• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,074 posts in this topic

On 9/10/2020 at 8:01 PM, skypinkblu said:

I have a beautiful although not terribly high  grade Mile High Wonder Woman that I got from GAtor a long time ago, I've been looking for a Mile High Sensation for a long time. I finally found one:)

lf?set=path[2/2/6/4/7/22647221]&call=url[file:product.chain]

So I finally got my book...does anyone else see this scratch on the cover in the above picture? That is the one I was bidding on. Because I don't see it in the picture. They told me they were going to check. That's after a few weeks of not mailing it because they decided I was waiting to combine shipping? 

I'm not thrilled with their pictures right now or their service :(

I called them before posting this. They wanted me to take pictures so they could "compare them" with the auction, so I wanted another opinion before they get back to me.

1287476673_heritagesensationscratch(4).thumb.jpg.77eb14474f04ed244c19cdf60a5b3cc3.jpg

9 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

So I finally got my book...does anyone else see this scratch on the cover in the above picture? That is the one I was bidding on. Because I don't see it in the picture. They told me they were going to check. That's after a few weeks of not mailing it because they decided I was waiting to combine shipping? 

I called them before posting this. They wanted me to take pictures so they could "compare them" with the auction, so I wanted another opinion before they get back to me.

1287476673_heritagesensationscratch(4).thumb.jpg.77eb14474f04ed244c19cdf60a5b3cc3.jpg

Honestly it’s subtle, but I think I see it in the auction photo. Hate to say it but it appears to be there. But I will say they certainly didn’t make it obvious.

094306A0-7191-410F-8084-1435F22F5AE0.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Sharon, I can see it on the auction site photo, but only if I zoom in on my tablet.  I wouldn't see it unless I knew what to look for though.  I know a lot of boardies will mention case damage/scratches in listings and feel this is a good business practice.  Auction houses should follow suit and I'm sorry this happened to you.  It's always a bummer to get a nice book like that only to find the case is damaged. 

Thanks, Troy and Darkside, I'll see what they say. I can see a tiny bit now that you guys showed me where to look, but I think the picture was lightened a lot.

The problem with having it reholdered is that I had a book damaged when I had the Newton Ring ones reholdered, so I'm really reluctant to try that.

9 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Thanks, Troy and Darkside, I'll see what they say. I can see a tiny bit now that you guys showed me where to look, but I think the picture was lightened a lot.

The problem with having it reholdered is that I had a book damaged when I had the Newton Ring ones reholdered, so I'm really reluctant to try that.

Well good luck either way! Definitely a gorgeous book and unfortunate that the scratch leans into an area of the book itself. I definitely get how that can make it a bit of an eyesore, where as if it was maybe just on the label wouldn't be as big of a deal. Still annoying though lol.

It seems to me that it would be a good practice for auciton houses to point out damage to the slabs.

That is NOT a minor scratch, but a significant scuff that is, at best, extremely difficult to detect in the action photo.

Sorry this happened to you, Sharon.  As impatient as I am, it would bother me to have to send it in for a new slab and be without my book for that long.

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

It would be a shame to have to return such a beautiful book because of a one inch scuff on the holder.

You inspired me to measure it. It's actually 1.75", and impossible to miss in person, first thing I saw when I opened the package...I will see what they say tomorrow. 

I hope I was not supposed to see it in the picture.

To add insult to injury, it looks like my password was compromised when I signed in on that site today, so if you have been visiting HA, check your passwords. I mentioned it to the very helpful person on the phone, but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about, so it's probably not reported.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

You inspired me to measure it. It's actually 1.75", and impossible to miss in person, first thing I saw when I opened the package...I will see what they say tomorrow. 

To add insult to injury, it looks like my password was compromised when I signed in on that site today, so if you have been visiting HA, check your passwords. I mentioned it to the very helpful person on the phone, but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about, so it's probably not reported.

I wouldn't have noticed the scuff if you didn't point it out. 

They should disclose scuff marks on the case in the auction description.  At least the comic doesn't look damaged.

Let us know what HA says. 

Beautiful book by the way! 

4 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I agree with @MrBedrock, that it would be a shame to have to send it back. 

You should probably just mail it to me and I will try not to let the scuff bother me too much.

That is one great looking book, Sharon.  Congrats.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I didn't own the book but the consignor had it listed on my site for at least four years prior to having it sent to Heritage...and it had been in my possession all that time. The scuff has always been there. I am sorry to say that I never felt the need to mention it either. I guess I need to rethink that.

55 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I didn't own the book but the consignor had it listed on my site for at least four years prior to having it sent to Heritage...and it had been in my possession all that time. The scuff has always been there. I am sorry to say that I never felt the need to mention it either. I guess I need to rethink that.

I'm guessing that in your pictures it showed, so you wouldn't have to. If it were a low grade less special book, I wouldn't care. If I hadn't had a problem with a book being reholdered, I'd just send it in, but they knocked a corner off my Wonder Woman 50 so I don't want to take that chance. 

It's good to know the scratch was there before, they were asking me questions that would make it seem like a shipping accident. I didn't think it was. I'll see what they suggest tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

It's good to know the scratch was there before, they were asking me questions that would make it seem like a shipping accident. I didn't think it was. I'll see what they suggest tomorrow.

What would you like them to do?

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:
4 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

What would you like them to do?

I believe a full credit refund would be appropriate combined with Sharon not having to return it back to HA as she has already gone through enough stress with this whole unfortunate situation that she should not have to endure any more.  :devil: