• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,948 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

As of now it appears that an 8.5 Mystery Men #3 has the same auction value as a 7.0 Captain America #3.

Or the contrarian way of viewing it is to wonder if the value of a Cap 3 has dropped down to the level of a Mystery Men 3?  lol  :takeit:

Sad for the bidders with the shallow pockets though as I doubt that will definitely not be the case by the time it's all said and done after one more sleep.  hm  :taptaptap:

7 hours ago, Black Captain said:

I guess we will see if everyone is waiting till the end, waiting till the next auction, or if the financial environment is having an impact. 

Most likely waiting till the end is my guess. But I wasn't too impressed with the offerings. Still found about a dozen books that I was either interested in or others that I would be buying for. Difference in grading criteria for sure. Removed the remaining 2 from my list and skipping this auction. 

8 hours ago, Black Captain said:

I guess we will see if everyone is waiting till the end, waiting till the next auction, or if the financial environment is having an impact. 

Well, being the contrarian again, do you mean with the stock markets either at a record high or near their record highs once again.  :whee:

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, being the contrarian again, do you mean with the Covid either at a record high or near the record highs once again.  :whee:

I think the virus may be having an impact (Either on bidding strategy, finances or both) but we won't have definitive evidence of all three of my queries on the status of comic book auction market until after the upcoming auctions at comiclink and comicconnect are completed in August. But, looking at the results of this current Heritage auction will give us some preliminary data to chew on at least.

15 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

As of now it appears that an 8.5 Mystery Men #3 has the same auction value as a 7.0 5.0 Captain America #3.

Another book that I just noticed that would be interesting to watch as part of a 3-book race would be this classic cover G/L Solomon Grundy cover here:  :luhv:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, All-American Comics #61 (DC, 1944) CGC FN+ 6.5 Off-white pages....

Absolutely love this classic cover book here and will be interesting to see how all 3 of these books finish up as they all have historically sold for mutiples to condition guide.  hm  :taptaptap:

Yes, that's why I struck it out and went with the 5.0 copy of Cap 3.  (thumbsu

Still a lot of room to go because even restored mid-grade copies of Cap 3 were hitting the $20K's in previous Heritage auctions.  hm  :taptaptap:

12 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

The Black Knight 1 went for a strong price I thought but don’t follow that market too closely

Seemed like crazy money to me, but I guess with the movie coming out . . .  It's hard for me to take the book seriously, but I guess I'm in a minority