• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I always get the terminology mixed up, but I think wrap is 4 pages, and leaf is only 2. 

To complicate things, when CGC encapsulates a leaf, they call it page 1 or page 3 ect, instead of page 1 and 2, or 3 and 4

On 3/26/2021 at 10:01 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This post may get removed for talking about the competition, but truly I mean no disrespect to CGC. It has been my observation that the value of similar books can vary widely depending on whose holder it’s in. Case in point in the current Heritage auction: 2 books which look very similar, IMHO, are sitting at 2 different prices:  the book in the CGC holder has been bid up to exactly double that of a similar book sitting in a competitors holder. Be interesting to see the final tally.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/fantastic-four-annual-1-marvel-1963-cgc-nm-96-off-white-pages/a/7242-91039.s

9BC26932-A092-4DB3-8E80-768AC2093689.jpeg

V.      https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/fantastic-four-annual-1-marvel-1963-cbcs-nm-96-white-pages/a/7242-92137.s

Thanks for this. Great chance to compare grading. HA seems to have made their choice with placement in the auction. I looked at both books in detail next to each other and both are beauties with some negs. The CGC has been waffled more, seems to have a little upper spine split, date stamp and foxing on back cover. Front cover is very bright and colorful but bottom right corner seems rounded.  Edge goes to CGC book for front cover.  Back cover and spine is nicer on the other guy. For the big price difference I’d go for the other guy and hope the color difference is simply the HA guys spending more time fiddling with the scanner settings on a “platinum” auction piece. 

Heritage starts closing tomorrow, and although prices stayed static for about a week, there’s movement afoot . . .

the FF5 just shot up about $20k today, and the amazing Spider-Man jumped $25k today. The FF1s have had no recent movement.

the golden age stuff hasn’t moved 

A659BA83-35D5-4403-B57D-0EB54EE2D145.jpeg

00D1010D-A55F-4849-BADB-E487B34FCD6A.jpeg

3 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Heritage starts closing tomorrow, and although prices stayed static for about a week, there’s movement afoot . . .

the FF5 just shot up about $20k today, and the amazing Spider-Man jumped $25k today. The FF1s have had no recent movement.

I see a little movement on the GA I am tracking but not a huge amount.  Zero movement on the two pieces of artwork I am tracking closely but they have a history of little movement until the live auction.  Need to make sure my ipad is charged tomorrow !

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I see a little movement on the GA I am tracking but not a huge amount.  Zero movement on the two pieces of artwork I am tracking closely but they have a history of little movement until the live auction.  Need to make sure my ipad is charged tomorrow !

There are a few real nice original art pieces in this one. I just picked up a 9.4 HOM 178 a few weeks ago after years of waiting and now the original cover art by Ol' Neal is up for grabs. Also a GSX 1 OA page 2 and a Ditko ASM 8 OA page 2 are going neck to neck. I think I'd take the Ditko but its a tough choice. Good luck.

Edited by Professor Chaos

7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

The Batman 1 5.0 is up to 264k and the 3.0 up to 126k 

18 minutes ago, Ltpink2002 said:

The Batman 1 5.0 is up to 264k and the 3.0 up to 126k 

This will be an exciting finish for them. Even the Bat 1 .5 is getting close to $40k. So yes, Bat 1 looks hot right now. And I’m pretty sure the bidding is not yet done.

The Red Raven #1 pedigree 9.0 ends today, as well as a nice small, high grade run of Pep Comics from #1-10. With Pep #1 being the first appearance of the Shield (1st American Superhero, well before Captain America) this may be the most undervalued Golden Age book out there! Much rarer than Cap #1!

53 minutes ago, Timely said:

The Red Raven #1 pedigree 9.0 ends today, as well as a nice small, high grade run of Pep Comics from #1-10. With Pep #1 being the first appearance of the Shield (1st American Superhero, well before Captain America) this may be the most undervalued Golden Age book out there! Much rarer than Cap #1!

I’m watching the Red Raven creep up there. (Not my book). All will be told shortly

4 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’m watching the Red Raven creep up there. (Not my book). All will be told shortly

The Billy Wright books are nice.  My Tec 9 is BW. I am seeking a Tec 1 but it at least needs to be complete so not this time. Some of the PCH books are unbelievable, including the USA 1. This Bailey Cover has to be my new favorite. 

F65888E9-18AE-4F86-8FD5-D7A02ADD0AC0.png

6 hours ago, Timely said:

With Pep #1 being the first appearance of the Shield (1st American Superhero, well before Captain America) this may be the most undervalued Golden Age book out there! Much rarer than Cap #1!

I didn't even know the Shield was getting a movie. And there were several American superheros before the Shield. Unless you meant 1st patriotic superhero.

Not sure about the rest of you here, but I thought this particular copy of More Fun 73 went for a pretty strong price, given its actual appearance relative to its assigned grade:  :p

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/more-fun-comics-73-dc-1941-cgc-vf-75-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7242-91042.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115#

lf?set=path%5B2%2F3%2F6%2F3%2F5%2F23635726%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

From what I am seeing here, that sure appears to be quite a bit of wear on the front cover that you otherwise don't normally see on other CGC 7.5 graded books.   (shrug)