• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Batmanis#1 said:
2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

From my notes, CC sold an 8.0 copy on 12/19 for $192k and another one for $120k on 2/19. I think this Heritage copy did fine.

I could be wrong maybe one single copy someone just had to own went for $260 000 in 2017. Again that happens one person pays way way to much years before it actually is worth that.

Edited 1 hour ago by Batmanis#1

No you are right that someone paid $260k for a CGC 8.0 with a CVA sticker on it, but then after two months of holding the book, the seller decided to flip the book and it sold for less @ $235k. I think that was a strong price then and now.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:
3 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:
4 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

From my notes, CC sold an 8.0 copy on 12/19 for $192k and another one for $120k on 2/19. I think this Heritage copy did fine.

I could be wrong maybe one single copy someone just had to own went for $260 000 in 2017. Again that happens one person pays way way to much years before it actually is worth that.

Edited 1 hour ago by Batmanis#1

No you are right that someone paid $260k for a CGC 8.0 with a CVA sticker on it, but then after two months of holding the book, the seller decided to flip the book and it sold for less @ $235k. I think that was a strong price then and now.

Although I do indeed see the $192K sale on CC back a few months ago in December of 2019, I can't seem to see the one for $120K earlier in 2019.  Their archive is definitely not as user friendly as the HA archives since you have to click onto the actual book before you can see the price and the date, although there's no dates for the non-auction sales.  But still a whole lot better than CL which basically erases all of their sales history from their bidders.  :frustrated:  :censored:

Well, since that $260K sale had a CVA sticker with the book, it must have been one from CL and the reason why we don't have any sales history on it.  If I remember correctly, that was most likely a couple of years ago right during the peak of the market for pretty much all copies of AF 15 at the time.  hm

22 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Although I do indeed see the $192K sale on CC back a few months ago in December of 2019, I can't seem to see the one for $120K earlier in 2019.  Their archive is definitely not as user friendly as the HA archives since you have to click onto the actual book before you can see the price and the date, although there's no dates for the non-auction sales.  But still a whole lot better than CL which basically erases all of their sales history from their bidders.  :frustrated:  :censored:

Well, since that $260K sale had a CVA sticker with the book, it must have been one from CL and the reason why we don't have any sales history on it.  If I remember correctly, that was most likely a couple of years ago right during the peak of the market for pretty much all copies of AF 15 at the time.  hm

It sure was. Yes, the $260k sale was from CL .  AF 15 will rebound from its recent lows, might be seeing it now.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:05 PM, lou_fine said:

You probably can’t see the $120K sale because it was cancelled. It was a CBCS 8.0, but was discovered that it was previously a CGC 8.0 that was trimmed. Came back unrestored whoever deslabbed the CGC version and sent it to cbcs. Once that was out in the open the buyer who I know naturally backed out of the sale.

Edited by LDarkseid1

7 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

You probably can’t see the $120K sale because it was cancelled. It was a CBCS 8.0, but was discovered that it was previously a CGC 8.0 that was trimmed. Came back unrestored whoever deslabbed the CGC version and sent it to cbcs. Once that was out in the open the buyer who I know naturally backed out of the sale.

I think we can safely say AF15 in 8.0 is a 200k book. (thumbsu

24 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

Tell that the Heritage consignor. Minus what he paid in commission.

Edited by Gotham Kid

22 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tell that the Heritage consignor. Minus what he paid in commission.

big pic avg of all the sales not just one transaction. :tink:

48 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

big pic avg of all the sales not just one transaction. :tink:

put your copy up for auction and we'll find out :baiting:

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

put your copy up for auction and we'll find out :baiting:

2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Last copy just sold for $180K 👍😉

Ok, fellas.........let's just quit :slapfight:  :slapfight: and place your bets as to whether the 8.0 copy in this current CC auction is going to pass the Heritage juiced in price of $180K or not?  hm  :taptaptap:

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Ok, fellas.........let's just quit :slapfight:  :slapfight: and place your bets as to whether the 8.0 copy in this current CC auction is going to pass the Heritage juiced in price of $180K or not?  hm  :taptaptap:

I say it won't

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I say it won't

Depends on if sales tax is involved.  Let’s assume the heritage copy required the buyer to pay taxes.  So buyer probably paid close to $200k.  

I have no idea where the cc will hammer at but it’ll be 10 percent less if the final bidders needs to pay taxes. For me 10 percent is a huge deal.  I don’t care how rich you are but 10 percent is a huge deal

10 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

What auction website did this $120K sale or shall we say non-sale took place back in February of 2019?  ???

14 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Depends on if sales tax is involved.  Let’s assume the heritage copy required the buyer to pay taxes.  So buyer probably paid close to $200k.  

I have no idea where the cc will hammer at but it’ll be 10 percent less if the final bidders needs to pay taxes. For me 10 percent is a huge deal.  I don’t care how rich you are but 10 percent is a huge deal

Not sure how practical it is to try to keep track of prices since it is already hard enough to right now, and now you are expecting us to keep track of individual state taxes.  O.o 

Especially since the location of the buyer has always resulted in additional ancillary costs in the past before and we never bothered with them at that time.  Especially in the case of foreign buyers where there is usuallly a rather stiff customs import duty involved.  hm

2 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:
44 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

What auction website did this $120K sale or shall we say non-sale took place back in February of 2019?  ???

C-link

Well, if it's CL, then it's no wonder as we can't see ANY of their sales or non-sales for that matter.  :p

42 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if it's CL, then it's no wonder as we can't see ANY of their sales or non-sales for that matter.  :p

If you go here on their site you can see results for a lot of auctioned books as far back as 2007.

0C38AC43-46F2-42C8-9AAE-A81FF677EC0E.jpeg

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

i understand the who what where of the term "juice" when it comes to HA. My questions is it a pejorative term. Your book is really only worth "x" but with the "juice" included it's now worth "xx."

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

18% in Calli