• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,077 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Heritage related.....

taking a look in the archives it looks like they’ve sold around 30 Tec 27’s over the years.  I can’t imagine any auction site is even Close to that number???

It's like ComicConnect with AC1s

11 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

It's like ComicConnect with AC1s

I wonder if CC count the old Fishler only days in their AC 1 count ?  Heritage has sold 20ish Action 1’s according to their archives. Any idea how many CC has sold ??

55 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Heritage related.....

taking a look in the archives it looks like they’ve sold around 30 Tec 27’s over the years.  I can’t imagine any auction site is even Close to that number???

those could be dupe sales copies, I think CC has them on the early sales .. and of course DD

On 11/27/2019 at 8:31 AM, Mmehdy said:

I think every auction, Ebay, CC, CL all can be shilled by your friend or seller as a second person and its impossible to stop. So I don't think that Ha...even though in Texas the auction house or seller can bid   is any worse than any other  auction house. You really take a chance to pay the " worlds highest price when you bid...everybody knows that, that is why  my auction rule is simple: I will pay the value that I think the item is worth to me..period and not some zombie bid button pushing person who wants just to  win at any cost. Whether is the seller, his brother or another bidder  runs the price up of you, always follow that rule...you should be OK. The best way to buy  any serious GA is  direct Dealer or collector at a fixed price that you both agree upon.I understand the rarest of the rarest might only be available by auction...in that case you have no choice if you want to go after it, but you do have the ultimate power not to keep pushing the "bid" button.

Yes, every auction can be shilled. It is a practice that is frowned upon and downright not only un-fair but illegal in many places. But it is LEGAL to do so in TX. HA takes full advantage of it.

I agree that I will only pay what I want to or think it is worth to me. It is just so frustrating to put in a monster bid and get shut out time after time. Plus you have to figure in the BP, Taxes, Fees and Shipping in addition to have to complete with people who either have to "win" at all costs or have more money than God. At the end of the day, you sit with the item and it has just lost a lot of it's lustre.

There are many ways to spend my money. HA and most of the big auction houses just aren't on my list much anymore.

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Yes, every auction can be shilled. It is a practice that is frowned upon and downright not only un-fair but illegal in many places. But it is LEGAL to do so in TX. HA takes full advantage of it.

I agree that I will only pay what I want to or think it is worth to me. It is just so frustrating to put in a monster bid and get shut out time after time. Plus you have to figure in the BP, Taxes, Fees and Shipping in addition to have to complete with people who either have to "win" at all costs or have more money than God. At the end of the day, you sit with the item and it has just lost a lot of it's lustre.

There are many ways to spend my money. HA and most of the big auction houses just aren't on my list much anymore.

I've been curious about HA and Lone Star Comics for awhile now, regarding their auctions.  Do you sense that they are square, or that when you bid with a larger hidden reserve, they'll of course see that, and bump your bid up to just below what your max is, regardless of what the competition has bid?

54 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

i believe you are misinterpreting the Texas law here. Can you give an example, please?

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

But it is LEGAL to do so in TX. HA takes full advantage of it.

Texas Administrtive Code 16 part 4, §67.70 (c)(3) A licensee may not knowingly use or permit the use of false bidders at any auction.

Violation is a Class D penalty, which carries a minimum $2,000 fine upon first violation and goes up from there.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:49 AM, HRCostigan said:

Just got the November auction pamphlet in the mail today doh!

Me too!

First I thought it was a pamphlet announcing the prices achieved and was impressed that they got one out so fast, and then I realized it was for the auction itself! :facepalm:

Edited by tth2

Just collected my winnings from heritage, and the book didn’t match up very well to the image they advertised. Their image is on top. What I got was the one on the lower left(and yes, I have 2 books the exact same grade mostly because I don’t even know why)

4B1C1F2E-37D6-481B-A3C0-2FA9066F63CA.jpeg

1A1238B8-04E0-429F-A314-0890FF403EF0.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Just collected my winnings from heritage, and the book didn’t match up very well to the image they advertised. Their image is on top. What I got was the one on the lower left(and yes, I have 2 books the exact same grade mostly because I don’t even know why)

4B1C1F2E-37D6-481B-A3C0-2FA9066F63CA.jpeg

1A1238B8-04E0-429F-A314-0890FF403EF0.jpeg

Whoa, that cover is awesome! They're definitely pumping their colors though. Still that's a great looking book regardless.

Did you receive shipping notification from them? I paid as soon as I received my invoice, but haven't seen anything since.

1 hour ago, Howling Mad said:

Whoa, that cover is awesome! They're definitely pumping their colors though. Still that's a great looking book regardless.

Did you receive shipping notification from them? I paid as soon as I received my invoice, but haven't seen anything since.

Well, thanks. But I’d hoped for better color.

anyway, I live in dallas so I just drive over whenever. From that standpoint it’s a nice deal. Hope your book arrives soon!

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

anyway, I live in dallas so I just drive over whenever. From that standpoint it’s a nice deal. Hope your book arrives soon!

Oh nice! Thank you!

This certainly isn't the first time this feedback has been shared, it's pretty much the norm across most sites and sellers now. I suspect some of it is genuinely unintentional...sometimes scanner's standard settings hype colors. But in a handful of cases it's very clear filters and/or Photoshop are being used to manipulate the colors drastically.

7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Probably a good idea to drive on over and inspect lots before the next auction rather than after you bid. 

Edited by MrBedrock