• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

I was able to grab a snippet from CGCs grading algorithm

switch (BookTitleAndIssue)
{
     case Detective27:
     grade = grade + 0.5;

case Action1:
     grade = grade + 1.0;

case AnyCaptainMarvels: 
     grade = "who really cares";

default:
     grade = grade;

}
Edited by batman_fan

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I wud have said 800-875 k if gator wasn’t offered 800k for his and Adams 5.0.  Msybe I should have stuck with my original thought 

With the US government dumping 3 trillion dollars into our economy, GA/SA buyers are probably spilt with those who got funds, the haves vs those  have nots who who face possible business closure or job elimination. I think 800K including BP is very realistic...in normal times given the  GA mega key appreciation  rate and upcoming  Batman movie ( which looks great) I think it would be 900K with BP. 

Edited by Mmehdy

I have a few things in next weeks HA, mostly SA but a few not too rare but just out of my ability to grade and price GA. Many I have spoken about here and then get a bunch of PMs with disparate offers that paralyze me, so I went with HA. Sad thing is that they are very behind on raw comics so some things I have no idea when to expect (mid grade Boys Ranch 1-6 among them) and the slabs are this week (mostly).

So look to next weeks HA for lower grade slabs of Rangers 5 (3.0) & 27 (4.0) and Archie 7 (1.5 badly torn up BC now taped) & 8 (0.5 one page missing, so sad) if you are interested. I believe that I took back cover scans before shipping so I can look for those if necessary, just PM me.

20 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Larson Detective 36 was just posted.  No picture yet but it is restored, moderate.  Still, its a pre-Robin Detective :luhv:

Yes, it would definitely be interesting and enlightening to see this book since it's listed as being only a CGC 6.5 F+ apprent graded copy with Moderate restoration.  :taptaptap:

Especially in light of the fact this the Larson 'Tec 36 was listed as being a NM copy with a dark stain on the inside spine when graded by Joe Tricarichi in his Larson List from way back in 1975.  Makes me wonder how much the grading standards might have changed with respect to certain types of defects or is it possible that some collector along the way ended up damaging the book while in their possession.  hm  (shrug)

5 hours ago, batman_fan said:
6 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Who wud  restore a Larson copy  ? 

Based on when the collection was found restoration wasn’t as heavily frowned on. 

Yes, but the question is why would you need to do that amount of restoration on a book like 'Tec 36 that was already graded by Joe Tricarichi to be a NM copy except for the dark stain on the inside spine of the cover?  ???

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, but the question is why would you need to do that amount of restoration on a book like 'Tec 36 that was already graded by Joe Tricarichi to be a NM copy except for the dark stain on the inside spine of the cover?  ???

Based on the notes, could either be a missing chunk from the book that got replaced and rusty staples replaced (which drove cleaning the cover).

All of the Detective Comics post issue 38, and possibly also the Batman books, belong to that guy that his collection stolen in Florida (kept everything in some flimsy storage) then had his collection recovered by the cops several months later.

33 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

All of the Detective Comics post issue 38, and possibly also the Batman books, belong to that guy that his collection stolen in Florida (kept everything in some flimsy storage) then had his collection recovered by the cops several months later.

You think he is auctioning off everything he has?  Seems like Batman’s keep showing up