• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Royer at SDCC
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I went back a few pages to see if there is a thread I could add this to, but couldn't.

I just wanted to give everyone attending SDCC this year a heads up that Mike Royer plans to bring comics form his personal collection to sell- No gems- 7.0-9.0 mostly

Eternals, Kamandi, some Fourth World, and more. Next week I'll try to get a clearer idea of what they will be. He's still trying to determine if they're providing him with a table, or if he'll be in Artist's Alley, or if he's "just" a Special Guest like 2017. If it's the latter, he'll likely be hanging out at The Kirby Museum.

Hope to see some of you:tink:

36 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

He sat next to me at dinner Friday night at Heroes actually. It was the first time I had met him. He drew characters from Winnie the Pooh and gave them to the waitresses at the Thai place we were at. 

A couple of things of note:

1) He will talk. The whole time. The stories never end because one will go right into the next. Occasionally he'll say something like "And a few years later Jimmy died of cancer.." pause for about 3 seconds and then it's on to hearing about how Alex Toth was a jerk for a year, and then super nice for a year.

2) It's ok that the dude talks the whole time because he's met everyone ever, and he's got that old guy humor down to a science. He's got some really interesting stories. The dude met Elvis just by deciding he wanted to and walking on a movie set. 

3) He is a shameless flirt, and loves the ladies. I hope I still have that in me when I'm also 130 years old. He will probably talk to your wife/girlfriend way more than he talks to you. 

To anyone reading this, I highly recommend carving out some time to meet him. I hadn't planned on it, but after a while I was glad that he came to dinner with us. Very cool guy. 

This is the type of experience I would want.  Something that will leave a lasting impression.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:30 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

He sat next to me at dinner Friday night at Heroes actually. It was the first time I had met him. He drew characters from Winnie the Pooh and gave them to the waitresses at the Thai place we were at. 

A couple of things of note:

1) He will talk. The whole time. The stories never end because one will go right into the next. Occasionally he'll say something like "And a few years later Jimmy died of cancer.." pause for about 3 seconds and then it's on to hearing about how Alex Toth was a jerk for a year, and then super nice for a year.

2) It's ok that the dude talks the whole time because he's met everyone ever, and he's got that old guy humor down to a science. He's got some really interesting stories. The dude met Elvis just by deciding he wanted to and walking on a movie set. 

3) He is a shameless flirt, and loves the ladies. I hope I still have that in me when I'm also 130 years old. He will probably talk to your wife/girlfriend way more than he talks to you. 

To anyone reading this, I highly recommend carving out some time to meet him. I hadn't planned on it, but after a while I was glad that he came to dinner with us. Very cool guy. 

You described him perfectly lol

1) The only thing that will stop a story in mid sentence is an attractive Cosplayer walking by, who he will then call over.

2) I can't remember who told him, but decades ago someone said, "Mike, you have to make your own perks." He really took that to heart.

3) And the ladies love him back lol He has a great Sean Young story.

He truly loves his fans, and if someone were to bring some of his cartoon work to his table, you will make his day because it saddens him that this work is so little known.

Too bad I don’t go to SDCC this year ...wasn’t part of my travel plans but I would have love to met him for a few signatures. I found out he did some artwork/inking or lettering in Gold Key comics and DC. I copied the listings he was involved by his work. Some of you might have one or two in your collection, check if his name is in the credits. 

Have fun in meeting with him. (thumbsu   

DC ComicsEdit

Eclipse ComicsEdit

Gold Key ComicsEdit

Marvel ComicsEdit

Pacific ComicsEdit

Topps ComicsEdit

• Satan's Six #1 (1993)

Warren PublicationsEdit

• Creepy #29–30, 32, 37–38 (1969–1971)
  • Eerie #23–25, 27, 32, 34 (1969–1971)
  • Vampirella #1–2, 4–6 (1969–1970)