• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I threw down what I thought of as lowball bids on Bat 1 and Cap 1(5.5), but have been high bidder for a week.  Cmon guys, pitch in!  Don’t turn me into an accidental owner.  Not to mention I would be breaking my promise to myself. 

upgrades would be nice :smile:

4 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I threw down what I thought of as lowball bids on Bat 1 and Cap 1(5.5), but have been high bidder for a week.  Cmon guys, pitch in!  Don’t turn me into an accidental owner.  Not to mention I would be breaking my promise to myself. 

The real bidding hasn’t even started yet so no worries (thumbsu

8 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Cap 1 9.4 now just under 500K

The two Central Valley Detectives I am watching (sadly, just watching) are on the low side still but it is early for this auction still.  This one should be interesting to watch.  They have what I would call a very diverse group of books.

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

The two Central Valley Detectives I am watching (sadly, just watching) are on the low side still but it is early for this auction still. 

Guessing high 20s low 30s for the 44 and 46

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 7/19/2019 at 2:20 PM, Gotham Kid said:

upgrades would be nice :smile:

Upgrades would be nice, but I don’t want to get strapped back into the discomfort that comes with that little issue called PAYMENT.  Fortunately, you and Batman_fan were right.  This morning I woke up to that email that I have been outbid.  Normally not my favorite email, but today it was.  

I’m surprised at the early run up for the 5.5 Cap1 over Bat 1.

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

13 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

There was a restored Action 2 in the Sunday sale that was withdrawn :frown:

Was looking forward to that one.

Wild and fanciful speculation but I wonder if the consignor or Heritage decided the resto could be removed?

45 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Wild and fanciful speculation but I wonder if the consignor or Heritage decided the resto could be removed?

Just found out it was put in a weekly sale by mistake. Is going to be in the November signature auction.

...was looking forward to a video from Barry (like they usually have when a piece like the caliber of the San Francisco Cap 1 comes to auction through HA) spotlighting the book. 

With only a week to go, looks like that's not happening this go round.