• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

lol it sort of looks like the nipples are eyes and the chest is smiling at you.With the thumbs up just under,it's just so positive,makes me feel that things might just be okay! :banana:

It makes me lol. 

13 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Well gets me wondering when will SA cycle out of this mess. Was this the all-time high SA keys will ever see (prices about a year ago on most books)?

Seriously is there even a single SA key that is hot at the moment?

step off the ledge.  it'll be ok ;) 

this happens from time to time. like peewee said.  it cycles.  :baiting:

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

AF 5.5 @ 36.5k

3 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Seriously what is going on with SA keys? Kinda sad to witness.

Yes, I am quite sure the consignor of this copy here would be none too happy with the auction result here.  :censored:  :cry:

Almost makes me wonder if the biggest 2-day drop in history that took place in the stock market today might have put a dampener on some of the bidding here?  hm  (shrug)

12 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Hope you are correct. Off the cliff I go I should be OK with my Batman suit right lolll!!

if it makes you feel any better, if I correctly read the HA auction email I briefly skimmed over, some kinda Playstation game station-thingee is currently going at 300k and some Romita ASM OA is going for 150K.

But who knows what's real anymore and what's not. 

Edited by NoMan

9 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, I am quite sure the consignor of this copy here would be none too happy with the auction result here.  :censored:  :cry:

Almost makes me wonder if the biggest 2-day drop in history that took place in the stock market today might have put a dampener on some of the bidding here?  hm  (shrug)

I can say for dead certain it did

10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

You need to adjust the zoom back a little on your telescope. The sky isn't falling unless you're a corporate boardroom and you're looking for a massive increase every year.

People are starting to lose perspective. NOTHING can sustain massive increases year after year. Just 4 years ago this book went for under $30K and about 6 years ago it wasn't even a $20K book.

If anything, the book is on exactly the rising trajectory it would have been on if we didn't see the sudden increases we saw 3 years ago when a few copies that were improvable set outlier records.

I know some people who are re-aligning their 401ks from the big Dow drop. And some collectors probably dumping AF15. Big mistakes. They will surely bounce back.

3 hours ago, peewee22 said:

. And some collectors probably dumping AF15. Big mistakes. They will surely bounce back.

i agree with this wholeheartedly. just like buying stocks when they are down, it's a great time to get a nice AF15 before things start upwards again. i would have made a play for that book but have other needs for my $$ just now. it was a nice looking copy too, which there don't seem to be that many of at this grade or lower over the last year, at least as far as auction sites go. 

On 6/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, 1Cool said:

AF 15 seemed to have a surge in prices over the last 5 years that really couldn't be explained since popularity in spider-man hasn't exploded over the last 5 years.  Unexpected spikes in prices are usually followed by price corrections. 

Excuse me, WHAT?! Popularity in Spider-man rose to an all time high in the past 5 years when he finally became part of the MCU. And they also portrayed a younger spidey, and a comic accurate one power wise. And he starred in 2 of the biggest movies of all time, along with his own films. Plus, just think about it, a Spider-man movie won best animated film at the 2019 oscars. Plus both his creator died 2 years ago making their work even more brought to the forefront to the entire world with homages and remembrances, with Spidey being their most famous creation.

So the surge of the past 5 years has a bunch of factors to explain it. We are nose deep in this stuff so we might not seen it, but the past 5 years have made Spidey more popular than ever before.

16 hours ago, VintageComics said:

You need to adjust the zoom back a little on your telescope. The sky isn't falling unless you're a corporate boardroom and you're looking for a massive increase every year.

People are starting to lose perspective. NOTHING can sustain massive increases year after year. Just 4 years ago this book went for under $30K and about 6 years ago it wasn't even a $20K book.

If anything, the book is on exactly the rising trajectory it would have been on if we didn't see the sudden increases we saw 3 years ago when a few copies that were improvable set outlier records.

Seriously.  

11 hours ago, peewee22 said:

I know some people who are re-aligning their 401ks from the big Dow drop. And some collectors probably dumping AF15. Big mistakes. They will surely bounce back.

7 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i agree with this wholeheartedly. just like buying stocks when they are down, it's a great time to get a nice AF15 before things start upwards again. i would have made a play for that book but have other needs for my $$ just now. it was a nice looking copy too, which there don't seem to be that many of at this grade or lower over the last year, at least as far as auction sites go. 

He who panics first, panics best. :fear: 

12 hours ago, delekkerste said:
On 2/26/2020 at 9:50 AM, peewee22 said:

20 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

He who panics first, panics best. :fear: 

Probably one of the rare situations where there was no need for panic as investors had ample warning signs well in advance this time.  hm

Especially since this whole Corona Virus came to light well over a month ago and investors had a whole month to reduce their exposure while the market kept setting new highs in the interim which made absolutely no sense to me.  :screwy:

On 2/26/2020 at 12:34 AM, lou_fine said:

The markets have lost trillions in value this week and it's hard to see it not affecting discretionary investing like comics.  The people in trouble with that are the people who can't sit on their collections, or their stocks and have to sell. The ones that do well, buy low and sell high. That is a very low price for a 5.5. It would indeed be interesting if more AF15's hit the auction market simply because people needed cash. 

14 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

By the amount of GA keys such as Cap 1, Supes 1, Bat 1 coming to market in such a short period of time (specially for Cap 1 and Supes 1 where in previous years a few copies per year pop up for sale), yeah some are panicking.

cap1 8.0 for offer

https://www.metropoliscomics.com/item/875923