• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Primetime said:

It never bothered me when I owned it. 

Because I owned 2 other 5.0 at the time, the dust shadow bothered me when compared to the other 2 copies. But on its own it was structurally the best of the 3

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 29 5.0 78K

23015730%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Tec 31 5.0 132K

22946330%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

I was watching the auctioneer when these were happening. He seemed a little surprised the 29 didn't go higher. It did finish a little light compared to the past few of similar grade. 

I don't really understand why the 31 sells for more than the 29, and quite a bit more. Is it mainly because of the cover art?

12 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

I was watching the auctioneer when these were happening. He seemed a little surprised the 29 didn't go higher. It did finish a little light compared to the past few of similar grade. 

I don't really understand why the 31 sells for more than the 29, and quite a bit more. Is it mainly because of the cover art?

I would say yes it’s because of the cover art. It seems collectors like this cover better than the #29 hence the valuation difference in the current market. I agree the #29 should be nearly side to side but within the last 8 years or so the demand for the #31 has taken an upward trend greater than the #29. 

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Because I owned 2 other 5.0 at the time, the dust shadow bothered me when compared to the other 2 copies. But on its own it was structurally the best of the 3

Yup, and my current copy is blue cowl with no dust shadow and I’m good without the dust stripe.

12 hours ago, Straw-Man said:
On 7/31/2019 at 9:10 AM, sagii said:

I believe the owner of My Slabbed Comics is a Boardie. Someone maybe could PM him to update his bio for the Pedigree.

Glad to see Billy'Wright's books retaining their value (and rising).  Maybe only the Allentown Ped is smaller in size of the collection for a Pedigree.? 

darn sure aren't many kansas city books; i've only ever seen @4 for sale.

Yes, although the Allentown is indeed the smallest in terms of size at only 135 books, both the importance and the extreme high grade condition of those 135 books makes it a true standout pedigree that's highly sought out by collectors.  :cloud9:  :takeit:

Next up in terms of size would be two of the pedigrees to contain #1 issues only, namely the Denver at something like 153 books followed by the Carson City or Comstock pedigree which had nearly 250 books in total.  If I am not mistaken, the next one up would then be the aforementioned Billy Wright collection which had something like roughly 340 books in total.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

11 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Based on the books I’ve been tracking, it appears there’s been some pent-up demand that is starting to unleash. Krakens are being released right and left.

I may wait for the next 2 auctions to see whether the demand remains steady, or dies back once the heritage auction ends. 

Whichever auction I decide to consign some books or OA is when demand will die.

44 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Yea it was quite surprising the huge gap in sale price between the Tec 29 and 31.

+1

Last night's Tec 29 sale compared to the last couple (recent) results was disastrous.

7 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

anyone won the Larson Tec 36 ?

Wish I did. I think it went for a pretty good price for the buyer. Nice looking book, Looks like they did a good job on it. Goth do you know if that book was ever in a Blue label before the resto? I was going to ask before but wanted to wait until it closed.

11 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

FC 16 kind of shocked me--$65K + BP--although probably it shouldn't have. 

11 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

wow ! :whatthe:

Wowza is definitely an under statement here when it sold for $78K including the juice!!! :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Until I took a closer look at the history of this particular copy here and looks like it was one of those that Gary Keller had overpaid for to the tune of $65,725 way way back in 2008.  :screwy:

Especially since he ended up selling it for only $50,787.50 a short year later following the collapse in both the real estate and financial markets.  :tonofbricks:

19 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Goth do you know if that book was ever in a Blue label before the resto? I was going to ask before but wanted to wait until it closed.

No idea although I don't think so. The Larson Tec 36 is actually the first Larson book I see that had so much resto done to it.

Edited by Gotham Kid

4 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:
11 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 29 5.0 78K

23015730%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Yes, especially when CC was able to sell this CGC 3.0 graded copy for $66,010 back in 2017:

det1.13876a.jpg

And then followed it up a couple years later with this CGC 5.0 graded copy for $107K back in 2019:

det1.17456a.jpg

Definitely makes this sale here for only $78K look a bit underwhelming to say the least.  Then again, I've always said that if I was a consignor for these books, CC would be my preferred venue choice when it comes to pre-Robin 'Tec books and early Actions because they seem to be the market maker when it comes to these particular books here. hm  (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Yea it was quite surprising the huge gap in sale price between the Tec 29 and 31. Tec 31 has always sold for more but not by this big of a gap.

Not always. I used to pay more for 29s than 31s just 15+ years ago...31 took off after encapsulation became significant in the market