• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

Just now, lou_fine said:

You need to put your funny cap on this morning as you seem to be missing the ongoing scarasm from both Sean and myself with respect to the relative Overstreet prices on books such as Bat 1, Cap 1, and AA 16.  :gossip:

Oh, my apologies. I see it now. Actually, that WAS funny

8 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I don’t think that’s right. The 2.0 Cap 1 final hammer, with BP, was $90k. The 2.5 Bat 1 was $102k. The 3.5 AA 16 was $72k

I bought that aa16 raw from a friend in 2009...he graded it a 2.5 due to silver fish damage...I remember when we sent to cgc and it got a 3.5 I paid him another 5K after the fact... traded it to Verzyl at nycc 2010 for those Mile High Zips I had...ah, to go back in time...

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Please don't let Tec 38 come anywhere close to Tec 29 or we'll be hearing from @Chicago Boy for a month ! lol

Well, at least the 'Tec 38 is from one of the long recognized and estsblished GA pedigrees in terms of the Larson while the earlier and harder to find 'Tec 29 is not.  hm

Looks like somebody must have made a lot of money on the Larson 'Tec at $86,400 as it first sold for $11,500 back in 2002 and then resold for $16,100 in 2005.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

6 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Action 7 did okay, not a heck of a lot above when it sold on CC a few years ago.  Book just too expensive now?

Maybe. I thought about that. But I think it will always have a special wild card value due to it being used as an exhibit in the lawsuit between dc and fawcett

7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Must be showing my age. It was a saying in Ohio in the 60’s, meaning something is getting badly beaten. I haven’t used that expression in 30 years and have no idea why now. I’ll put it down to shock re: 50th OPG golden age ranking  :insane:

Solid expression.  Remember using it in the 5th grade.  Kid named Vince was bugging me.  I told him I was going to make “ vincemeat” out of him.  Chicago Boy bringing home the funny even as a wee lad. 

17 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Maybe. I thought about that. But I think it will always have a special wild card value due to it being used as an exhibit in the lawsuit between dc and fawcett

My fave book in the auction for that  reason. Would’ve meant more to me if it was involved in the captain marvel dispute

29 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Action 7 did okay, not a heck of a lot above when it sold on CC a few years ago.  Book just too expensive now?

Does anybody every hold onto their books anymore, or is it only collectors/dealers like Pat with his now officially and newest CGC recognized Chinatown pedigree which he has held onto for more than 2 decades and still counting.  :cloud9:  :takeit: :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

44 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I bought that aa16 raw from a friend in 2009...he graded it a 2.5 due to silver fish damage...I remember when we sent to cgc and it got a 3.5 I paid him another 5K after the fact... traded it to Verzyl at nycc 2010 for those Mile High Zips I had...ah, to go back in time...

Gator, that's a cool memory.  I'll bet most of the really great books have passed thru your hands at one time or another

15 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Gator, that's a cool memory.  I'll bet most of the really great books have passed thru your hands at one time or another

some have, most have not...

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:
16 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

some have, most have not...

So you still have most of them?

Just now, lou_fine said:

Richard;

I believe this comment would apply much more to you.............you, hoarder, you!!!  :baiting:

:acclaim:

13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Just watching the live auction on some of these Batman books and it looks like this auctioneer of theirs is doing a pretty good job at getting bidders to keep throwing in some additional last minute bids.  (thumbsu

I thought all the Batman’s did really well. Super surprised by the Batman 11, stronger than I expected.  The Batman 47 was maybe the weakest in my opinion

interesting you say that Lou, cause the hard sell just grates at me... however, yeah, this laid back guy seems to want to go to the next lot too quickly.  So I suppose that the energetic "give me more!" approach might spur most of us who are only too happy to not have to push out another bid!  

Looks like this copy of 'Tec 31 just can't seem to get past the $43K to $44K price point:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/detective-comics-31-dc-1939-cgc-fr-10-off-white-pages/a/7234-92042.s

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Detective Comics #31 (DC, 1939) CGC FR 1.0 Off-white pages....

Sold once again for $43,200 as compared to its previous sale price of $43,505 back in 2016 and once again for $44K in 2017 with both of these on the CC auction website.  (thumbsu