• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,074 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Aman619 said:

anyone recall what the history is of the stamped "Sample Copy" is?  The Tea 58 has the stamp above the logo.  Its faint, I only noticed it zooming in on the scan.  I think we have discussed this before but cant recall the answer, if it was determined.  thanks

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 2.55.46 PM.png

Since no one else has chimed in I’ll venture a guess that it was a stamp used by distributors for salesman samples?  Other thought it’s a DC file copy?  Would CGC downgrade because of it?

1 hour ago, MasterChief said:

Seldom have I seen the universal after grade exceed that of the restored before grade.

Subject book appears to have undergone a fair amount of invasive removal work...

12797646%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

23075128%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

:whatthe: Holy hell! Sure does look like the same book. How can pieces added disappear without negatively affecting the grade? 

I was planning on bidding on this one, but now? :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Certainly is a head scratcher that removing the color touch resulted in a grade bump even if the color touch work is a C grade :whatthe:

And they removed the cover reinforcement and the tear seals and removed the pieces added to the cover ... and the grade went up??

Never seen anything like it. Not to say that it hasn't happened and passed through unremarked. Major kudos to @MasterChief

Just now, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
34 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

What other shenanigans have been going on while I've been away from the boards? Can't I leave you people alone without all hell breaking out? :taptaptap:

Where you been?! We thought you left us for stamp collecting!

I did, but then one of my kids decided to mail out a bunch of Christmas cards and ... too painful to think about! :cry:

18 minutes ago, buttock said:
26 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Gift grades on these scrape jobs equals more business for CGC.  

hulk 1 scraped.jpg

I saw that book in person at a dealer's table and couldn't believe it. 

Yikes! That is bad. I guess I like to believe that CCS being part of CGC hasn't led to conflicts of interest but ....

31 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:
38 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

What other shenanigans have been going on while I've been away from the boards? Can't I leave you people alone without all hell breaking out? :taptaptap:

Definitely missed your sage insights!

My parsley ones are even better! :acclaim:

59 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Gift grades on these scrape jobs equals more business for CGC.  

hulk 1 scraped.jpg

It’s a nice book but for me knowing the inhumanity of those knives cutting and cutting ... I would only see the scars. Here’s the funny thing, doesn’t purposefully removing paper from the interior of a comic book necessitate a green label?