• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

People selling right now are either crazy, scared or desperate for cash. Just wait till this all blows over things will get back to normal. In a while all this will behind us and life will simply go on. There will still be plenty of comic book collectors and things will be fine. Spidey will be OK top hero in the SA.

100% when desperate people need cash they will cause a cascade of a mess storm when a book drops because they will take what they can. You wanna save the comic market from dropping stop selling on auctions without a reserve.. If they don't sell ah well..

19 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

People selling right now are either crazy, scared or desperate for cash. Just wait till this all blows over things will get back to normal. In a while all this will behind us and life will simply go on. There will still be plenty of comic book collectors and things will be fine. Spidey will be OK top hero in the SA.

Very true. Now is a time to wait.

You might be able to obtain a key issue for less if looking at the right time, but it would have to be substantial.

We live in a time when information moves as fast as light and people's attention spans and reactions are highly exaggerated because of it.

Markets swing with force and ferocity and in a wider range than anyone expects.

Zooming out the lens offers perspective and the further out you zoom the more perspective you have. Zooming in to today's news offers very little perspective.

Some people will either panic sell or sell because they feel they need to. Others will hold and some I know are buying like crazy now.

39 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

I  don't get it? Who cares what it's worth? I mean I have 2 AF15 3.0 ( I have about 30k in trade/cash into both of them, both good deals at the time ) & one 7.5 that I bought in 1988 for $1500 by picking blueberries all summer. I cherish all 3 of them, they are the first appearance of my favorite SA hero,  the cover is arguably the most iconic cover of any era drawn by a king, the interior art features my favorite artist at the height of his artistic peak imho. Oh yea it was written by a legend. All these year later I still get chills looking at any copy of this book. So if you own a copy stop stressing what it's worth today, yesterday or next week  just say I am in the club" I own an AF 15"   f#ck life is good, be safe fellow club members :)

:golfclap:(thumbsu

3 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

I  don't get it? Who cares what it's worth? I mean I have 2 AF15 3.0 ( I have about 30k in trade/cash into both of them, both good deals at the time ) & one 7.5 that I bought in 1988 for $1500 by picking blueberries all summer. I cherish all 3 of them, they are the first appearance of my favorite SA hero,  the cover is arguably the most iconic cover of any era drawn by a king, the interior art features my favorite artist at the height of his artistic peak imho. Oh yea it was written by a legend. All these year later I still get chills looking at any copy of this book. So if you own a copy stop stressing what it's worth today, yesterday or next week  just say I am in the club" I own an AF 15"   f#ck life is good, be safe fellow club members :)

Great quote.. I have several AF 15s aswell and yes I don't stress what it's worth up or down. I just know just having them and key ASM issues is what I love collecting and cherishing. Enjoy the hobby folks stop stressing on investment gain on what u love collecting. 

I plan to keep selling as usual, and will be posting some epic stuff within the week, but won't be pricing them at super apocalypse-level-low-prices (99% of them will be good deals, but one is actually above GPA cause of what it is). If they sell great, but if not it isn't a huge issue since I'm not currently desperate for stuff. Comic life can go on for sellers, as there are plenty of people still buying as normal.

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

Enjoying the comic for what it is, and being interested in its market, are not mutually exclusive. 

My point was that even before this crisis there just seemed to be a lot of gloom around AF15 for SOME PEOPLE here on the boards. Yes CMV will always be a factor at this point in the hobby & it's a fun part of the ride no doubt.  Your 100% right enjoying the comic for what it is, and being interested in its market, are not mutually exclusive. However, during these dark days I was just trying to remind us all about how significant the book is to our hobby, I mean it's arguably the 3rd most important comic character.... ever imho & how cool it is to own any AF 15.

14 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

My point was that even before this crisis there just seemed to be a lot of gloom around AF15 for SOME PEOPLE here on the boards. Yes CMV will always be a factor at this point in the hobby & it's a fun part of the ride no doubt.  Your 100% right enjoying the comic for what it is, and being interested in its market, are not mutually exclusive. However, during these dark days I was just trying to remind us all about how significant the book is to our hobby, I mean it's arguably the 3rd most important comic character.... ever imho & how cool it is to own any AF 15.

Well said.. Anyone who owns this historic book and character congrats.. 👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Next for me in GA is Captain America Comics 1 and Batman 1 and in SA Hulk 1 and SC4. As far as teams go X-Men is it for me. SC22 is pretty cool as well.

X-men I love as the best group or team 100%!! Spot on. I watched the cartoons back in the 90s and that was it for me also with the amazing Spider-Man cartoon was my thing 😀👏

46 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:
50 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Well said to me AF15 and TEC27 are the 2 kings of the hobby. I am not a Superman guy at all.

No other character more popular then Spider-Man or Batman.. Superman I love but in today's world he doesn't fly.. 

Probably true, but if you hand me a copy of Action 1 or Supes 1, I'll be right there to happily take it off your hands. :takeit:

20 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Next for me in GA is Captain America Comics 1 and Batman 1 and in SA Hulk 1 and SC4. As far as teams go X-Men is it for me. SC22 is pretty cool as well. No disrespect to FF1 just not my series it is Iconic without question. Would I like to own FF1 sure would maybe will be my goal for 2020.

I read this too fast and thought you said "She-Hulk 1" ... almost did a spit-take.