• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,073 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, dem1138 said:

It does seem like theres a bit of fatigue on the GA mega keys that have come up quite a bit recently - Cap #1, Batman #1, Superman #1

Indeed

19 hours ago, Primetime said:
19 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Tec 31 CGC 1.5 sold for $33,600 :facepalm:  Hoping it would be at least $40k..  Great price!

Very weak price point. Not long ago it would have went $50k+. Someone got a bargain.

Perhaps. But an informed buyer had but to check the HA archives to see it used to be a 1.0 and the tape pushed it to 1.5. If I were bidding, I'd be bidding 1.0 prices for it.

Edited by Gotham Kid

57 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
13 hours ago, dem1138 said:

It does seem like theres a bit of fatigue on the GA mega keys that have come up quite a bit recently - Cap #1, Batman #1, Superman #1

Indeed

looks like someone didn't waste time on the Larson copy though

listed this week on CC and Metro

bat1.thumb.JPG.4f19801ff0c82cf2cd592e989b9675f7.JPG

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I happen to have some free time this morning, so ended up watching some of the auction action on an off and on basis.

What a contrast between the auction action for the AF 15 as compared to the Donald Duck FC 9.  When it came time for the AF 15 lot, the auctioneer proudly annouced to the attendees that this was the highlight of the entire auction which all of them must have been waiting for.  I then felt embarrased for the poor guy as he stood there like a deer caught in headlights waiting for somebody else (please, please, anybody please!!) to raise the bid above the opening hammer bid of $662.5K.  At first, I found it rather funny that he didn't even know what the next bid increment level was before finally coming up with the $675K figure.  Unfortunately, after standing there for a couple of minutes trying to squeeze a bid (any bid) out of somebody (anybody please), he eventually gave up and declared the book sold at the opening bid of $662.5 and simply moved onto the next lot.  :(

Contrast that with the DD FC9 which started off at something like $15K and nursed it up to almost the $20K mark and then stated that once it hit this price point the increments would be much higher.  You could see that big smile crossed his face once it did hit the $20K mark and after that, he seem to become quite animated and excited as he kept motioning with his right hand after every bid increment.  It was almost like he was egging the telephone bidder to go up just that one more bid increment until it finally hit the $32K hammer price, and at which point he seem so enthused that I thought he was going to do a little jig around the auction floor before moving onto the next lot.  lol  :whee:

Thanks for the play-by-play! (thumbsu

And of course everyone knows that Ducks are much more exciting than boring old Spider-Man!

19 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure about previous past sales, but I thought the restored Cap 3 seems to continue to motor along at something like 3.5X condition guide for a RESTORED copy: :applause:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Captain America Comics #3 (Timely, 1941) CGC Apparent VG 4.0 Slight (C-1) Cream to off-white pages....

The work on this seems easily removable so I could see the price reflecting that and this being in a blue label soon.

Comiclink is auctioning off a really nice All-Star #8 CGC 7.5 ow/w in their next auction.  Interesting to see if it hammers high due to the rarity in the market at that grade or it tanks like the other copies did yesterday.  Also wonder if the consignor is just trying to get their money out or if they are hoping for a strong result. 

2 hours ago, dem1138 said:
21 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure about previous past sales, but I thought the restored Cap 3 seems to continue to motor along at something like 3.5X condition guide for a RESTORED copy: :applause:

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Captain America Comics #3 (Timely, 1941) CGC Apparent VG 4.0 Slight (C-1) Cream to off-white pages....

The work on this seems easily removable so I could see the price reflecting that and this being in a blue label soon.

That's quite possible, but I just took a quick look at the HA archives for the past couple of years and it looks like this book continues to sell at multiples to guide even in restored condition, as evident by these 2 other recent past sales:

1)  A CGC 6.0 graded restored copy sold for $21,600 or about 3.25X condition guide back in November of 2018; and

2)  A CGC 5.5 graded restored copy sold for $24,000 or about 3.35X condition guide back in November of 2019.

So, I imagine this CGC 4.0 graded restored copy selling for $18,000 or just a bit above 3.45X condition guide is just a continuation of the same pricing trend for this highly in-demand GA book.  I believe the market value for Cap 3 has been right up there for several years now and one of these years, Overstreet will finally get around to recognizing that Cap 3 is actually not only the second most valuable Cap book out there, but possibly also by a relatively wide margin.  hm  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
21 hours ago, Primetime said:
21 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Tec 31 CGC 1.5 sold for $33,600 :facepalm:  Hoping it would be at least $40k..  Great price!

Very weak price point. Not long ago it would have went $50k+. Someone got a bargain.

Perhaps. But an informed buyer had but to check the HA archives to see it used to be a 1.0 and the tape pushed it to 1.5. If I were bidding, I'd be bidding 1.0 prices for it.

Don't you realize that the Mods are monitoring these boards here and you need to be careful with what you say here.  :gossip:

After all, isn't it all about that big number on the left  (worship) of the slab and nothing else really matters.  (tsk)

All kidding aside, like the other GA mega keys, another book that now tends to show up in every single auction and possibly another factor why it sold for lower than what other CGC 1.0 graded copies have sold for in the recent past on the CC auction platform.  Really hard to guage sometimes with some of these entry level copies as it also really depends on the particular defects and how the book presents.  hm  (shrug)