• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,076 posts in this topic

Anyone have any background on the "Sun City Collection" included in the current auction?

The Hucksters at Heritage have produced a video with all the hyperbole and catchphrases to capture the imagination of any starry-eyed collector. Not quite on the level of the promotional product for the "cedar chest" Action Comics #1, but enough to cause one to question claims of “stored untouched for over 60-years at high-altitude.” Here's the video...

https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=7212&ic=hero-Comics-Auction-AuctionInfo-7212-110119#AO-WSlkibKk’

It should be interesting to see if any of my top 5 hits my value mark

1-Destruction of the Earth 8pg classic Sc-fi story by Feldstein. Current bid is 13K with BP...my value is 50K 

2-Captain Future complete pulp collection 1-17 with 7 Migh High type copies ..currently 1k and a steal...the #1 and the 7 MH type copies I value at 2k add in the rest and you have 3400 is my value

3-Cap1-6.0 current bid 93K...look for it to hit at least 125K and my value is 150K plus and 250K in less than 5years.

4 Whiz 1...the secret is out on this book...its at 111K and it should hit 125K...my value 150K plus

5- Mad cover 59 in mint condition...its at 25K.....I have to say...it should hit at least 37K. but my value is 50K

Edited by Mmehdy

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

It should be interesting to see if any of my top 5 hits my value mark

1-Destruction of the Earth 8pg classic Sc-fi story by Feldstein. Current bid is 13K with BP...my value is 50K 

2-Captain Future complete pulp collection 1-17 with 7 Migh High type copies ..currently 1k and a steal...the #1 and the 7 MH type copies I value at 2k add in the rest and you have 3400 is my value

3-Cap1-6.0 current bid 93K...look for it to hit at least 125K and my value is 150K plus and 250K in less than 5years.

4 Whiz 1...the secret is out on this book...its at 111K and it should hit 125K...my value 150K plus

5- Mad cover 59 in mint condition...its at 25K.....I have to say...it should hit at least 37K. but my value is 50K

Cap 1 cgc 7.5 Conserved (staples cleaned) would seem like a good deal, good value

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/captain-america-comics-1-timely-1941-cgc-conserved-vf-75-off-white-pages/a/7212-91073.s

Crumb’s classic “Stoned Again” original blows me away! It is so easy to see his Wolverton influence in it. I would be hard pressed to think of many better Crumb pieces. Currently at 105K (actually 126K). 

Owned by the infamous Robert Beerbaum. He traded Crumb some 78 rpm records for it! Now that was quite the trade. 

Wonder what it will settle at? 

22 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Slowly creeping on the 1mil mark with the Marvel 1. Guessing it will get there before live bidding.

Yup sure enough

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Seems easy enough to replace with vintage staples and have a blue label?

17 hours ago, MasterChief said:

Anyone have any background on the "Sun City Collection" included in the current auction?

The Hucksters at Heritage have produced a video with all the hyperbole and catchphrases to capture the imagination of any starry-eyed collector. Not quite on the level of the promotional product for the "cedar chest" Action Comics #1, but enough to cause one to question claims of “stored untouched for over 60-years at high-altitude.” Here's the video...

https://comics.ha.com/c/auction-home.zx?saleNo=7212&ic=hero-Comics-Auction-AuctionInfo-7212-110119#AO-WSlkibKk’

Rick posted a link for books he has in this auction

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Crumb’s classic “Stoned Again” original blows me away! It is so easy to see his Wolverton influence in it. I would be hard pressed to think of many better Crumb pieces. Currently at 105K (actually 126K). 

Owned by the infamous Robert Beerbaum. He traded Crumb some 78 rpm records for it! Now that was quite the trade. 

Wonder what it will settle at? 

No matter what it sells for, and as ridiculously awesome it is it should sell for a ton, Beerbohm will moan about it. I actually feel sorry for his consignment representative.

7 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

$690k for the Crumb OA :whatthe:

Why do I have this image of Beerbohm making it rain at the strip club?

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
8 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I'd take the OA to Batman 251 any day of the week.

It is a toss-up for me. I get the significance of both, but I wouldn't spend that much loot on either.

4 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
6 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
13 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I'd take the OA to Batman 251 any day of the week.

It is a toss-up for me. I get the significance of both, but I wouldn't spend that much loot on either.

To each their own, I would imagine, as underground art certainly doesn't get me reaching for my wallet at all.  (shrug)

Much more of a mainstream collector and I guess that's the reason why I forked over $40 for that now virtually worthless limited signed and number hardcover edition of the Dark Knight and said a big fat definitive NO to paying $300 for TMNT #1 with that horrid looking interior artwork.  doh!