• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

i gotta go fight people for toilet paper today. The Redhead is making me. I'm gonna bring my slabbed xmen collection 94-143 and a no-date submariner (old style - no maxi case) to trade for toilet paper if it comes to that. It's sad day for the hobby. 

need any help?

14 hours ago, buttock said:

Nope.  Roy is right.  Italy is telling hospitals to ignore the elderly.  In a catastrophic situation you triage those who are most likely to have the greatest benefit. 

Roy is always right. Ask Gotham Kid. :smile:

22 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

Why would the big players go out of business?

Perhaps because globally, there's a lost quarter of economic activity?  Or, an entity is unable to pay its debts as they mature.  This happens when an entity's liabilities exceed its assets.  As you can probably tell, my financial savvy has reached legendary status that transcends even these Boards.

3 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I know but I am simply not scared I get it believe me. I understand the situation just simply not in a category of at risk people. I just had a cold + fever so that could have been it very mild for 6 days. AM I going to go get tested no not a chance. Simply staying indoors for 2 weeks to self isolate.

If that was it this will be nothing for a whole lot of people. A sore throat 6 days and chills/minor fever as well.

It was just reported that the life cycle of the virus in your own body is 37 days. That's a long time. It's not clear if that would be the infectious cycle.  Feeling better may still leave you as a typhoid Mary if you did have it. There's simply not enough material coming out of the CDC. Getting tested is actually smart if you have family at the least. 

As to buying comics, my mood is damped down after the roller coaster in the stock market. Cash is so nice. 

14 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

It was just reported that the life cycle of the virus in your own body is 37 days. That's a long time. It's not clear if that would be the infectious cycle.  Feeling better may still leave you as a typhoid Mary if you did have it. There's simply not enough material coming out of the CDC. Getting tested is actually smart if you have family at the least. 

As to buying comics, my mood is damped down after the roller coaster in the stock market. Cash is so nice. 

Be careful touching that cash.

17 hours ago, buttock said:

Nope.  Roy is right.  Italy is telling hospitals to ignore the elderly.  In a catastrophic situation you triage those who are most likely to have the greatest benefit. 

Well, to contradict what Italy and Canada are doing, the US President just spoke and pretty much said our primary responsibility is caring for the elderly with the coronavirus. I assume he was speaking to the medical field too.

Well, now...Roy is wrong. :news:

Edited by peewee22

19 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Well, to contradict what Italy and Canada are doing, the US President just spoke and pretty much said our primary responsibility is caring for the elderly with the coronavirus. I assume he was speaking to the medical field too.

well, triage is a sorting process and you're going to get treated based on your likelyhood of surviving if there is a crush. That's true in a car crash too.  I think the point of mitigation and testing is to flatten the illness curve to a point where hospitals aren't overwhelemed.  Italy is pretty overwhelmed. 

1 minute ago, Glassman10 said:

well, triage is a sorting process and you're going to get treated based on your likelyhood of surviving if there is a crush. That's true in a car crash too.  I think the point of mitigation and testing is to flatten the illness curve to a point where hospitals aren't overwhelemed.  Italy is pretty overwhelmed. 

Well, now....maybe Roy is right again! :idea:

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

That's prevention, not in acute disaster setting.  Roy remains -- in this single instance -- correct.  Don't let it go to your head Roy. 

6 minutes ago, buttock said:

That's prevention, not in acute disaster setting.  Roy remains -- in this single instance -- correct.  Don't let it go to your head Roy. 

I'd vote for Roy.

5 hours ago, FattyDaddyComics said:

Perhaps because globally, there's a lost quarter of economic activity?  Or, an entity is unable to pay its debts as they mature.  This happens when an entity's liabilities exceed its assets.  As you can probably tell, my financial savvy has reached legendary status that transcends even these Boards.

Just curious why you singled out big players.  

51 minutes ago, peewee22 said:
58 minutes ago, buttock said:

I'd vote for Roy.

My vote is for Pedro

I understand the severity of this problem. My school will probably be closing some time next week.

Do precautions need to be taken? Of course. Can we just shut the whole country down for three months? F***ng No!

What if doctors decide that, "I'm not going to take any chances with my health. I refuse to go to the hospital until this threat is over."? Who will be taking care of the sick people? What if people who deliver food to the grocery store decide to stop for fear of their health? Will we have to resort to cannibalism? What if people who work for phone or cellular companies decide to stay home? At some point in time, something will occur to mess up our phones, and who will be there to fix it?

I'm 63, and I consider myself to be in good health. If I'm forced to stay in my house for a month, I don't know what I will do. I am trying to do a better job of washing my hands and covering my cough. But I refuse to put up barb wire around my house and sit on the front porch with a shotgun. I am going to try to use some common sense, but I am NOT going to become a hermit! in most of the grocery stores in my area, finding a time where when there are less than 200 people in the store would be difficult. Isn't this the exact type of personal interaction we're supposed to avoid?

Yes, use common sense and follow the guidelines as best you can. But staying cooped up in my home for over a month will lead to me having mental health problems. Which is worse? Dying from the Coronavirus or committing suicide? Either way, you'll still be dead.

The current mortality rate is somewhere between 3% - 4%. This means the survival rate is somewhere between 96% - 97%, Unfortunately, we never hear that mentioned on the news, be it CNN or Fox News.

And lastly, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. You shouldn't be stupid about it. I ride a bike on a regular basis, and believe me, I have had some close calls. Am I going to stop riding my bike because there is a chance I could die in an accident? NO! Suppose I survive the Coronavirus by staying in my home for 3 months. Who's to say I won't get in a car accident 2 weeks after the worst of the pandemic has passed?

27 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I understand the severity of this problem. My school will probably be closing some time next week.

Do precautions need to be taken? Of course. Can we just shut the whole country down for three months? F***ng No!

What if doctors decide that, "I'm not going to take any chances with my health. I refuse to go to the hospital until this threat is over."? Who will be taking care of the sick people? What if people who deliver food to the grocery store decide to stop for fear of their health? Will we have to resort to cannibalism? What if people who work for phone or cellular companies decide to stay home? At some point in time, something will occur to mess up our phones, and who will be there to fix it?

I'm 63, and I consider myself to be in good health. If I'm forced to stay in my house for a month, I don't know what I will do. I am trying to do a better job of washing my hands and covering my cough. But I refuse to put up barb wire around my house and sit on the front porch with a shotgun. I am going to try to use some common sense, but I am NOT going to become a hermit! in most of the grocery stores in my area, finding a time where when there are less than 200 people in the store would be difficult. Isn't this the exact type of personal interaction we're supposed to avoid?

Yes, use common sense and follow the guidelines as best you can. But staying cooped up in my home for over a month will lead to me having mental health problems. Which is worse? Dying from the Coronavirus or committing suicide? Either way, you'll still be dead.

The current mortality rate is somewhere between 3% - 4%. This means the survival rate is somewhere between 96% - 97%, Unfortunately, we never hear that mentioned on the news, be it CNN or Fox News.

And lastly, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. You shouldn't be stupid about it. I ride a bike on a regular basis, and believe me, I have had some close calls. Am I going to stop riding my bike because there is a chance I could die in an accident? NO! Suppose I survive the Coronavirus by staying in my home for 3 months. Who's to say I won't get in a car accident 2 weeks after the worst of the pandemic has passed?

Well said.

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

but will AF15 survive? I'm rubbing mine with hydrogen peroxide solution. If I don't I  fear AF15 will not survive, but is rubbing the book with hydrogen peroxide considered restoration?

Yes because it will whiten the pages :nyah:

I've spent the day watching my local community reacting. Some are really preparing, some in substantial denial about spread. It runs on two levels. The first is denial that finance will be affected and the second that tough guys will bull through getting the disease. I don't think either is accurate. We haven't had a downturn economy for 12 years now and many  were teenagers in their parent's houses in the last one which offered up the world for sale on the side of the road.  I went by our hospital today and could see the ER was utterly unprepared. 

You can't wipe that many trillion dollars off the books without seening hesitation to even breathe in and out. You can't really pull off barroom talk about getting it and powering thorugh without some people shaking their heads but it's stood up to scrutiny in bars for years. 

My take here is that I didn't lose so much as to fall off the edge of the world but it leaves me not making casual investments either. Comics are a very low priority. I'll spend the summer in the garden and cutting firewood avoiding human contact. 

Edited by Glassman10
spelling, always spelling..