• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

AF15(7oww) #0938894001 (scan from 01-31-2009), "Rocky Mountain" on label.

AF15(7oww) #0901771001 (scan from 04-17-2015), "Rocky Mountain" not on label.

AF15(75oww) #1570765001 (scan from 06-26-2019), "Rocky Mountain" on label.

AF15(7oww)rockyMTN+.jpg

AF15(7oww)rockyMTN.jpg

AF15(75oww)rocky.jpg

hmmmm………………..interesting...……………..the paper edges beyond the Right edge of FRont cover appear to be getting more prominent with each consecutive new slab- multiple pressings?

It's not a huge difference, but the pages do stick out more.  It's a safe bet this comic has been pressed at least twice, and probably more.  Now that it's "reached its full potential", it's probably done being manipulated.

Rocky Mountain 7.0

1180313563_AF1570.thumb.jpg.bd916776ae600e3674c6f6b2abd6069f.jpg

Rocky Mountain 7.5

451318584_AF1575.thumb.jpg.36ff2140143334890dcb96ff50f5db68.jpg

5 hours ago, namisgr said:

It's not a huge difference, but the pages do stick out more.  It's a safe bet this comic has been pressed at least twice, and probably more.  Now that it's "reached its full potential", it's probably done being manipulated.

Rocky Mountain 7.0

1180313563_AF1570.thumb.jpg.bd916776ae600e3674c6f6b2abd6069f.jpg

Rocky Mountain 7.5

451318584_AF1575.thumb.jpg.36ff2140143334890dcb96ff50f5db68.jpg

Honest question:

What if you kept manipulating it by PRESSING IT? You just kept pressing it, every day, professionally, for 365 days. What would it look like then? Any answer including, "A professional would stop pressing it at some point" will not be accepted. I want to press it. Everyday. for 365 days. What will it look like. An 8.0 or a 5.5?

3 hours ago, NoMan said:

Honest question:

What if you kept manipulating it by PRESSING IT? You just kept pressing it, every day, professionally, for 365 days. What would it look like then? Any answer including, "A professional would stop pressing it at some point" will not be accepted. I want to press it. Everyday. for 365 days. What will it look like. An 8.0 or a 5.5?

A blue label 1.0?  At some point, the spine would completely split and detach from the cover.  

4 hours ago, NoMan said:

Honest question:

you would probably hypothetically speaking get a detached brittle 0.5 poor blue label. then have to restore it back to 7.0 and get a purple label lol

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Is there a pressing line when it's pressed enough to inch up a grade, but if you press it one more time it falls to 1.0?

I am sure there is but u said everyday for 365 days I am sure it will press up a few times but days after I can see that grade slowly decrease as you see the paper probably stretch out staples detach cover gets moisture soaked possible become brittle from the heat and pressure and slowly deteriorate as each days pressing goes. lol all hypothetical as I am not a pressor so just guessing 

13 hours ago, joeypost said:

hm

DO IT !! DO IT!! lol you know you want to... :angel:

I think it’s holding value on but the real question is why are the other mega-keys not worth more in value?

One would think that if someone owns AF15, they would also want TOS39, X-men 1, Hulk 1, and FF1 in their collection too. 

I could easily see those books getting close to the same value as AF15.  Some are much more rare too. 

7 hours ago, Gruson said:

I think it’s holding value on but the real question is why are the other mega-keys not worth more in value?

One would think that if someone owns AF15, they would also want TOS39, X-men 1, Hulk 1, and FF1 in their collection too. 

I could easily see those books getting close to the same value as AF15.  Some are much more rare too. 

I would single out Hulk 1 as the rarest Marvel key. It has always been...60s 70s 80s 90s...

1 hour ago, peewee22 said:

I would single out Hulk 1 as the rarest Marvel key. It has always been...60s 70s 80s 90s...

Tta27 is considerably scarcer than hulk 1, and st110 likely on par too

but the word “rare” should not be associated with any marvel key I wouldn’t think?

Edited by G.A.tor

19 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Tta27 is considerably scarcer than hulk 1, and st110 likely on par too

but the word “rare” should not be associated with any marvel key I wouldn’t think?

Sorry I can't put TTA27 or ST110. in the same class as H1. :bigsmile: Yeah let's leave the word "rare" to that other company and it's SA keys. :baiting:

Edited by peewee22