• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

To each their own, I would imagine, as underground art certainly doesn't get me reaching for my wallet at all.  (shrug)

Much more of a mainstream collector and I guess that's the reason why I forked over $40 for that now virtually worthless limited signed and number hardcover edition of the Dark Knight and said a big fat definitive NO to paying $300 for TMNT #1 with that horrid looking interior artwork.  doh!

You would have to get stoned the first time to get "Stoned Agin".

Surprised that the Cap #103 Skull OA cover "only" sold for $288k compared to what the Joker and Crumb OA sold for today.  I was thinking min. $350k?  Now I'm no OA expert nor collector, but this OA is very unique in that the OA has some differences with the actual comic book printed. That to me is one heck of a premium alone.  I dunno of any OA with that uniqueness especially a cover.  Congrats to the winning bidder.  A fine piece!

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wait, wasn't the last sale on this like $80K?!

EDIT - duh, it was on HA. $90K! Oofta to that buyer.

Edited by Howling Mad

my thoughts on the lots I followed

MF73 4.5 (Voldemort) $32,400 - nice pickup there for someone, thought that price was a bit low for such an important book and was a real nice copy.  This book still doesn't get the full respect it deserves in my opinion.  I almost threw a bid in there last minute given this relatively low price but wasn't prepared.

Sub-Mariner Comics #1 4.0 $16,800 - sold about where it should if one were to follow gpa and I thought a really nice pickup for someone at this price.  Still an undervalued book in my opinion and tough.  I can see this book really breaking out in the future.

AF15 5.0 $38,400 - I know I know it's SA but it's a bellwether for almost the entire era. Continued the slight downward pricing trend of late.  I liked this copy and wasn't bothered by the tape on cvr. A 5.0 under 40k is a nice grab.

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yeah...sucks for the guy that paid 90k, but 52k is still double what this book was getting 2 years ago.  Give it 10 years and that 90k purchase will like look a steal?...we'll maybe not.

41 minutes ago, atomised said:

AF15 5.0 $38,400 - I know I know it's SA but it's a bellwether for almost the entire era. Continued the slight downward pricing trend of late.  I liked this copy and wasn't bothered by the tape on cvr. A 5.0 under 40k is a nice grab.

It had a piece of tape on the cover. I think without it it would have sold for more.