• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,948 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, sagii said:
17 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The AS8 9.4 came pretty close. The owners are now asking for mucho mas $$$

....will never understand putting that much money into a vanity commodity with out the intent of 'sitting' on it for a 'while'.

+1

Especially since the Wonder Woman frenzy has dissipated to a large extent already and moved onto greener pastures elsewhere.  hm

23 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The AS8 9.4 came pretty close. The owners are now asking for mucho mas $$$

Yeah. It came in under 100k of hitting it. It certainly was worthy of the 1 M Club.   Yeah those dudes were asking like 2 mill last time I looked. 

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
7 hours ago, sagii said:

I believe the owner of My Slabbed Comics is a Boardie.

@GACollectibles

(thumbsu Thanks!

Now let's see more pedigrees(and other GA) updated to the site!

Buying a big book and soon after placing a much higher price on it as a “flip” isn’t exactly flipping it.. a flipper would usually look to make a quick 10-20% profit... But in this case, placing a price on it for twice what you paid, especially for a record price you paid is more like saying “ I’m keeping this book for 10 years when it will be worth twice what I paid.  But if you want to buy it now for that price, I’ll let it go. Trying to lock in the full gain you foresee for your purchase but not have to wait a decade for the market to slowly increase its value.  Makes sense to me...with one of a kind grail items...  even if they rarely sell quick anyway!

4 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Man MF 73 lost some major steam. The 7.0 copy is a steal at the current sitting price.  That copy is gorgeous with WHITE pages to boot 

The 9.6 graded Church copy of Startling 10 looks like a real steal at just a tad over top of guide price right now. :takeit:

Definitely a much better deal than the TMNT #1 at something like $75K already and still the live portion to go. O.o

Especially when you consider the fact that there are 24 copies of TMNT #1 in CGC 9.8 graded condition, and yet only a total of 15 graded Statling 10's with only 1 copy above CGC 8.0.  From my point of view, it's a no-brainer as to which one appears to be more of a deal between these 2 books.  hm