• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,948 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

I assume this is one of those manufactured to be ultra rare modern variants that Marvel printed and warehoused a couple thousand extra pristine copies of somewhere, for slow release to the market.

16 minutes ago, szav said:

I assume this is one of those manufactured to be ultra rare modern variants that Marvel printed and warehoused a couple thousand extra pristine copies of somewhere, for slow release to the market.

22 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Book should have been listed under GAG

29 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

23 minutes ago, szav said:

It's clearly worth over $14K.  Didn't you see that it's 9 years old and there are only 137 copies in 9.8?

Edited by RareHighGrade

34 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:
56 minutes ago, szav said:

It's clearly worth over $14K.  Didn't you see that it's 9 years old and there are only 137 copies in 9.8?

Yes, what's wrong with all of you old fogies on the GA boards here who don't seem to understand what true rarity is nowadays.  :makepoint:

After all, there's only a meagre 157 copies (including Signature copies) in this equivalent CGC 9.8 graded condition to date so far, plus only another 228 in CGC 9.6 condition lining up in front of the pressing machine.  It's not like there were a thousand already slabbed copies in this grade which might possibly take it out of the Rare bucket at that point.  :devil:  :screwy:

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

The variant of the first Miles Morales. Modern AF 15.

As high as that is it's nothing, NOTHING, compared to the insanity of modern sports cards. Hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions, for cards printed in the last 10 years. Mind blowing stuff.

1 hour ago, october said:

The variant of the first Miles Morales. Modern AF 15.

As high as that is it's nothing, NOTHING, compared to the insanity of modern sports cards. Hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions, for cards printed in the last 10 years. Mind blowing stuff.

Let's spread the insanity around. 

3 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

A bunch of Alfred Pennyworth Silver Age Bats/Detectives just went for 10X - 30X Guide.  :whatthe:

I see a bunch of his books up for auction again in the next HA auctions

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I see a bunch of his books up for auction again in the next HA auctions (pre #s 200) hm

People who don't collect comics thinking they can make huge money flipping (shrug) IDK the ale is kicking in :ohnoez:

3 hours ago, comicnoir said:

1st Miles Spiderman.  Super hot because he has gotten so popular.

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

the 9.8 numbers will likely double overnight

Maybe.  A lot of people think he will be big in the Marvel Universe and it seems like Disney is really going to play him up.  Will it hold its value?  I think it will.

5 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

A bunch of Alfred Pennyworth Silver Age Bats/Detectives just went for 10X - 30X Guide.  :whatthe:

I added up his first action totals and it came to 1.4 million. I just added up this past auction and it came to almost 800,000. I'd say Randy's troubles are over. Kind of sad in a way seeing that collection broken up, could have made a museum out of them.

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I see a bunch of his books up for auction again in the next HA auctions

Holy cow there's more? The fun never ends.

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:
2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

the 9.8 numbers will likely double overnight

Maybe.  A lot of people think he will be big in the Marvel Universe and it seems like Disney is really going to play him up.  Will it hold its value?  I think it will.

After seeing this stratosprheric $14,400 auction result, you think that a hundred or more equivalent CGC 9.8 graded copies of this MA Spidey book being tossed into the marketplace is only going to push the prices up even further.  hm   :screwy:

If that's the case, then I assume if there were 100 copies of Batman 1 slabbed in CGC 9.4, the price of this Batman 1 would have gone for even a lot more than the $2.22M price point it fetched.  :bigsmile:

Edited by lou_fine

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

After seeing this stratosprheric $14,400 auction result, you think that a hundred or more equivalent CGC 9.8 graded copies of this MA Spidey book being tossed into the marketplace is only going to push the prices up even further.  hm   :screwy:

If that's the case, then I assume if there were 100 copies of Batman 1 slabbed in CGC 9.4, the price of this Batman 1 would have gone for even a lot more than the $2.22M price point it fetched.  :bigsmile:

Seems like there is a lot of demand for the book.