• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2020 at 2:22 AM, Crowzilla said:

Not that I would be interested in any of those 3 at those prices, but if I had to pick one it would probably be the Batman 181.

I would definitely rather have the Frazetta, although I wouldn't (and didn't) pay $93k for it.

Interesting to note that there were 2 reasonably nice copies of Police Comics 1 that sold for pretty strong prices in the just completed Heritage Auction:  :luhv:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Police Comics #1 (Quality, 1941) CGC FN+ 6.5 Off-white pages....

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Police Comics #1 Harold Curtis Pedigree (Quality, 1941) CGC VG/FN 5.0 Off-white pages....

Found it a bit surprising though that although the CGC 5.0 graded copy sold for $8,400 on Saturday, the decidedly higher graded 6.5 copy sold for only $600 more at $9,000 a couple days earlier during the Thursday main portion of the auction.  hm  :whatthe:

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Interesting to note that there were 2 reasonably nice copies of Police Comics 1 that sold for pretty strong prices in the just completed Heritage Auction:  :luhv:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Police Comics #1 (Quality, 1941) CGC FN+ 6.5 Off-white pages....

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Police Comics #1 Harold Curtis Pedigree (Quality, 1941) CGC VG/FN 5.0 Off-white pages....

Found it a bit surprising though that although the CGC 5.0 graded copy sold for $8,400 on Saturday, the decidedly higher graded 6.5 copy sold for only $600 more at $9,000 a couple days earlier during the Thursday main portion of the auction.  hm  :whatthe:

Pedigree?

On 11/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, piper said:
On 11/24/2020 at 5:16 PM, lou_fine said:

Pedigree?

Well, from a old school collector's point of view, I wouldn't really call the Harold Curtis booksto be much of a pedigree.  hm

Especially since they are nowhere close to passing one of the most important criteria for a pedigree which is namely, Quality, or a collection noted for its high grade condition.  :p

Definitely not a pedigree here from a condition grading point of view, but this copy of Subby 3 sure did seem to go for a pretty strong price tonight:  :whatthe:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Sub-Mariner Comics #3 (Timely, 1941) CGC GD+ 2.5 Cream to off-white pages....

Sold for $4,560 or something like more than 5X condition guide, although I will have to say this book seems to present quite a bit nicer than its assigned grade, although I somehow suspect there's possibly a pretty significant spine split there.  hm  (shrug)

Especially surprising since there's 29 higher graded copies of this particular issue and I also thought that Subby was one of the Timely titles that was more on the cool side except for the classic covers like Subby 11 & 13, but then again maybe it's hotter than I thought.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

21 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely not a pedigree here from a condition grading point of view, but this copy of Subby 3 sure did seem to go for a pretty strong price tonight:  :whatthe:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Sub-Mariner Comics #3 (Timely, 1941) CGC GD+ 2.5 Cream to off-white pages....

I thought several of the prices were high tonight (at least on the items I was interested in).  

11 hours ago, Hudson said:

Has anyone received their "wins" from the November Heritage Event Auction yet??

Just curious, as I do not show a tracking number yet.

Thanks.

Just hit my 7.0 Tec 27 in the mail.  Cracked slab though 😡

On 12/9/2020 at 11:16 AM, Mmehdy said:
On 12/8/2020 at 11:21 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

...NOOOOOOOOO!  :cry:

Its time CAT....this is one....great copy, now you detectives out there, where did this come from?

All you need do is to ask and ye shall receive:  lol  :p

-6282628630600740243.jpg