• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
5 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

The batlle of the tanned front cover copies.  I think the 29 will have a higher sale price, but by a hair. 

I think both will hit 100k but the 31 will win the race

4 hours ago, Bat34 said:

+1

-1  :baiting:

When it comes to a battle between equivalent graded copies of 'Tec 29 and 'Tec 31 with the same PQ, I guess it's really a case of to each their own. (thumbsu

And in my case, it would be 'Tec 29 since not only is it an earlier and relatively much rarer book as compared to 'Tec 31, I also tend to prefer the more detailed Batman in motion cover over the more classic Batman over the castle poster cover.  In this particular case with these two copies here, I also think the 'Tec 29 seems to present nicer relative to its assigned 5.0 grade as compared to the 'Tec 31.  hm

Either way, you can't go wrong with either books, so why not just go for both of them.  :bigsmile:  :luhv:   :luhv:

9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
9 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

The batlle of the tanned front cover copies.  I think the 29 will have a higher sale price, but by a hair. 

I think both will hit 100k but the 31 will win the race

Not necessarily so in the case of the 'Tec 29 at least.  (shrug)

Especially since this superior looking copy and slightly higher CGC 5.5 graded copy here managed to fetch only $102K just a short month ago at HA:  :cloud9:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/detective-comics-29-dc-1939-cgc-fn-55-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7234-91038.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Inventory-BuyNowFromOwner-ThisAuction-120115

lf?set=path%5B2%2F2%2F6%2F5%2F1%2F22651198%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Yes, you're right ! Forgot that one. (thumbsu

Was making a comparison to this one rather.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-29-dc-1939-cgc-vg-fn-50-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7187-91072.s?ic4=ListView-Thumbnail-071515#

17568993%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

No

det1.9808a.jpg

Man, that is a thing of beauty! Wonder what it would sell for. Seems an 8.0 is in the $200K+
range likely with 4 in grade and only 3 higher.

1AE1F163-EFCD-45DD-BAB3-185288B86D3C.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

7 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Man, that is a thing of beauty! Wonder what it would sell for.

Today likely more than it did a couple years ago, or not. Who knows.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/756464]

Edited by Gotham Kid

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Today likely more than it did a couple years ago, or not. Who knows.

With that kind of willingness to make bold predictions, you should start posting in the $500 Gold thread! :baiting:

12 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Coming up in December :luhv:

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 5.32.53 PM.png

Geez, I can remember a time when anti-Robin sentiment was running at its strongest and collectors were treating Tec 38 like toxic waste.  

4 hours ago, tth2 said:

Geez, I can remember a time when anti-Robin sentiment was running at its strongest and collectors were treating Tec 38 like toxic waste.  

Tec 38 should be lumped In with Tec 27-37. There’s everything before 39 and then there’s 39 and after. 

5 hours ago, tth2 said:

Yes, that was pretty much the case until some lucky consignor managed to time the auction perfectly and sold this undergraded looking copy for just over $54K or at 4.5X condition guide back in the spring of 2017 when there was only 1 other nice pre-Robin 'Tec book in that particular CC Auction:  :whatthe:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/676931

det1.13714a.jpg

Edited by lou_fine

Noticing a new format shift for HA - and most welcome.  They're now posting a back cover scan on all single lots, no matter the worth of the book. 

Also, the raw lots that are three and more books have a different visual spacing than before.  They used to be all jammed up on each other, you could see the first one but not the other two.  Ridiculous.  That's changed for the better, see below.

Silver Age (1956-1969):Superhero, Doctor Strange Group of 20 (Marvel, 1968-82) Condition: Average FN.... (Total: 20 Comic Books)