• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

My impression of this auction is that the prices were generally a bit soft.  Not surprising given the time of year, pre-Christmas seems to always present some buying opportunities at the big auction houses (outside of Mega keys typically)

It is hitting towards 15 Mil auction total.....the market is strong at 14,260,000 with a lot of lots left....

Edited by Mmehdy

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

As for that horrid looking so-called CGC 1.8 Conserved copy going for over $25K sure seems like a pretty strong price for that butt ugly looking copy.  I am actually surprsied it's only considered to be Conserved with all of that work done to it (i.e. tear seals to cover & interior, cover cleaned, leaf casting to cover, and married back cover).   And what is all that along the entire spine of the front cover and bottom portion of the back cover:  O.o  :p

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Batman #1 (DC, 1940) CGC Conserved GD- 1.8 Off-white pages....

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Batman #1 (DC, 1940) CGC Conserved GD- 1.8 Off-white pages....

That’s what you get when you request the “surgical” color touch removal option, with extra wide margins to ensure a Universal grade.  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

My impression of this auction is that the prices were generally a bit soft.  Not surprising given the time of year, pre-Christmas seems to always present some buying opportunities at the big auction houses (outside of Mega keys typically)

I disagree... or we just track different books.  There were a lot of 4 figure type books that did really well.

PL 20 cgc 6.5 $3360

Nightmare 13 cgc 7.5 $2640

All Top 16 cgc 8.5 $8700...

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, looks like that complete GGA cover run of Junior Comics must have finished in record price territory with all of them in the $3K+ range.  :luhv:   (thumbsu

Surprisingly, this recently particular hot issue finished up with the lowest price out of the entire run at only $3,120:  :whatthe:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Humor, Junior Comics #15 (Fox, 1948) CGC FN/VF 7.0 Off-white pages....

That was a surprise to me as well. At the end of the day I broke just above even on the Junior and Sunny runs. Definitely awesome books and I hope some boardies got some of them. 

Edited by Ricksneatstuff