• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

'amazing' isn't the adjective I'd use >:(

Still whatever magic is being done...the grade is what is...on 
Feb 1, 2020.....

I would think knowing this the grade manipulation  would impact my desire to own the book, but we have to accept and respect what the grade is today....its called "reality"

25 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

:gossip:  its a heritage scan

What are the colors enhanced in the scan??  Is that not a true representation of the book?  I would be pissed if I bid on this and it did not look like what was represented in the auction. 

4 minutes ago, mstrange said:

What are the colors enhanced in the scan??  Is that not a true representation of the book?  I would be pissed if I bid on this and it did not look like what was represented in the auction. 

There was a cluster of post a while back showing scan versus what you actually got.

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

Still whatever magic is being done...the grade is what is...on 
Feb 1, 2020.....

I would think knowing this the grade manipulation  would impact my desire to own the book, but we have to accept and respect what the grade is today....its called "reality"

I think the word you’re looking for is “gaslighting” ...It’s a term associated with the manipulation of facts to create an alternative reality.

8 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

I think the word you’re looking for is “gaslighting” ...It’s a term associated with the manipulation of facts to create an alternative reality.

I always thought "gaslighting" was what comic geeks did after a night of Mexican food and margaritas?

1 hour ago, szav said:

Odd looking blemish in the top left area...is that a color touch scrape?  Looks bad,

Wouldn’t bother me a bit. I tend to have “lazy eye” that very quickly lowers to the bottom have of the book anyway...

One of my favorite books of all time. 

58 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wouldn’t bother me a bit. I tend to have “lazy eye” that very quickly lowers to the bottom have of the book anyway...

One of my favorite books of all time. 

If its a tape pull it doesn't bother me at all, particularly since as you said the eye isn't drawn towards the blemish... I thought it looked like it might have been scraped off CT in which case I'd want nothing to do with it.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:18 PM, MrBedrock said:

Maybe the addition of tape didn't have anything to do with the grade bump.

Book was dry cleaned and pressed, probably accounting for a half grade bump, if not a full grade minus addition of tape.  So it went from a raggy low grade copy to a slightly nicer looking raggy copy. However while many aspects were improved, look at the crease above Batman’s head that actually was enhanced and is more pronounced now.  Hazards of pressing color breaking creases!

i just read the rest of the thread and see I’m days late with this breaking news!,

Edited by Aman619
Oops

10 minutes ago, Aman619 said:
On 1/22/2020 at 12:18 PM, MrBedrock said:

Maybe the addition of tape didn't have anything to do with the grade bump.

Book was dry cleaned and pressed, probably accounting for a half grade bump, if not a full grade minus addition of tape.

So, as far as you are aware, there was none of that so-call "rolling" of the front cover over to the back cover to hide some of the more obvious defects?  ???

On 2/1/2020 at 9:11 AM, mstrange said:

Colors look amazing.

It's the Cream PQ glaze!  I swear the colors on books with cream pages often get that sort of glossy ceramic finish, just like firing a glazed ceramic in a kiln.  Maybe they've been baked in a box in someone's garage or attic for years, emerging with a rich, polished patina.