• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,074 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

And let’s not forget it’s the Commando Cubs we are talking about here . . . 

Talking about Commandos, I though Boy Commandos had been pretty much of a dead S&K title, but this copy here did quite well finishing up at $9,600:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/war/boy-commandos-2-mile-high-pedigree-dc-1943-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/a/7234-92031.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Golden Age (1938-1955):War, Boy Commandos #2 Mile High Pedigree (DC, 1943) CGC NM 9.4 White pages....

Once again, another highest graded (or tied for) Church Hitler cover, but then again, it's a Boy Commandos book.  :applause:

So, if this current comic book marketplace is so red hot as evident by some of these prices which we have been seeing lately, maybe even the long dead Fawcetts might be resuscitated and be able to come out of their multi decades long coma.  :wishluck:

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Talking about Commandos, I though Boy Commandos had been pretty much of a dead S&K title, but this copy here did quite well finishing up at $9,600:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/war/boy-commandos-2-mile-high-pedigree-dc-1943-cgc-nm-94-white-pages/a/7234-92031.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Golden Age (1938-1955):War, Boy Commandos #2 Mile High Pedigree (DC, 1943) CGC NM 9.4 White pages....

Once again, another highest graded (or tied for) Church Hitler cover, but then again, it's a Boy Commandos book.  :applause:

So, if this current comic book marketplace is so red hot as evident by some of these prices which we have been seeing lately, maybe even the long dead Fawcetts might be resuscitated and be able to come out of their multi decades long coma.  :wishluck:

Congratulations to the consignor.  Looks like he did very well with these high grade Hitler covers.

Church copies = HOT!  Hitler covers = HOT!

Church copies + Hitler covers = SURFACE OF THE SUN!

20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Does anybody every hold onto their books anymore, or is it only collectors/dealers like Pat with his now officially and newest CGC recognized Chinatown pedigree which he has held onto for more than 2 decades and still counting.  :cloud9:  :takeit: :taptaptap:

Amazingly, in a few more years I'll have some slabbed books that I'll have owned for a couple of decades. 

Where does the time go?

2 hours ago, nearmint said:

Not a golden Age book, but I was impressed by the Western Penn Brave & the Bold #54 CGC 9.6 selling for $21,600, doubling the hammer price on the Don & Maggie copy three years ago. 

That was nuts.

4 hours ago, walclark said:

Congratulations to the consignor.  Looks like he did very well with these high grade Hitler covers.

Church copies = HOT!  Hitler covers = HOT!

Church copies + Hitler covers = SURFACE OF THE SUN!

You are most definitely right as I assume it must get pretty roasty HOT on the surface of the sun there.  lol

Similar in vein to the Thrilling 41 Hitler cover, probably one of my favorites have always been America's Best #7 with Hitler and his gang hiding under the desk.  :luhv:

Here's a picture of another funny Hitler cover that's not seen as often and one that I was hoping to acquire one day given it's more affordable relatively lower graded condition, but it would be much easier to get blood from a stone:

image.thumb.png.1a2d42d947796058b0ac4dc8f1e84bfe.png

Edited by lou_fine

Looks like my way over condition guide bid of $1,800 lol :takeit: wasn't enough to snag this supposedly scarce copy of Negro Romance 4 which sold for $6,600:  :(

Golden Age (1938-1955):Romance, Negro Romances #4 (Charlton, 1955) CGC VF- 7.5 Cream to off-white pages....

I would have bidded higher (but still would have lost), but this copy here didn't present as nice as the CGC 7.0 graded copy which sold for $6,572.50 late last year.  :whatthe:

Edited by lou_fine

24 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like my way over condition guide bid of $1,800 lol :takeit: wasn't enough to snag this supposedly scarce copy of Negro Romance 4 which sold for $6,600:  :(

Golden Age (1938-1955):Romance, Negro Romances #4 (Charlton, 1955) CGC VF- 7.5 Cream to off-white pages....

I would have bidded higher (but still would have lost), but this copy here didn't present as nice as the CGC 7.0 graded copy which sold for $6,572.50 late last year.  :whatthe:

We don’t know who the cover artist is?

23 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

We don’t know who the cover artist is?

No.   My best guess is Stan Campbell, but don't quote me.

12 minutes ago, buttock said:
23 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

No.   My best guess is Stan Campbell, but don't quote me.

:baiting:

And for doing that you are, perhaps, a scoundrel of the worst sort. >:(

Perspective -

The Chamber of Chills cover art went for $174,000 while an unopened box of first series Pokemon Cards went for $198,000

We are amazed at some of the strong prices for single highest grade Church Hitler covers when only a few of them sold for more than either a 9.8 sig series Albedo #2 at $28,800 or a 9.9 Avatar Goon #1 also at $28,800.

Edited by MrBedrock

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

Perspective -

The Chamber of Chills cover art went for $174,000 while an unopened box of first series Pokemon Cards went for $198,000

We are amazed at some of the strong prices for single highest grade Church Hitler covers when only a few of them sold for more than either a 9.8 sig series Albedo #2 at $28,800 or a 9.9 Avatar Goon #1 also at $28,800.

or the 181 9.8 @ 49.2K (the more 9.8s get graded the higher the prices go)

Edited by Gotham Kid

5 hours ago, tth2 said:

Amazingly, in a few more years I'll have some slabbed books that I'll have owned for a couple of decades.

Is that even legal?

Only unslabbed items are allowed to be buried. Slabbed books must be released back into the wild to be flipped in perpetuity.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:57 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Strong price for Cap 1, weak price for Bat 1.  All a function of eye appeal. Cap had the better of it

Looks like someone agreed on the Batman #1 and the buyer made an immediate flip with HA at 132k - no time to even ship it out to the original buyer.  The original buyer gets sent a check for the difference instead.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-gd-25-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7234-91033.s?ic19=MotoOffers-ItemDescription-041718

18 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

Looks like someone agreed on the Batman #1 and the buyer made an immediate flip with HA at 132k - no time to even ship it out to the original buyer.  The original buyer gets sent a check for the difference instead.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-gd-25-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7234-91033.s?ic19=MotoOffers-ItemDescription-041718

Good eye dem1138.

but something is amiss. It’s says “sale pending”

14064D96-F2AB-47D1-9F7B-7D7E917AF80E.png