• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, namisgr said:
20 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I'd expect US numbers to sky rocket because up until a week or so ago they only had 77 people tested. :eek:

Source?

Logic, for one. The US tested 77 cases while SK had tested 144,000.

Yes, I understand that SK was closer to the outbreak, but really, are you really going to question US numbers skyrocketing? It's common, reported knowledge that the US was delaying testing longer than most rational people thought was reasonable.

Also, NYC Mayor De Blasio, who was quoted yesterday as saying

“We’re in a period where we have a very few days and weeks to prepare for a massive number of cases,” he said. “It’s not that long before we hit 10,000 cases.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/new-yorkers-should-be-prepared-for-a-shelter-in-place-order-mayor-bill-de-blasio-says.html

That's NYC alone.

30 minutes ago, VintageComics said:
4 hours ago, namisgr said:
20 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I'd expect US numbers to sky rocket because up until a week or so ago they only had 77 people tested. :eek:

Source?

Logic, for one. The US tested 77 cases while SK had tested 144,000.

Not sure how true these numbers are since I heard it on a news report (fake news??) a couple of weeks ago.  (shrug)

Anyways, the news report stated that 10,000 tests were being done a day in South Korea, while China were doing up to 200,000 tests a day during their peak before being able to get it under control.  Apparently, by that time, the province of B.C. had done more testing than all of the United States combined, since they didn't believe it was real because it was happening somewhere else and not to them at that point in time.  :facepalm:  :censored:

5 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure how true these numbers are since I heard it on a news report (fake news??) a couple of weeks ago.  (shrug)

Anyways, the news report stated that 10,000 tests were being done a day in South Korea, while China were doing up to 200,000 tests a day during their peak before being able to get it under control.  Apparently, by that time, the province of B.C. had done more testing than all of the United States combined, since they didn't believe it was real because it was happening somewhere else and not to them at that point in time.  :facepalm:  :censored:

Watch that ":censored:" language as you are already on double secret probation. lol

2 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Chinese wet market. Yum.

What's missing from that picture is the live animals peeing and pooping on each other.

Anyway, in an effort to try to keep most of the chat forum fun and light and about comics (because we all need a fun place to hang out through all of this) I'm not going to keep posting here about CV-19

There's a few good threads going on in another places including the Water Cooler if people want to chat about CV-19

Edited by VintageComics

4 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

What's missing from that picture is the live animals peeing and pooping on each other.

Anyway, in an effort to try to keep most of the chat forum fun and light and about comics (because we all need a fun place to hang out through all of this) I'm not going to keep posting here about CV-19

There's a few good threads going on in another places including the Water Cooler if people want to chat about CV-19

Yeah good point

Edited by peewee22

1 hour ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Expect a new virus every few years they will bring the whole world to it's knees. How many times can this happen before the world gets pissed off and does something about it.

Come to Australia. Months of fires, then floods and now plague. It has been positively biblical.

Edited by World Devourer

3 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

What I see coming is the NWO and a one world leader (guess who that will be offering a solution to all of our problems), one world currency and so on. I could explain this but will not not on a comic forum. I could be wrong and this may be the wrong moment in time or it could be the right moment in time. Anybody would like a FREE micro chip placed under their skin....only way to shop/buy in this new system. Like I said could be the current moment in time or maybe not yet.

It all starts with a pyramid and a single eye.

But hey what do I know right. Just a old foul I am.

It must in a comic book I once read or in a fortune cookie. But I am only 1% sure. The remaining 99% is just confusion and feels like a daily illusion.

Anyone up for a vaccine they are testing last I heard they where giving $1100. Could buy you a page of AF15 graded by CGC.

I think the idea of one world currency is not so far fetched.

As for the vaccine, ready by mid-next for the mass population.

Fortunately, not a lethal virus for most.

On 3/18/2020 at 5:24 PM, VintageComics said:

I agree, even though I am guilty of posting about CV-19. I am following this thread in the Water Cooler forum.

Have we seen the end of high dollar Grail silver age keys? I think so.. Unless they are a Af 15 7.0 and over or for that matter any top silver age marvel over 7.0 will survive a crash better then the lower grades will.. Most sellers who deal in Grail marvel silver keys will have a cut off price before they loose there shirts and completely tank a book just to get any price out of it.. It's pure suicide of anyone does that. I would rather take a Af 15 3.0 or whatever grade for that matter to the grave  then cut my throat and take 30-50% loss..

Edited by Kalel38

1 hour ago, Jasanity said:

A 5.0 was going for 10k in 2013 I remeber it well and it doubled to 20k in 2014/15. Has this taken a huge step backwards ooooh my tell me it isn't so... 😳😳😳 This is not I repeat not a good time to sell unless u litterly have no other choice. And this wil def leave u speechless when finally sales are final.. As Harry Carrey once said. Holy Cow!!!'

1 hour ago, Jasanity said:

8 hours ago, Kalel38 said:

A 5.0 was going for 10k in 2013 I remeber it well and it doubled to 20k in 2014/15. Has this taken a huge step backwards ooooh my tell me it isn't so... 😳😳😳 This is not I repeat not a good time to sell unless u litterly have no other choice. And this wil def leave u speechless when finally sales are final.. As Harry Carrey once said. Holy Cow!!!'

Come back in a couple of years and see what prices on AF15 are doing. And the stock market...

maybe Steve Ditko was right and I was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for paying the kind of money I did for a comic book.

I honestly like the Ditko letter better than the AF15.

Coming in 20 years for all to laugh. (either at me or for me or with me remains to be seen....)

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, Batmanis#1 said:

With the current government we may just see that let everyone get the virus and those who survive survive and those who do not well. Am I for this or not can't say I am neither a doctor or politician. Trump is giving 15 days of isolation but he is a businessman 1st not a doctor. He may just decide the economy comes first over saving lives after those 15 days are over. He tends to listen to himself over others.

But we will have to wait and see what he does. But he seems fed up already with the isolation. He just wants to get things rolling.

Thing is in modern times where do you put all the bodies if so many die in a short period of time. You can't just dig large holes and dump them in there not in 2020 people all want funerals for each and everyone that is the way they where raised. It would be a huge shock to people to see people put in massive graves. And political suicide for Trump.

What happens when you drift onto a comic book site for some fun and a grim day?  Let's see, where to put the corpses when social darwinism comes to town. Gee, I dunno, San Diego Comic Con? Hey, let's see if our front line Health Care workers/ first responders survive with no help from us. Are they tough enough? Yeah, you're not a doctor. It kinda shows.