• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,077 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

It sure looks that way.............maybe the owner doesn't realize the JLA 21 just sold for $32,400 and the hopeful buyer is trying to pull a fast one over the owner.  :takeit: , the money, that is!!!  :flipbait:

Looks like the owner has a CGC label collector by the short hairs and I think he should definitely squeeze him as hard as he can and go for $30K+ on each of those highest graded books.  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

11 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

When I clicked onto these 2 links that you had posted here, the first thing that came to my mind was this book here and thinking that Anthony Chiofalo must have gotten out of the clinker early and back working with the Tandano Corporation once again:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/all-star-comics-3-billy-wright-pedigree-dc-1940-cgc-vf-85-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7054-91043.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, All Star Comics #3 Billy Wright pedigree (DC, 1940) CGC VF+ 8.5 Off-white to white pages....

Still remember this Billy Wright copy being auctioned off for $49K plus change and then the buyer flipping it off to Chiofalo for a mere $200K through the HA Make Offer To Owner Feature in only a week after the auction had closed.  Took a closer look at the 2 JLA listing and figured it couldn't be good old Tony at work again because he would never be that patient enough to wait 9 and 7 years respectively after the auctions had closed to make his purchases.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:  lol

On 3/7/2020 at 6:59 PM, lou_fine said:

Any bets that the winner of these 3 Frazetta Famous Funnies (i.e. FF 213 - FF215) just might be the same bidder and you have simply punsihed bid them and made them pay through the nose for these copies here. hm  :slapfight:

Especially with respect to this 7.5 graded copy of Famous Funnies 213 at the take home price of $9,600; especially considdring there are 9 copies graded higher.  :whatthe:

You might have just lucked out here since this possible outlier of a price just might draw more copies of this classic Frazetta cover book out into the marketplace and if you are patient enough, you just might hopefully be able to pick up an even nicer copy at a lower price point.  :taptaptap:  :wishluck:

They are not the same bidder. The person that won the 215 did not bid on the 214.

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:
On 3/7/2020 at 4:59 PM, lou_fine said:

Any bets that the winner of these 3 Frazetta Famous Funnies (i.e. FF 213 - FF215) just might be the same bidder and you have simply punsihed bid them and made them pay through the nose for these copies here. hm  :slapfight:

They are not the same bidder. The person that won the 215 did not bid on the 214.

Hey Richard;

Congrats on being able to win this CGC highest graded copy of Famous Funnies 215. :applause:  :baiting:

Are you now thinking of taking your copy of Famous Funnies 214 and trying to bump it up to become the single highest graded copy which should then pushed it into the 5-figure territory rather easily?  hm  :bigsmile:

2 hours ago, tth2 said:

:whatthe:

I need to check which highest grade JLAs I still own!

2 hours ago, tth2 said:

I thought these 2 JLA's were surely copies already owned by you and you just hit the jackpot.  :flipbait:

Did you forget to turn your "Make Crazy Offer to Owner" button on in your Heritage account?   doh!  lol

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Hey Richard;

Congrats on being able to win this CGC highest graded copy of Famous Funnies 215. :applause:  :baiting:

Are you now thinking of taking your copy of Famous Funnies 214 and trying to bump it up to become the single highest graded copy which should then pushed it into the 5-figure territory rather easily?  hm  :bigsmile:

I didn't win any of the Famous Funnies. 

On 3/5/2020 at 3:21 PM, lou_fine said:

Not sure about previous past sales, but I thought the restored Cap 3 seems to continue to motor along at something like 3.5X condition guide for a RESTORED copy: :applause:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Captain America Comics #3 (Timely, 1941) CGC Apparent VG 4.0 Slight (C-1) Cream to off-white pages....

On 3/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, dem1138 said:

The work on this seems easily removable so I could see the price reflecting that and this being in a blue label soon.

Though a savvy consigner, being savvy, would have already explored the idea of resto removal, yet for some reason decided it wasn't a good idea...

And even a blue label wouldn't fix the animal chew on the top right corner.

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I thought these 2 JLA's were surely copies already owned by you and you just hit the jackpot.  :flipbait:

Did you forget to turn your "Make Crazy Offer to Owner" button on in your Heritage account?   doh!  lol

Unfortunately I sold off most of my JLA collection several years ago. :sorry:

4 hours ago, tth2 said:

Well, did you use your money to put it back into some of your former Duck books, or did you expand your horizons to include turtles, aardvarks, and other forms of anthropomorphic animals?  :bigsmile:

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:
13 hours ago, tth2 said:

Well, did you use your money to put it back into some of your former Duck books, or did you expand your horizons to include turtles, aardvarks, and other forms of anthropomorphic animals?  :bigsmile:

Some I spent on hookers and blow.  The rest I wasted.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:04 PM, I am not Glenda said:

If you use these sales as a guide, then imho the Bound TEC 27 run volume on Ebay is a STEAL!

Just reach out to Bob if you're interested, I'm sure he still has it available. Probably just took it down for the time being since he wasn't getting any buyers. I know he was looking to get about what these unrestored pages sold for, for his trimmed pages if taken out of his book.

3 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Just reach out to Bob if you're interested, I'm sure he still has it available. Probably just took it down for the time being since he wasn't getting any buyers. I know he was looking to get about what these unrestored pages sold for, for his trimmed pages if taken out of his book.

Do you remember if it has the centerfold to Tec 27 ?  If anyone wants to go In On it I’ll lower your price by putting up CF $ for that page if available. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Do you remember if it has the centerfold to Tec 27 ?  If anyone wants to go In On it I’ll lower your price by putting up CF $ for that page if available. 

He does have a trimmed centerfold separately.

Edited by LDarkseid1