• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,077 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

I was wondering who that undisciplined buyer was. All I can say is they must have really wanted that book.

Agreed. It's a great book, but I'm not sure what's happened to it's value over the last year. It's seeing a crazy run-up, like a minor version of what's happening to Mask #1 and #2.

33 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

I was the "undisciplined" buyer. The reason I pulled the trigger, and the book is doing so well, is you just don't see anybody with a nice copy offering it for sale. In my opinion, that's for a good reason. That particular copy is probably one of the top ten on census. It's tough because of all the black, its Bill Everett, and it usually makes every top 10 pch cover list. All that being said, was it too much money? Yup.

Beautiful book - not many nicer out there!

1 hour ago, Joshua33 said:

I was the "undisciplined" buyer. The reason I pulled the trigger, and the book is doing so well, is you just don't see anybody with a nice copy offering it for sale. In my opinion, that's for a good reason. That particular copy is probably one of the top ten on census. It's tough because of all the black, its Bill Everett, and it usually makes every top 10 pch cover list. All that being said, was it too much money? Yup.

Oh that's confusing based on the context of your prior post. I didn't mean it negatively, it's a wicked cool book that I was watching as well, it just exceed my budget--which I'm gathering is a sliver of yours.

I'm shocked how much it's spiked in value, but you have all of the numbers behind everything so you know better than most anyone.

54 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:

Oh that's confusing based on the context of your prior post. I didn't mean it negatively, it's a wicked cool book that I was watching as well, it just exceed my budget--which I'm gathering is a sliver of yours.

I'm shocked how much it's spiked in value, but you have all of the numbers behind everything so you know better than most anyone.

I was being facetious in my first post. I actually tend to agree with you about it being overpriced. My point is, what isnt these days? I feel that comparatively, it's solid compared to most other PCH  these days.

15 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

Great buy and enjoy it....

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

So I was in one of my favorite reading spots looking at the latest issue of Heritage's magazine, Intelligent Collector, and lo and behold I see this

congrats Rick!  the back story on this must be awesome!  :applause:

RicksNeatStuff.thumb.jpg.c0d4ffaa20dfec2b90706f067c797556.jpg

He is also known to elevate certain books into big demand items lol 

On 11/26/2019 at 6:17 PM, Robot Man said:

Just one of many reasons I no longer bid in Heritage auctions. Apparently, shill bidding is legal in TX. Just doesn’t seem right or fair. 

HA won't allow you to bid on your own books.  

39 minutes ago, buttock said:
On 11/27/2019 at 1:17 AM, Robot Man said:

Just one of many reasons I no longer bid in Heritage auctions. Apparently, shill bidding is legal in TX. Just doesn’t seem right or fair. 

HA won't allow you to bid on your own books.  

What about their own books.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 11/21/2019 at 8:30 AM, Robot Man said:

Crumb’s classic “Stoned Again” original blows me away! It is so easy to see his Wolverton influence in it. I would be hard pressed to think of many better Crumb pieces. Currently at 105K (actually 126K). 

Owned by the infamous Robert Beerbaum. He traded Crumb some 78 rpm records for it! Now that was quite the trade. 

Wonder what it will settle at? 

Besides comics, Robert has one of best original 78RPM Jazz record collections still. My understanding is that possibly Robert will travel to France and bring some of his collection there for a second trade. I know he still has thousands of items including original art in storage after his big E-bay store shut down and that he sold some of the duplicates but keep all the Good stuff. I think he wants to sell it in one big lump and continue with his comic book history book which the funds would help launch. You are gonna need a  Big truck to take it all. I agree classic Crumb.

Edited by Mmehdy

10 hours ago, Mmehdy said:
On 11/21/2019 at 8:30 AM, Robot Man said:

Crumb’s classic “Stoned Again” original blows me away! It is so easy to see his Wolverton influence in it. I would be hard pressed to think of many better Crumb pieces. Currently at 105K (actually 126K). 

Owned by the infamous Robert Beerbaum. He traded Crumb some 78 rpm records for it! Now that was quite the trade. 

Wonder what it will settle at? 

Besides comics, Robert has one of best original 78RPM Jazz record collections still. My understanding is that possibly Robert will travel to France and bring some of his collection there for a second trade.

Well, it's quite obvious that Beerbaum is not satisfied with trading some old 78's for Stoned Agin which netted him $690K in the end.  :takeit:

Word in the art world is that he's now bringing a few more of his prized 78's from his private collection to France in hopes of trading it for the Mona Lisa.  lol

Edited by lou_fine