• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
6 6

492 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, BarristerBaker said:

Underbidder on the Flash Comics 31 and the Mystic 8. Should have went a bit higher on the Flash. 

Oh, love Flash 31, fantastic cover. It's always a gamble with GA books. I feel like several of them, Planet Comics 1 included, went low. While others fetched much higher than I expected.

28 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
40 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

TOD 10 9.9 @ 85K and WW 1 8.0 @ 85K

folks, its official, we have jumped the shark tank

Boy, you aren't kidding and definitely an understatement on your part here.  (thumbsu

Yes, just imagine some wacko paying $85 G's for a Wonder Woman 1!!!  I guesss it must have been that con job of a CVA sticker that pulled the price up so high.  :screwy:  :wink:

Now, as for that once in a lifetime TOD 10.  It never would have finished so gosh darned low if I hadn't fallen asleep zzz  zzz waiting for that lot to come around since I was going to put in my lucky $88,888 series of numbers for the winning bid.  doh!  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/27/2019 at 9:26 PM, action1kid said:

Went for 36k from what I see

If this did in fact go for $36k, I think that’s a bargain.  It’s an all original Bat 1 with no restoration.  Even though the centerfold is married, it’s STILL AN ORIGINAL WITH NO RESTO!  A blue label 1.5 would have gotten $75-$80k, I think.  This sold for a PLOD price, and so my congratulations to the buyer

DF7471B4-D860-44F6-A044-49C5B148120D.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 hour ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

If this did in fact go for $36k, I think that’s a bargain.  It’s an all original Bat 1 with no restoration.  Even though the centerfold is married, it’s STILL AN ORIGINAL WITH NO RESTO!  A blue label 1.5 would have gotten $75-$80k, I think.  This sold for a PLOD price, and so my congratulations to the buyer

Agreed! I imagine this would be around 50-60k on a dealers wall.

10 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

It'll be interesting to see how the market fairs with the TOD 10 9.9. Frankly I suspect that's a long-term bust.

144 copies of that book 9.6 or better.  I'd bet a years worth of paychecks there's no discernible difference between the 9.9 and the rest.

16 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, like I've stated on here before, if I was the consignor of a key or pedigree GA book, CL would most assuredly not be my go to auction venue. hm

Now, if it was a Tomb of Dracula 10 or a Marvel Super-Heores 13 in uber high grade, I would be dialling Josh's number already.  lol

The other factor that might also be affecting the lower than normal result for this copy here is the fact that they had another nicely presenting CGC 6.5 graded copy right below this one here.  It is never a good idea to go into an auction with other competing copies to face off against you.  doh!

Seeing that it is one of those old label slabs, this is probably right in the sights of somebody like Ritter who's on the ball and has a habit of snapping up old label slabs from these auctions, crack them out, resubmit for a higher grade, and then magically have them show up on his site at substantially higher prices, with buyers then seemingly more than willing to beat down his doors to pay for the book at that point in time.  :devil:  :screwy:

The book has some wear at the top and bottom of the spine, so if it gets an upgrade I'll be surprised, but I still thought it would go a little higher because of the pedigree. I might have bid higher if there had been a back cover scan and if the back cover looked decent. I don't bid on anything on CLink very aggressively unless I can find a back cover scan online and the back cover looks OK.

The last time I sent CLink an e-mail asking for back cover scans, I received no reply. I think that was back in 2014; I haven't bothered to ask since. (Fool me once, shame on you;fool me twice, shame on me.) Someone said I should call them, but I don't like having to talk to people on the phone.

6 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Edited by thedude

15 minutes ago, mjoeyoung said:

On the Batman #1, it is interesting that married pages get Qualified labels.  I can't help but consider that a PLOD in Qualified clothing.  The definition of restoration keeps getting narrowed.

In full agreement with you here as I personally considered anything that is married from another book onto your copy to be a Restored book.  (thumbsu

I guess it's really to each their own and you should really be buying the book anyways, as opposed to buying the label.  hm