• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,948 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, the quality of the pedigree desigantion always makes a hugh differencce and you really can't get much better than a Church copy.  :takeit:

The copy that sold for $38K back in 2012 was the Billy Wright copy when all of those books sold for big time money, but unfortunately most of those BW copies ended up selling for much less when brought back to market right afterwards.  :tonofbricks:

I believe the result for the Church copy on this go-round will also be strongly influenced by the census population count here.  The first time that this Church copy sold back in 2007, it was the highest graded copy at a CGC 9.4 graded condition level and tied with 2 other copies.  Looks like the population count has now doubled with 5 other copies with thie same CGC 9.4 grade plus another new single highest graded copy at a CGC 9.6 graded condition level.  hm

I wonder if this book will end up in a certain tall spicy texan's comic box hm

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, the quality of the pedigree desigantion always makes a hugh differencce and you really can't get much better than a Church copy.  :takeit:

The copy that sold for $38K back in 2012 was the Billy Wright copy when all of those books sold for big time money, but unfortunately most of those BW copies ended up selling for much less when brought back to market right afterwards.  :tonofbricks:

I believe the result for the Church copy on this go-round will also be strongly influenced by the census population count here.  The first time that this Church copy sold back in 2007, it was the highest graded copy at a CGC 9.4 graded condition level and tied with 2 other copies.  Looks like the population count has now doubled with 5 other copies with thie same CGC 9.4 grade plus another new single highest graded copy at a CGC 9.6 graded condition level.  hm

..when they they were flipped shortly after, yes, the results were diminished.

But 8 years later, many of the Billy Wrights I have seen auctioned recently are bringing in higher prices than when auctioned off originally.  

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

For those of you who are cautious of Heritage's scans here is a comparison from...

The first image is Heritage's scan. The second image the book scanned here yesterday, and the group shot was posted yesterday.

The colors are correct. The contrast is slightly enhanced on Heritage, though within reason in my opinion. I think the book is correctly represented.

Here's what it looked like pre-slabbing.  It had superb eye appeal and colors typical of the best of the Northfords.

My experience is that if the book is spectacular example then you will still be happy when it arrives in person.  If it isn't, you might not be.

Ghost2.jpg

this is in the weekly, was wondering if people think that it has shifted in the case? it seems crooked and then the right edge made me wonder and youse guyz is the ones to ask

22602823%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

I say WOW either way though, 1947 and a beautiful book 70+ years later.

1 hour ago, szav said:

It really is a shame that we cant ask the cover artist if this was truly intended...I mean, it had to be right?

Not necessarily. Those were more innocent times. A man hiding under a desk with his face just about touching the knee of another man was just another game of hide and seek.

1 minute ago, comicnoir said:

Not necessarily. Those were more innocent times. A man hiding under a desk with his face just about touching the knee of another man was just another game of hide and seek.

Yeah but who is hiding what and who is trying to find it?

Not sure if Hitler is pissed cause the heroes arrived or that he was interrupted. Now there's something you don't see on the History Channel. lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

6 hours ago, comicnoir said:

This’ll be fun to watch.  When a 7.0 goes for 12.5k ... what does the OA even go for?  I can’t even hazard a guess on this one.

I haven’t seen much uber GA OA go to auction In recent years ... but the last time I saw something I though that would go over 100k was the cover to Planet 1 in the Berk auction, and I remember thinking it went low.  Doesn’t seem to be near the same level of interest in GA as SA original art.