• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,074 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Lots more Alfred Pennyworths in this auction. Most are pretty high grade too. Mostly his Silver and Bronze stuff.

Now we fully understand why he was so upset when his books were stolen from a less than secured storage facility in Florida.  :fear:  :cry:

Unlike most collectors though, it clearly wasn't filled with boxes full of worthless drek books like the B&W's, Valiant, and Image MA crapola.  :flipbait:   :takeit:

Remember in the '90s when everyone wanted a Flash 56.  Hey, it was a Gerber white spot.  It's gotta be rare!  Well, now we know differently, thanks to the census.

It's not a Event auction, so forgive my transgression, but in last night's weekly auction, a high grade copy of Flash 56 came and went without so much as a murmur.  Times have sure changed

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/flash-comics-56-dc-1944-cgc-vf-85-off-white-pages/a/122052-17099.s?type=lotlink--bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

65792101-CD3A-402C-B9B1-5D7998B44390.png

6B613460-0A77-484C-B6A8-600BE81C4A93.png

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

35 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Remember in the '90s when everyone wanted a Flash 56.  Hey, it was a Gerber white spot.  It's gotta be rare!  Well, now we know differently, thanks to the census.

It's not a Event auction, so forgive my transgression, but in last night's weekly auction, a high grade copy of Flash 56 came and went without so much as a murmur.  Times have sure changed

sold for more than 1.5x guide and about 60% more than the 2017 sale from HA, so seems pretty solid.

I do remember this being one of the books everyone wanted though. I bought what was supposed to be the Church copy from a dealer in TX for a customer. Then found out he sold two or three other "church" copies of the same book to other dealers also. :mad:

23 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

sold for more than 1.5x guide and about 60% more than the 2017 sale from HA, so seems pretty solid.

I do remember this being one of the books everyone wanted though. I bought what was supposed to be the Church copy from a dealer in TX for a customer. Then found out he sold two or three other "church" copies of the same book to other dealers also. :mad:

What dealer?

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

I was apart of that fiasco as well. I bought the Flash Comics #56 MH from said Texas dealer.  I took the book directly to Gary Carter & John Verzyl that San Diego where they both agreed it was the actual, true MH copy! Next year at San Diego Pat Kochanek also looked at it and agreed mine was the real MH copy. 

16 minutes ago, Timely said:

I was apart of that fiasco as well. I bought the Flash Comics #56 MH from said Texas dealer.  I took the book directly to Gary Carter & John Verzyl that San Diego where they both agreed it was the actual, true MH copy! Next year at San Diego Pat Kochanek also looked at it and agreed mine was the real MH copy. 

You are lucky. The book I bought was still a beautiful HG copy that my customer was happy to have for his run, I would have been fine purchasing it as a HG copy. But the ordeal made me look bad, like I was selling fake MHs, which of course really ticked me off.

3 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/flash-comics-56-dc-1944-cgc-vf-85-off-white-pages/a/122052-17099.s?type=lotlink--bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

Seems like a lot of foxing on the cover for a 8.5 ? I'm no expert just asking ...

59 minutes ago, aleksicwon said:

Seems like a lot of foxing on the cover for a 8.5 ? I'm no expert just asking ...

Looks like foxing to me too.  But I've seen CGC grades as high as 9.0 with  light foxing acknowledged in the Grader Notes. I don't know how CGC would detract for the foxing on the Flash 56.

41 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Detective359 9.8 ( 1 of 4 and 13 9.6 ) ... no comment :screwy:

Well, I guess my comment would be that this gives us a pre-emptive answer to our question of whether this copy with the first appearance and origin of Batgirl would beat the $90K price point achieved by Batman 181 (1 of 3 in 9.8 & 7 in 9.6) and with the first appearance of Poison Ivy. :screwy::screwy:

Edited by lou_fine

On 12/28/2020 at 9:03 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 12/28/2020 at 8:40 AM, Crowzilla said:

What dealer?

Richard, @MrBedrock , Richard;

How could you.............and we all thought for sure that you were one of the good guys, just like all of us here.  (tsk)  :baiting:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

I was stunned by the final hammer price of $21,600 for the Catman 25. That was never considered a sought-after issue. That book sat on the CConnect site priced at $1,700 raw for a couple of years and didn't sell till it was slabbed. I thought about bidding on it, but it would have been a waste of time considering what it sold for.

4 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

I was stunned by the final hammer price of $21,600 for the Catman 25. That was never considered a sought-after issue. That book sat on the CConnect site priced at $1,700 raw for a couple of years and didn't sell till it was slabbed. I thought about bidding on it, but it would have been a waste of time considering what it sold for.

It sold for 5.8 guide. Another MH Catman sold for 10 guide last year and another just shy of 10 guide the year before, so in comparison it did go low.