (Swamp Thing), David Petersen (Mouse Guard), Mark Poulton ( Koni Waves), Andy Price (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), Dave Proch (Mango Lizard), Livio Ramondelli ( Transformers), Ron Randall (Trekker), Tom Raney (Dog Days of Summer), Afua Richardson (Run), Rafer Roberts ( Grumble), Don Rosa (The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck), Peter Rostovsky (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Freshman Force ), Craig Rousseau (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Dimension X), Mike Royer (New Gods), Arsia Rozegar (Man Plus ), Stan Sakai (Usagi Yojimbo), Stuart Sayger (KISS: The End), Bob Schreck (Batman: Hush), Greg Schigiel ( Pix: One Weirdest Weekend), Erica Schultz (Xena: Warrior Princess), Bart Sears (Turok), Jeff Shultz ( Archie Jumbo Comics Digest), Louise Simonson (Death of Superman), Walter Simonson (Ragnarok), Andy Smith (Demi-God ), Brian "Smitty" Smith (The Stuff of Legend), John K. Snyder III (Killers), Allison Sohn (The Art of Red Sonja, Volume 2 ), Charles Soule (Curse Words), Brian Stelfreeze (Rise of the Black Panther), Jim Steranko ( Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Karl Story (Star Wars: Age of Rebellion - Han Solo), William Stout ( Fantastic Worlds - The Art of William Stout), Ty Templeton (Marvel Super-Hero Adventures , courtesy of Hero Initiative), Michael Terracciano (Star Power), David and Sarah Trustman (The Memory Arts), Billy Tucci ( Shi), Brian K. Vaughan (Paper Girls), Brian K. Vaughan (Saga), Gus Vazquez (Big Hero 6), Emilio Velez Jr. (The Dodgeball Teens ), Robert Venditti (Hawkman), Doug Wagner (The Hard Place), Mark Waid (Avengers: No Road Home), Adam Wallenta ( Punk Taco), Adam Warren (Empowered And Sistah Spooky's High School Hell), Todd Webb (Mr. Toast Comics), Lee Weeks ( Batman), Bob Wiacek (Iron Man), Marcus Williams (Tuskegee Heirs), Javier Cruz Winnik (Puerto Rico Strong ), Marv Wolfman (Raven: Daughter of Darkness, courtesy of Hero Initiative), Rich Woodall (Electric Black), John Workman ( Riverdale), Kelly Yates (Torchwood), and Thom Zahler (Star Trek: Waypoint Special 2019).

I just booked my flight to Baltimore.  Yay, no redeye like I had to deal with last year.  Just arrive the day earlier of set up and enjoy the Inner Harbor.

I'm not thrilled they pushed Baltimore back so far this year. We always go for the weekend and spend lots of time in Inner Harbour. Hopefully the weather is nice. As far as the homeless in Baltimore, they are there but we have never been "harassed". 

13 minutes ago, wombat said:

I'm not thrilled they pushed Baltimore back so far this year. We always go for the weekend and spend lots of time in Inner Harbour. Hopefully the weather is nice. As far as the homeless in Baltimore, they are there but we have never been "harassed". 

The weather should be fabulous. Baltimore usually is ghastly hot - nicest time of the year in the mid-Atlantic is October.

7 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

The weather should be fabulous. Baltimore usually is ghastly hot - nicest time of the year in the mid-Atlantic is October.

In the last few years I only remember one time it being a bit hot. Usually its very comfortable mid September. But yeah, it should be fine. Just more risky. 

4 hours ago, greggy said:

I just booked my flight to Baltimore.  Yay, no redeye like I had to deal with last year.  Just arrive the day earlier of set up and enjoy the Inner Harbor.

Are we getting bunk beds?