• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,948 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Sounds like you are also a pack rat like me and simply just can't throw anything out. :facepalm:

Do you also have all of those old auction catalogs from Sotheby's or what's even worse, all of the old dealer printed catalogs from way back in the days before they ever had auctions or even no internet at all back then?  O.o

Yes, I need help :cry:

22 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

All my friends are waiting for my pile of catalogues to fall down and crush me.

And yet I believe this is the single overriding mentality that makes us all the true comic book collectors that we are nowadays.  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, szav said:

Shame on me for allowing myself to be suckered by the a~~-oles at HA.  I mean I knew the colors wouldn't be as bold as in the HA scan, but I didn't think they'd go so far as to turn orange into red.  Or maybe I'm going colorblind.  At any rate grabbed this because it went low.  Disappointed enough that I'm going to stop doing business with these clowns until they stop deliberately misrepresenting their books.

Wings85cgc8.jpg

Wings85HABS.jpg

I just got 2 books in and the colors weren't any different from the pictures. (shrug)

4 minutes ago, buttock said:

I just got 2 books in and the colors weren't any different from the pictures. (shrug)

That's good to hear. A few of us reached out to Rick with complaints and he said they were looking into calibrating the image colors to be more accurate...that was about a month ago. Maybe they did make improvements, but there are some overbright images still in the pipeline.

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I got my catalogs last night and they have a smaller one with the console on the cover.  Seems like they advertising it quite heavily.

My brother who has nothing to do with comics or collectibles let alone Heritage had heard about it.  He heard about it on youtube.  There are a lot of people talking about this. 

It’s rumored that this dude has a good eye for perfect calibration...

F48C9444-7F4F-466A-B76C-FCF1B922E5BD.thumb.jpeg.723f45f7297bc129cf6bf0974a4117f9.jpeg

I can vouch for the fact he got properly calibrated Friday afternoon at the Los Colinas Yardhouse and everything looked just fine!  (thumbsu

edited-image_zpsrhglkecm.thumb.jpg.87ab9588dbf1009d98775b8fc8cfc838.jpg

:tink:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
It took three days to finish! ;0)

My Top 5 in the upcoming auction

1-Marvel Tales #95 9.6.  The best book in the auction. The condition is incredible.  9.6..what person buying that book would NOT READ it....a freak..best copy on the planet of one the greatest monster covers of all time. One chance to get this....

2-Famous Funnies #214..one of the top ten comic book covers of all time..the color of this copy is amazing...great stuff

3-Forbidden Worlds #1--I believe undervalued..great condition 9.6..GREAT CONTENTS as well....cannot go wrong.

4- Jumbo 16..9.8..go back with a time machine..and it would be still hard to find a book that condition...bought..never read...stored in a basement for you.....

5- TIE: Superman 1 3.5...a very strong 3.5 it is...great copy and of course Cap1 7.0...Catman do you hear me....pull the trigger on this copy...before it doubles in the next 5 years.

I have no books in, so I have no dog in the fight, but it seems like there are still some deals to be had. Like Supe 1 1.5 at $60k and Cap 1 7.0 at $132k

:gossip:

p.s. Note that I’m not telling you which books I’m eyeballing 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

It drives me a bit nuts that these bigger auctions close in the middle of the week and during the middle of the day. Why can’t they close in the evening? I know there is a live event, but can’t that start later? I’ve missed out on a ton of stuff because of this and will be pinched again. I’m sure I’m not the only other person whose job is rather manic ~8-5.

That all star 8 Cgc 3.5 presents really nice

Any chance that’s gonna go for below gpa? 

Would be a great snag Imho for what I believe is a currently underpriced comic 

Edited by rabidwolf

31 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Looks like the 9.4 this book previously was got bumped to a 9.6. Will be interesting to see what it sells for now.

I personally don't think the bump in grade for this particular book when it is still the highest graded copy either way will have any impact at all on the final price.  hm

My bet is that he will most likely lose big time money on this book since he grossly over paid in the first place on a relatively soft demand book, then threw unnecessary money to upgrade it, and finally brought it back to market way too soon.   :tonofbricks:

I certainly hope the consignor does alright in the end, but I guess they will not have to wait too long to find out.  :taptaptap:  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I personally don't think the bump in grade for this particular book when it is still the highest graded copy either way will have any impact at all on the final price.  hm

My bet is that he will most likely lose big time money on this book since he grossly over paid in the first place on a relatively soft demand book, then threw unnecessary money to upgrade it, and finally brought it back to market way too soon.   :tonofbricks:

I certainly hope the consignor does alright in the end, but I guess they will not have to wait too long to find out.  :taptaptap:  :wishluck:

You’re probably right. I think the initial movie announcement may have propped up that first sale as a 9.4. That news has died down quite a bit though.

31 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

You’re probably right. I think the initial movie announcement may have propped up that first sale as a 9.4. That news has died down quite a bit though.

All I can say is that any short term speculator that pays a hefty premium due to movie hype on a GA book featuring a Tier 3 character that the general public has never heard of doesn't really understand how the GA comic book market works and is just asking for a big beatdown.  hm  :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

All I can say is that any short term speculator that pays a hefty premium due to movie hype on a GA book featuring a Tier 3 character that the general public has never heard of doesn't really understand how the GA comic book market works and is just asking for a big beatdown.  hm  :tonofbricks:

Yeah I usually go after Tier 6 characters who got small cameos in low budget horror films. Hasn’t worked out for me yet unfortunately.

Edited by LDarkseid1

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

My bet is that he will most likely lose big time money on this book since he grossly over paid in the first place on a relatively soft demand book, then threw unnecessary money to upgrade it, and finally brought it back to market way too soon.   

All of the various MH Blackhawk books have been recycled on Heritage so many times.  

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

9.6 bump It cannot hurt..its a great book...But 50K.....maybe

Edited by Mmehdy