• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

Make it more simple.

If there really are 10,000 copies of AF15 out there, buyers are getting a lot more picky about what they'll pay for  in what condition.  That's a bit different than 3 years back. There are still fish on the pond. 

It's not like it's action 1. 

Are you saying that GPA doesn't provide you with any of the background details on their numbers? ???

If this is the case, you can probably go into GoCollect since I believe they DO provide you with some of the background information depending upon the type of service which you had subsrcibed to.  hm  (thumbsu

43 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Whooa wow, latest GPA and also mentioned by ChicagoBoy, that a 6.5 copy sold for $100k!?!  Anyone know any details? Pix, where it sold etc.?  It seems to be AF 15 is trending upwards again.. Possibly...

I hope all the non believers will come back and post comments. :baiting: 

53 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Whooa wow, latest GPA and also mentioned by ChicagoBoy, that a 6.5 copy sold for $100k!?!  Anyone know any details? Pix, where it sold etc.?  It seems to be AF 15 is trending upwards again.. Possibly...

Looks good to me.  :grin:

-J.

*cough* call me skeptical.

Bob Storms, who probably sells more AF15s than anyone, or at least sells them on a very regular basis, recently sold a truly nice looking 6.0 for 60K. I say 'truly' because I took the time to closely examine the offered copy. In terms of 6.0 grade it couldn't get better.

I also don't recall ever seeing a copy listed on his site with MC and all the other usual defects. The vast majority offered have nice reds, glossy, nice registration, no MC etc. Kudos to him for that.

So you mean to tell me 0.5 translated to 40K more ?

Capture.thumb.JPG.cdf69dfe722757cc241e7cae55bab9fd.JPG

Who was the seller of the "100K 6.5" ? all_things_comics ? lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

*cough* call me skeptical.

Bob Storms, who probably sells more AF15s than anyone, or at least sells them on a very regular basis, recently sold a truly nice looking 6.0 for 60K. I say 'truly' because I took the time to closely examine the offered copy. In terms of 6.0 grade it couldn't get better.

I also don't recall ever seeing a copy listed on his site with MC and all the other usual defects. The vast majority offered have nice reds, glossy, nice registration, no MC etc. Kudos to him for that.

So you mean to tell me 0.5 translated to 40K more ?

Capture.thumb.JPG.cdf69dfe722757cc241e7cae55bab9fd.JPG

Who was the seller of the "100K 6.5" ? all_things_comics ? lol

Well in fairness, prior to this sale, there was a similar spread between a 6.5 and a 7.0...

-J.

So do we get to wait until February now to say the sky is falling, (or that there is a new record)? First glance says this might be the most pressed 9.4 there is, but hey  - buy the label.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7224-35009.s?

2 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

So do we get to wait until February now to say the sky is falling, (or that there is a new record)? First glance says this might be the most pressed 9.4 there is, but hey  - buy the label.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7224-35009.s?

Costanza'd.  But beautiful cover colors.

34 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Yes indeed, as I can certainly imagine that.  (thumbsu

Thank God for the CR - OW pages, because if it had been those nasty all White pages, the book would not have gone for anywhere close to $100K. :blahblah:  :blahblah:   lol

It actually says the Best Offer Price was accepted.  Nor exactly how GPA works in this particular sitauation, but it makes me wonder if the final accepted price is quite far south of the $99,999.99 listed fix price?  hm

Edited by lou_fine