• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,948 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

good Q !

I'm normally not interested in 3.5 books, but I'm actually thinking I'll put in a bid for this book, even if the interiors are totally moth-eaten or something.

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
3 minutes ago, tth2 said:

What the hell are the 3.5-causing defects with this book?!

good Q !

Well, maybe one of you guys with the much deeper pockets can spring for a copy of the CGC Grader's Notes and post them here for all of us to see.  :bigsmile:

1 minute ago, tth2 said:

I'm normally not interested in 3.5 books, but I'm actually thinking I'll put in a bid for this book, even if the interiors are totally moth-eaten or something.

It's in the public interest that someone buy's the graders notes.  I totally would but I need to save my money for the bid I'm going to put in on this one.

18 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Curious. Inquiring minds want to know why

Best guess is John was able to sell it privately and made an arrangement to pull it.  This would not be unprecedented based on a clients' long standing relationship with Heritage.

1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

Best guess is John was able to sell it privately and made an arrangement to pull it.

I think this is most likely the outcome.

It would be nice to have known the sale price.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, dem1138 said:

Best guess is John was able to sell it privately and made an arrangement to pull it.  This would not be unprecedented based on a clients' long standing relationship with Heritage.

Any John that we would know here, or just another regular Tom, , or Harry?  hm  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 12/13/2019 at 10:41 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Feb 2020 auction already has 2 Superman1 and 1 Batman1 listed.

Lovely 3.5 !

21816795%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

This is a lovely book, but based on the example of the HA Cap 36 posted a few pages back I'm suspicious whether the actual book's colors are really as electric as in this scan. Note that the CGC label in the scan above appears quite blindingly bright.

As a more general comment, when I was actively collecting early GA Supes I found it particularly difficult to gauge the true color of all the yellow background covers from scans (Superman #3, #5, #6, #9, #11 etc). Even a very dull yellow cover could still appear pretty zingy in the average scan.