• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,948 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Holy )(*))_()_(_!!!            $8k!!

underbidder again!

Not $8K. $9,300 with BP and over $10K once you figure tax. Crazy price for a 7.5 but it was a sweet looking 7.5.

$10,699,163.00 with one session to go.

My opinion is that the GA/SA market has held thru the most trying conditions and uncertainly. Overall outstanding results..the sky is NOT falling and as with every auction some great deals, some eyeball prices. Given the material...and some big items not selling this result is solid.

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:
On 3/6/2020 at 2:55 PM, Gotham Kid said:

not even close, try less than half

but still 1d bidding to go

Looks like those Tec 27 pages went for more than you thought.

No, I stated their bid price at the time of my post. I also stated 1 d left of bidding.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Doing better than most Action 1 Supe pages but a ways to go to catch page 1 and page 5 

No 27 page will ever catch up to AC1 pg5

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

My clear 2 favorites are the Famous Funnies 213 and 214 covers, so it will interesting to see where the CGC 7.5 graded copy of FF 213 finishes up at later this afternoon since it's already sitting at $3,720 with the BP juice right now.  hm  :taptaptap:

Holy )(*))_()_(_!!!            $8k!!

underbidder again!

Any bets that the winner of these 3 Frazetta Famous Funnies (i.e. FF 213 - FF215) just might be the same bidder and you have simply punsihed bid them and made them pay through the nose for these copies here. hm  :slapfight:

Especially with respect to this 7.5 graded copy of Famous Funnies 213 at the take home price of $9,600; especially considdring there are 9 copies graded higher.  :whatthe:

You might have just lucked out here since this possible outlier of a price just might draw more copies of this classic Frazetta cover book out into the marketplace and if you are patient enough, you just might hopefully be able to pick up an even nicer copy at a lower price point.  :taptaptap:  :wishluck:

Edited by lou_fine

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I think 15k A page for those specific pages is not unreasonable. 

The cover of Action 1 and page 5 is all Action 1 has going for it.:baiting:Tec 27 has a better cover and is a more popular Character by 1000000000x Tec 27 will pass Action 1 when the Dentist copy sells^^

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Doing better than most Action 1 Supe pages but a ways to go to catch page 1 and page 5 

Yeah I was sad about that lol. Was hoping I could snag one for $8K-$10K. To help complete my copy. Alas, was not meant to be 😔

Edited by LDarkseid1

4 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

W BP, $13k, $13k and $11k, roughly.

by contrast, I snagged a great tec 29 page with Batman in action in almost every panel for $500. It was page 2, I think

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/detective-comics-29-page-2-only-dc-1939-cgc/a/7224-96095.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

82CDE983-1528-475B-85F6-AD0B31862BE6.jpeg

30C00881-4464-481B-A42D-C3621B21B816.jpeg

I was thinking 12-20k  

But... Missing borders?? They looked super trimmed compared to The recent AC1 Page 5 Cover swipe at 28.5k 

So with more borders and less trimming would have done a bit better. But these are an outlier. The first time the Ac1 pages sold they were much lower. Ac1 page 5 sold for 16k 2016 and a off white one sold for 28.5k  2019

Still very solid showing for Tec 27 Batman Holy Grail pages in a tough auction and stock market correction.

Gorgeous TEC 29 Page!! A steal

Edited by zen514

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

No, I stated their bid price at the time of my post. I also stated 1 d left of bidding.

Oh because the guy asked if they would hammer at $11K or so and you said not even close, try half. So seemed like you were implying what they would finish at. My bad.

Edited by LDarkseid1

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

As per recent trends from the past couple of years, it clearly looks like the Frazetta Famous Funnies issues are really starting to differentiate in prices:  hm

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/science-fiction/famous-funnies-214-eastern-color-1954-cgc-nm-92-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7224-92040.s?ic16=ViewItem-Inventory-BuyNowFromOwner-JumpLot-081514

Golden Age (1938-1955):Science Fiction, Famous Funnies #214 (Eastern Color, 1954) CGC NM- 9.2 Cream to off-white pages....

As clearly evident by the fact that this absolutely gorgeous and eye-popping red moon cover :luhv: went for $7,800 while the 9.2 Famous Funnies 210 went for only $2,640 and the 9.0 Famous Funnies 215 sold for $5,520.  It would also appear that these prices had a lot to do with availablity in grade as both othe FF 214 and FF 215 shared in being the current highest graded copies while the FF 210 had an additional 14 copies in higher grade.  (thumbsu

It's all about availability in grade and the cover.

210 is one of the most common issues in high grade, and its cover is not one of Frazetta's better ones in this run.  214 on the other hand is impossible to find in high grade, as evidenced by the fact that this 9.2 copy is at the top of the census, and is one of the best, if not the best, covers in the run.