So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,006 posts in this topic

4,844 posts
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

This is worth discussing as it's a common misconception about CV-19 that people are worried about getting the virus.

Sure everyone is worried, but chances are that most people WILL encounter the virus just like most people will encounter other viruses like the flu.

The majority of the risk is not to everyone's health. The majority of the risk is to those who have other, previous underlying health problems and the elderly.

Most people will ride it out and recover, but the weak and infirm who won't fight it off easily are at greater risk.

And the majority of the risk is that the medical industry gets so overwhelmed that it won't be able to treat everyone and so will have to divert efforts to younger patients who have a better chance of recovery and withhold medical care to those that may have a smaller chance of recovery.

So what the battle plan is really, is to slow down the spread of the virus as much as possible over as long a period of time as possible so that the medical industry can tackle patients. 

I would think it would be the opposite. Help those who have a higher risk of mortality and let the younger ones ride it out. 90% of youth will probably fight it off naturally.

Any cases in Canada yet?

Edited by peewee22

283 posts
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

I would think it would be the opposite. Help those who have a higher risk of mortality and let the younger ones ride it out. 90% of youth will probably fight it off naturally.

Any cases in Canada yet?

They say about 150 I do not believe it one bit. Probably 1000's if not 10 000's already (some already cured and some starting to get ill or on the process to get ill) Like I said most will not waste 2 minutes of their lives to go get tested. Whoppy your positive now what they cannot cure you. And if you do not have it you then will because your around so many sick people. This is just human nature mos twill just ride it out sick or not and then going on with life. Only those who panic or are very sick will get tested.

I am one of them I get sick I will self isolate myself then move on with life. Rinse and repeat if need be. Test for what? Go to the hospital for what if you are not super super sick? There is no cure.

This is not diabetes or cancer where you need to know you have it. I may be wrong on my way of dealing with this but no way in hell am I going to a hospital unless absolutely necessary.

Edited by Batmanis#1

283 posts
Posted (edited)

Even the Canadian prime minister and his wife are now in self isolation. They may have it. They look less sick than I have seen people with a common cold (or 2-3 beers for most people). Same for Tom Hanks and his wife.

They look healthy as can be and they will be immune and move on with life.

The NBA player that tested positive was so healthy he was ready to play a 60 minute game.

Yes I know some will get hit real hard but most 80% or more will just be mildly sick to almost not having any symptoms.

Experts say it should all be OK by June. Good luck not getting the virus in a 3 month period.

Be prepared food wise and water wise and medicine wise and so on that is all you can do. And expect to get the virus.

Edited by Batmanis#1

283 posts

I guess I forgot some employers will request proof of been sick.

9,890 posts
5 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Any cases in Canada yet?

Nope.  Roy is right.  Italy is telling hospitals to ignore the elderly.  In a catastrophic situation you triage those who are most likely to have the greatest benefit. 

96,190 posts
1 hour ago, buttock said:

Roy is right.

I'm going to bronze these words and hang them around my neck like an 80's Hip Hop star the next time I see you.

9,890 posts
7 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I'm going to bronze these words and hang them around my neck like an 80's Hip Hop star the next time I see you.

Roy WAS right.  

3,993 posts

roy's got some damn fine Dark Knight Return #1 9.8s. That would be too much for neckless (along with the "Roy was Right" neckless) so I suggest getting a grill like the rappers, fake gold teeth,  and it could say he has the best DKRs

878 posts
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I hope I get the virus so I can get immune to it and move on with life. And that is not a joke. Sick for a little while big deal then free and can just move around without any care.

Did China not take like 2 months before letting the world know. A lot of people have already had it and thought they just had a mild flu.

Edited by Glassman10
duplicate post

878 posts
15 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I hope I get the virus so I can get immune to it and move on with life. And that is not a joke. Sick for a little while big deal then free and can just move around without any care.

Did China not take like 2 months before letting the world know. A lot of people have already had it and thought they just had a mild flu.

Be careful what you wish for. The current definition of a "mIld case is one not actually requiring oxygen. 

The chinese actually had a remarkable methodology for breaking the outbreak down. It's worth looking at. 

3,993 posts

i gotta go fight people for toilet paper today. The Redhead is making me. I'm gonna bring my slabbed xmen collection 94-143 and a no-date submariner (old style - no maxi case) to trade for toilet paper if it comes to that. It's sad day for the hobby. 

96,190 posts
3 hours ago, buttock said:

Roy WAS right.  

Now I'm a has been. A washed up former 80's Hip Hop star.

283 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Glassman10 said:

Be careful what you wish for. The current definition of a "mIld case is one not actually requiring oxygen. 

The chinese actually had a remarkable methodology for breaking the outbreak down. It's worth looking at. 

I know but I am simply not scared I get it believe me. I understand the situation just simply not in a category of at risk people. I just had a cold + fever so that could have been it very mild for 6 days. AM I going to go get tested no not a chance. Simply staying indoors for 2 weeks to self isolate.

If that was it this will be nothing for a whole lot of people. A sore throat 6 days and chills/minor fever as well.

Edited by Batmanis#1

9,890 posts
9 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Now I'm a has been. A washed up former 80's Hip Hop star.

Dumped like flavor flav.

1,111 posts
1 hour ago, NoMan said:

i gotta go fight people for toilet paper today. The Redhead is making me. I'm gonna bring my slabbed xmen collection 94-143 and a no-date submariner (old style - no maxi case) to trade for toilet paper if it comes to that. It's sad day for the hobby. 

need any help?

4,844 posts
14 hours ago, buttock said:

Nope.  Roy is right.  Italy is telling hospitals to ignore the elderly.  In a catastrophic situation you triage those who are most likely to have the greatest benefit. 

Roy is always right. Ask Gotham Kid. :smile:

37 posts
22 hours ago, KPR Comics said:

Why would the big players go out of business?

Perhaps because globally, there's a lost quarter of economic activity?  Or, an entity is unable to pay its debts as they mature.  This happens when an entity's liabilities exceed its assets.  As you can probably tell, my financial savvy has reached legendary status that transcends even these Boards.

878 posts
3 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I know but I am simply not scared I get it believe me. I understand the situation just simply not in a category of at risk people. I just had a cold + fever so that could have been it very mild for 6 days. AM I going to go get tested no not a chance. Simply staying indoors for 2 weeks to self isolate.

If that was it this will be nothing for a whole lot of people. A sore throat 6 days and chills/minor fever as well.

It was just reported that the life cycle of the virus in your own body is 37 days. That's a long time. It's not clear if that would be the infectious cycle.  Feeling better may still leave you as a typhoid Mary if you did have it. There's simply not enough material coming out of the CDC. Getting tested is actually smart if you have family at the least. 

As to buying comics, my mood is damped down after the roller coaster in the stock market. Cash is so nice. 

4,844 posts
14 minutes ago, Glassman10 said:

It was just reported that the life cycle of the virus in your own body is 37 days. That's a long time. It's not clear if that would be the infectious cycle.  Feeling better may still leave you as a typhoid Mary if you did have it. There's simply not enough material coming out of the CDC. Getting tested is actually smart if you have family at the least. 

As to buying comics, my mood is damped down after the roller coaster in the stock market. Cash is so nice. 

Be careful touching that cash.

4,844 posts
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, buttock said:

Well, to contradict what Italy and Canada are doing, the US President just spoke and pretty much said our primary responsibility is caring for the elderly with the coronavirus. I assume he was speaking to the medical field too.

Well, now...Roy is wrong. :news:

Edited by peewee22