• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

GPA shows the last 6.0 selling a mere 4 months ago for $56,866..... so we're only talking about a mere $39,134 increase!!!

I'm loving the name of this thread more and more every day and I think we should endeavor to keep it.

Edited by gadzukes

2 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

For all those panic sellers they sell to fast always thinking this is it this is the highest a book will go. Then bang it goes higher.

What makes you say these recent sales are from “panic sellers?” Maybe it was just time for them to sell

The 3.0 sale for $30,000 is much more significant (march 24th)

Lower grades are jumping too - a rising tide lifts all boats....

Edited by Beige

I have pretty mixed emotions on this. 

I picked up my first AF15 recently. It was a .5 missing a back cover.  Right when I got it I figured my one goal goal for 2021 would be to get a complete copy. 2.0 - 3.0. 

That window is likely closed without a market collection. 

So, I'm disappointed I won't be able to get that Complete universal Blue Label, but I am happy to have got a copy right before the big price swings. 

1 minute ago, Omaha-CGC-Comics said:

Maybe I am missing something, or don't understand something, but how does a book sell on April 4th, when it is only the 1st?

simple listing mistake.  I think the auction is April 1 - 4 so they just put April 4 by mistake

On 4/2/2021 at 4:28 PM, NoMan said:

Not sure these quickly escalating high prices will serve the hobby in the long run. 

bump....................................................

Not sure these quickly escalating high prices will serve the hobby in the long run

On 4/2/2021 at 12:45 AM, gadzukes said:

Last GPA 2.0 sold for $18,000.  Wow.

seems pretty flat from a 5 second search; I'm surprised its not down more as compared to the discussion above in 2021.

Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC GD 2.0 Off-white pages....

Auction 122334 | Lot: 15213 | Aug 21, 2023
Sold For:  $20,400.00 

On 10/11/2023 at 2:28 PM, Bronty said:

seems pretty flat from a 5 second search; I'm surprised its not down more as compared to the discussion above in 2021.

Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC GD 2.0 Off-white pages....

Auction 122334 | Lot: 15213 | Aug 21, 2023
Sold For:  $20,400.00 

Such a great book to buy right now at no reserve auction. Buy it now ask prices tend to be over priced, save for a few decent offers here and there.