• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, buttock said:

And to add a bit to Tim's comment, I have detailed instructions left for my heirs about what to do with my collection and how to do it. 

Yep, same here.

I get Sharon not liking her case - that’s her right.   But it’s an easy fix, surely.   Send it in for reholdering.   Whether Sharon pays for it or heritage pays for it is a discussion between those two parties.    Richard said nothing that wasn’t either true or reflective of what appears to be his own opinion.    Less than zero of what he said is sexist.     It’s appalling that someone would even suggest that based on what he did in fact say.    Disagreeing with a woman is not sexist.   And if it is then surely disagreeing with a man is sexist.   At which point everyone on planet earth is sexist as soon as they disagree with anyone about anything ever :blush:

Edited by Bronty

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

I get Sharon not liking her case - that’s her right.   But it’s an easy fix, surely.   Send it in for reholdering.   Whether Sharon pays for it or heritage pays for it is a discussion between those two parties.    Richard said nothing that wasn’t either true or reflective of what appears to be his own opinion.    Less than zero of what he said is sexist.     It’s appalling that someone would even suggest that based on what he did in fact say.    Disagreeing with a woman is not sexist.   And if it is then surely disagreeing with a man is sexist.   At which point everyone on planet earth is sexist as soon as they disagree with anyone about anything ever :blush:

I disagree. 

8 hours ago, Bronty said:

Yes, men can be the victim of sexism.  I know that, I've not only stood up for male co-workers who were the victim of sexism,  it's also why I've walked out of quite a few "feminist" type meetings, I'm not a feminist, I believe in equality. I don't think any group is superior. 

Actually, to me, this  had nothing to do with any "disagreement" because he was imagining what I wanted to do. All I did was ask a question.   There was actually nothing to disagree with, I didn't know what I was going to do, that's what I said.

This is the sentence that I felt was sexist "And because you are Sharon, loved by all, you get a pass. " nothing to do with anything else. I don't use that term lightly, as a matter of fact, I'd be hard pressed to remember ever saying it here. I'm not sure I've ever said it to anyone, other than in joking around or in passing...maybe, but it's sure not an every day or even every 5 year thing for me.

If someone can point out a time when the sentence I posted above was used in regard to a male here, I'll withdraw my statement.

If no one can, I'll withdraw it anyway, because it really doesn't matter.  Just say it was not necessary and it felt like I was being   pressured. You COULD call that bullying instead, but I'd hate to use that term, it's worse to me, than "sexist". When you don't get an answer and you keep asking while making not so nice remarks, what do you call that? 

A friend who was talking to me the other night (when I was pretty upset) said..."you hate conflict, you always try to avoid it".

He's correct, I don't like conflict,  so there really isn't a reason to keep answering except  when someone who never pmed me and asked says something like this "It’s appalling that someone would even suggest that based on what he did in fact say." 

Maybe what was said was "appalling" to me? 

I wasn't going to answer again, but honestly, I didn't want to leave that statement unanswered.

I have returned one cgc'd book to an auction house with a damaged case, it was cracked, it was comic link, they answered right away and had it reholdered for me, that was a few years ago. Other than that, I've never even considered it. So  the issue made zero sense to me. 

Anyway, stay safe and I hope this is finished.

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:
9 hours ago, tth2 said:

Yep, same here.

“...and all the fawcetts go to straw-man, because i didn’t honor the promised dibs on cmj 2, vancouver, even tho he won it at auction anyway.”

:sorry:You're going to guilt me forever! lol

Anyways, ain't got no more Fawcetts! :frown:

6 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

"And because you are Sharon, loved by all, you get a pass. 

If someone can point out a time when the sentence I posted above was used in regard to a male here, I'll withdraw my statement.

I'm pretty sure "And because you are Tim, loved by all, you get a pass." has never been said on these Boards, but dammit, it should've been! 

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:
  1. Yes, men can be the victim of sexism.  I know that, I've not only stood up for male co-workers who were the victim of sexism,  it's also why I've walked out of quite a few "feminist" type meetings, I'm not a feminist, I believe in equality. I don't think any group is superior. 
  2. Actually, to me, this  had nothing to do with any "disagreement" because he was imagining what I wanted to do. All I did was ask a question.   There was actually nothing to disagree with, I didn't know what I was going to do, that's what I said.
  3. This is the sentence that I felt was sexist "And because you are Sharon, loved by all, you get a pass. " nothing to do with anything else. I don't use that term lightly, as a matter of fact, I'd be hard pressed to remember ever saying it here. I'm not sure I've ever said it to anyone, other than in joking around or in passing...maybe, but it's sure not an every day or even every 5 year thing for me.
  4. If someone can point out a time when the sentence I posted above was used in regard to a male here, I'll withdraw my statement.
  5. If no one can, I'll withdraw it anyway, because it really doesn't matter.  Just say it was not necessary and it felt like I was being   pressured. You COULD call that bullying instead, but I'd hate to use that term, it's worse to me, than "sexist". When you don't get an answer and you keep asking while making not so nice remarks, what do you call that? 
  6. A friend who was talking to me the other night (when I was pretty upset) said..."you hate conflict, you always try to avoid it".
  7. He's correct, I don't like conflict,  so there really isn't a reason to keep answering except  when someone who never pmed me and asked says something like this "It’s appalling that someone would even suggest that based on what he did in fact say." 
  8.   Maybe what was said was "appalling" to me? 
  10. I wasn't going to answer again, but honestly, I didn't want to leave that statement unanswered.
  11. I have returned one cgc'd book to an auction house with a damaged case, it was cracked, it was comic link, they answered right away and had it reholdered for me, that was a few years ago. Other than that, I've never even considered it. So  the issue made zero sense to me. 
  12. Anyway, stay safe and I hope this is finished.

And I think the fact that he treated you equally is why he was accused of being sexist.  I think he said to you what he would have said to anyone, and you didn’t like it.   We’ll agree to disagree.   

Edited by Bronty

3 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I have a final update.  Heritage has still never responded to  me directly in response to the phone calls or emails, but a very kind anonymous boarder contacted Ed Jaster and showed him my cell photo of the corner of the case. Ed compared it to their online picture and said the auction scan was not representative of the book.  He offered 3 options regarding having it reholdered. All were fair, I'm accepting one and I will try Heritage again. 

If they had answered me initially we'd have had less pages here;) but I'm satisfied as to the solution, happy to keep the book, but most happy that they agreed about the scan not being representative of the book.

So all is well.

Thanks for all the input, but especially  thank you  to the anonymous kind soul.

:golfclap:

I have a final update.  Heritage has still never responded to  me directly in response to the phone calls or emails, but a very kind anonymous boarder contacted Ed Jaster and showed him my cell photo of the corner of the case. Ed compared it to their online picture and said the auction scan was not representative of the book.  He offered 3 options regarding having it reholdered. All were fair, I'm accepting one and I will try Heritage again. 

If they had answered me initially we'd have had less pages here;) but I'm satisfied as to the solution, happy to keep the book, but most happy that they agreed about the scan not being representative of the book.

So all is well.

Thanks for all the input, but especially  thank you  to the anonymous kind soul.

That's great !

So all is well.

Well at least someone is going to crack it out... :shy:

The batlle of the tanned front cover copies.  I think the 29 will have a higher sale price, but by a hair.  I've had multiple opportunities in the past to buy that Tec 31 but that ugly dust shadow was and still is a big turn off for me and not a fan of writing that obscures from the cover art.