• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,077 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, tth2 said:

Once again, do you guys not realize it's all about that big big number on the top left, and in this particular case, the absolute highest graded copy IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE all by its lonesome.  :makepoint:

It should actually be mind boggling that the CGC 9.8 graded copies of both Hulk 191 and Werewolf by Night 32 even came so close to this JLA 21 since there's almost no more room left in the entire universe to hold the other 132 equivalent graded copies of Hulk 181 or the other 18 equivalent graded copies of WWBN 32.  lol

2 hours ago, Crowzilla said:
3 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Great book and condition....worth it

I wonder why it was only worth about guide the other 4x they sold it.

worlds.jpg

Well, it's starting to get pretty obvious to me that some of you will have to stay over for detention because you have clearly not been paying attention during class.  (tsk)

After all, how many more times do you need to be told that 9.6 is actually a higher number than 9.4.  It's pretty obvious that those first 4 bozo consignors that sold the book did not know this.  :makepoint:

And the new lesson for this year, is that nobody wants one of their books with those ugly blue labels when the exact same book will be worth so much more money (say like $18K worth :screwy:) sitting in a slab with one of these smart looking black and silver (or is it black and gold) labels:  :gossip:  lol

Golden Age (1938-1955):Science Fiction, Forbidden Worlds #1 River City Pedigree (ACG, 1951) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages....

Edited by lou_fine

13 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

I think we are going to see many of the bigger items that sold today resurface sooner than they normally would...

Why?

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it's starting to get pretty obvious to me that some of you will have to stay over for detention because you have clearly not been paying attention during class.  (tsk)

After all, how many more times do you need to be told that 9.6 is actually a higher number than 9.4.  It's pretty obvious that those first 4 bozo consignors that sold the book did not know this.  :makepoint:

And the new lesson for this year, is that nobody wants one of their books with those ugly blue labels when the exact same book will be worth so much more money (say like $18K worth :screwy:) sitting in a slab with one of these smart looking black and silver (or is it black and gold) labels:  :gossip:  lol

Golden Age (1938-1955):Science Fiction, Forbidden Worlds #1 River City Pedigree (ACG, 1951) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages....

So why did this sell for soo much more getting the grade bump, but the Military 1 sold for soo much less?

15 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
13 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

I think we are going to see many of the bigger items that sold today resurface sooner than they normally would...

Why?

Guessing some of them possibly got picked up by dealers who'll just hold them until this corona cr*p dies out and things get back to normal.

Edited by Gotham Kid

15 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

So why did this sell for soo much more getting the grade bump, but the Military 1 sold for soo much less?

Well, from my own personal point of view, it's really rather simple. :gossip:

Do NOT paid a 9.6 price for a CGC 9.4 graded book hoping that you can bump it up to a CGC 9.6 graded copy in order to make money on it after holding it for a relatively shiort period of time. doh!  :tonofbricks:

A much smarter strategy is to pay a 9.2 price for a CGC 9.4 graded book hoping that you can bump it up to a CGC 9.6 graded copy after holding it for a relatively longer time period.  (thumbsu  :whee:

Edited by lou_fine

2 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

On the other side of the collectibles market, I thought most if not all the video games stuff did very well, selling for strong prices across the board

That game console sold for 360K. Holy F.

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Do NOT paid a 9.6 price for a CGC 9.4 graded book hoping that you can bump it up to a CGC 9.6 graded copy in order to make money on it after holding it for a relatively shiort period of time. doh!  :tonofbricks:

A much smarter strategy is to pay a 9.2 price for a CGC 9.4 graded book hoping that you can bump it up to a CGC 9.6 graded copy after holding it for a relatively longer time period.  (thumbsu  :whee:

:idea:

8 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Or just love em as-is for 5 years, and then release them back into the world in the same condition you found em in

14 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
29 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
14 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

Why?

Guessing some of them possibly got picked up by dealers who'll just hold them until this corona cr*p dies out and things get back to normal.

I guess that could be a reason. It just seemed like an odd general statement to make and was wondering if it was a hunch or if there were some basis for it.

3 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Or just love em as-is for 5 years, and then release them back into the world in the same condition you found em in

Is it okay if they are in the same condition but in a different holder?

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

like the other GA mega keys, another book that now tends to show up in every single auction and possibly another factor why it sold for lower than what other CGC 1.0 graded copies have sold for in the recent past on the CC auction platform.

Nowhere near as often as Bats1, Cap1 or even Supes1. Not even close.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

Quality top graded cgc material holds its value...that is what its called "Gold"....9.6 with a new holder cannot be compared to 9.4...9.6 is on another planet brother...

Ummmm...........................I would have to say that it's really more like $18,000 cannot be compared to $2,629.  :gossip:

Especially, if the EXACT SAME COPY of the CGC 9.4 highest graded book is on another planet when it is sitting in a 9.6 holder, then I would have to say that $18,000 is in a completely different universe than a mere $2,629 brother!!!  hm  

:takeit: , the money, that is.  lol

Edited by lou_fine