• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, tth2 said:
On 8/2/2019 at 5:42 PM, lou_fine said:

Yet, both of these rather nice looking and superb HG copies were still able to fetch multiples to top of guide.  :applause:

But the Terry and the Pirates sold at a lower price than it did last time on Heritage.

Haven't you learned that the past is the past and there's no time like the present?  lol

Actually, it looks like you are right on here since the book sold for $6,572.50 on HA back in November of 2017 and then resold again for $6,600 a full year later in November of 2018.  (thumbsu

Looks like the consignor must have lost some serious coin on this book here from a percentage point of view as it managed to fetch only $5,160 in this most recent go-round.  :tonofbricks:

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Me too.

Not only do I like that 52 actually shows the title character, but the 54 cover always bothered me in its execution, the reflection doesn't match the image in front of the mirror at all. It's really pretty pedestrian compared to many Fox/Fiction House books of the time. Never understood why it guides for multiples of the 52.

but - but - but ... she's practically nekkid!! 

Just boils down to the amount of skin on the cover.

I never thought much of 54 either.

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it looks like PL 17 has SS 4 beat by about 25 years then since I remember PL 17 already being flagged and singled out in the Overstreet guide as far back as the mid to late 70's.

I guess I was lucky in being able to stumble my way onto my copy of Seven Seas 4 back in the mid 90's when it was still below everybody's radar.  (thumbsu

It's awesome that you've kept the book all these years. :applause:

12 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Me too.

Not only do I like that 52 actually shows the title character, but the 54 cover always bothered me in its execution, the reflection doesn't match the image in front of the mirror at all. It's really pretty pedestrian compared to many Fox/Fiction House books of the time. Never understood why it guides for multiples of the 52.

The 54 cover is based on a clever concept with the idea that the artist was trying to put something past the censors to provide a little fan service.  It also has a better color design than 52. 

The best artistry doesn't always result in the greatest popularity.

Edited by adamstrange

strong auction over 9 million in sales. The secret is out on cap one...anything over 750K, I think I predicted like 777K or something like that breaks the 3/4 of a million barrier and 915K is outstanding considering the whole world knows that the late JV has a 9.8 copy which I think based on this sale would crack 1.5 million.

32 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

strong auction over 9 million in sales. The secret is out on cap one...anything over 750K, I think I predicted like 777K or something like that breaks the 3/4 of a million barrier and 915K is outstanding considering the whole world knows that the late JV has a 9.8 copy which I think based on this sale would crack 1.5 million.

I sat next to his kids at the live auction, and they applauded, as did we all, when the hammer came down

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I sat next to his kids at the live auction, and they applauded when the hammer came down

ofc they did

:flipbait:

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Another question is will this crack $100K :screwy: on the next go round or will sanity come back into play as it dips back down to the $50K $40K mark:

Modern Age (1980-Present):Alternative/Underground, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (Mirage Studios, 1984) CGC...

Fixed

14 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

That conserved designation is basically like unrestored.  Someone is gonna get a bargain

Not if a couple buyers thinking about get the staples replaced with same era ones...