• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

Although this is a Larson pedigree copy, still a bit rather surprised that it sold for well over condition guide considering the slight restoration and the bottom edge trimming:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F2%2F9%2F0%2F23290780%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Not sure why he would even bothered with the trimming since the originl Larson List had this copy listed as supposedly being in NM condition.  ???   doh!

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Although this is a Larson pedigree copy, still a bit rather surprised that it sold for well over condition guide considering the slight restoration and the bottom edge trimming:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F2%2F9%2F0%2F23290780%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Not sure why he would even bothered with the trimming since the originl Larson List had this copy listed as supposedly being in NM condition.  ???   doh!

I was comparing this copy to others on the site ( sold items ) and the footnote area actually looks larger on this supposedly trimmed copy . I can't tell that it is trimmed .

20 hours ago, Timely said:

It sold for 5.8 guide. Another MH Catman sold for 10 guide last year and another just shy of 10 guide the year before, so in comparison it did go low.

What I'm wondering is, why are books that no one ever cared about all of a sudden selling for ten times guide? Who's paying those prices?

3 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

What I'm wondering is, why are books that no one ever cared about all of a sudden selling for ten times guide? Who's paying those prices?

I’m more interested to know who paid over 2 million for a Batman than who paid over 20k for a Catman!

8 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

This just won't do. The bidders should be found and punished severely to serve as an example to any other independent minded collectors. 

Looked at the results from yesterday some big prices seen and some not.The classic cover push is still going on along with keys one worthy of notice was the Fight 31 MH copy going for some big bucks.The other was a surprise Wonderworld 7 a 3.0 going for 9k should make some owners happy, but Lou Fine has always been a fav of mine.:luhv:

Edited by comicjack

7 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

With what books are selling for now, I'm ready to call my collection done. I may sell a few books to fund the purchase of others, but I don't want to put more money in at current prices. The prices on key books don't surprise me, but the prices that relatively unimportant books are selling for don't make sense to me. I don't know how to estimate any kind of long-term value for anything.

Can you give examples of the books you are referring to?

14 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
16 hours ago, Timely said:

I’m more interested to know who paid over 2 million for a Batman than who paid over 20k for a Catman!

+1

Yes, what's the big deal with Batman and Catman anyways as they tend to show up in almost every single auction nowadays, especially the former.  :p

The real and only man to pay attention to in this hobby is Fatman, the Human Flying Saucer.  Especially since I have a File Copy set of this whole run and it should deservely go for 100X top of guide when I go to sell it in this red hot marketplace:  :banana:

Silver Age (1956-1969):Humor, Fatman, the Human Flying Saucer #3 Twin Cities pedigree (Lightning Comics, 1967) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages....

56 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I thought the Fantastic Comics #3 did very well. Didn't think it would go that high for a 0.5 book. 

Well, that's probably because you have to ignore that number at the top left hand corner of the slab here:  :gossip:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F2%2F9%2F0%2F23290778%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Looks like CGC simply took the lazy and easy way out here by simply slapping a 0.5 incomplete grade to this book because it's missing the back cover.  :facepalm:

From the front cover and assigned PQ, this book would certainly present a lot nicer than your standard CGC 0.5 Poor graded book and should have really been slabbed with a Green Qualified with a proper grade in order to present potential bidders with a more informative condition grade.  hm