So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,006 posts in this topic

11,308 posts
46 minutes ago, Kalel38 said:
50 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Well said to me AF15 and TEC27 are the 2 kings of the hobby. I am not a Superman guy at all.

No other character more popular then Spider-Man or Batman.. Superman I love but in today's world he doesn't fly.. 

Probably true, but if you hand me a copy of Action 1 or Supes 1, I'll be right there to happily take it off your hands. :takeit:

206 posts
3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Probably true, but if you hand me a copy of Action 1 or Supes 1, I'll be right there to happily take it off your hands. :takeit:

😂😂😂👍

265 posts
12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Iconic beyond any doubt just if I had to pay for it versus TEC27 there is no doubt there TEC27 wins.

1,321 posts
20 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Next for me in GA is Captain America Comics 1 and Batman 1 and in SA Hulk 1 and SC4. As far as teams go X-Men is it for me. SC22 is pretty cool as well. No disrespect to FF1 just not my series it is Iconic without question. Would I like to own FF1 sure would maybe will be my goal for 2020.

I read this too fast and thought you said "She-Hulk 1" ... almost did a spit-take.

265 posts
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I read this too fast and thought you said "She-Hulk 1" ... almost did a spit-take.

I actually purchased She-Hulk 1 decades ago. Was happy to get it last one they had in stock. Was popular for a little while. I am sure I over paid did not care think it was $10.

Edited by Batmanis#1

265 posts
Posted (edited)

But the moment I finished reading it went to cleanse my whole body and went straight back to Batman comics. It made me sober real fast. Never happier that Batman was created or I could be collecting stamps or who knows what till this very day. In fact looking back it was worth every penny of the $10.

I think I may well just have played sweet home Alabama (and danced a little to and I never dance) when I was digging threw my Batman collection.

Edited by Batmanis#1

12,034 posts
3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Doing a little drinking and posting? 

Heck why not? What else is there to do at today's world :(

10,705 posts
2 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Heck why not? What else is there to do at today's world :(

Work on grammar and punctuation? (shrug)

1,169 posts
2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

Work on grammar and punctuation? 

xD

1,169 posts
On 3/24/2020 at 9:23 PM, I am not Glenda said:

I  don't get it? Who cares what it's worth? I mean I have 2 AF15 3.0 ( I have about 30k in trade/cash into both of them, both good deals at the time ) & one 7.5 that I bought in 1988 for $1500 by picking blueberries all summer. I cherish all 3 of them, they are the first appearance of my favorite SA hero,  the cover is arguably the most iconic cover of any era drawn by a king, the interior art features my favorite artist at the height of his artistic peak imho. Oh yea it was written by a legend. All these year later I still get chills looking at any copy of this book. So if you own a copy stop stressing what it's worth today, yesterday or next week  just say I am in the club" I own an AF 15"   f#ck life is good, be safe fellow club members :)

100%

1,169 posts
On 3/26/2020 at 12:11 AM, Kalel38 said:

No other character more popular then Spider-Man or Batman.. Superman I love but in today's world he doesn't fly.. 

Action #1 is iconic as THE book, not necessarily a book that only a Superman fan must have but a book that any comic book collector would give a body part to own.

265 posts
26 minutes ago, fishbone said:

Action #1 is iconic as THE book, not necessarily a book that only a Superman fan must have but a book that any comic book collector would give a body part to own.

Not my body!!

3,180 posts
On 3/24/2020 at 8:23 PM, I am not Glenda said:

I  don't get it? Who cares what it's worth? I mean I have 2 AF15 3.0 ( I have about 30k in trade/cash into both of them, both good deals at the time ) & one 7.5 that I bought in 1988 for $1500 by picking blueberries all summer. I cherish all 3 of them, they are the first appearance of my favorite SA hero,  the cover is arguably the most iconic cover of any era drawn by a king, the interior art features my favorite artist at the height of his artistic peak imho. Oh yea it was written by a legend. All these year later I still get chills looking at any copy of this book. So if you own a copy stop stressing what it's worth today, yesterday or next week  just say I am in the club" I own an AF 15"   f#ck life is good, be safe fellow club members :)

I also still get chills when I look at a AF 15 in person.  Only bummer for me is how many of them are out there. You yourself have “3”. Ive owned a handful over the years ( kept upgrading ) 

3,180 posts
17 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

I actually purchased She-Hulk 1 decades ago. Was happy to get it last one they had in stock. Was popular for a little while. I am sure I over paid did not care think it was $10.

I bought it off the newsstands for 40 cents I think. I was so happy to have a # 1 first appearance. Still have it. 

3,180 posts
Posted (edited)
On 3/25/2020 at 11:13 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Next for me in GA is Captain America Comics 1 and Batman 1 and in SA Hulk 1 and SC4. As far as teams go X-Men is it for me. SC22 is pretty cool as well. No disrespect to FF1 just not my series it is Iconic without question. Would I like to own FF1 sure would maybe will be my goal for 2020.

I have a entry level Cap 1 for sale in the sales thread.  Hit me up when / if your in the market for that particular grade etc 

Edited by Chicago Boy

265 posts
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I have a entry level Cap 1 for sale in the sales thread.  Hit me up when / if your in the market for that particular grade etc 

Thanks appreciate it just purchased last week a key TEC book I needed so will be laying low for a while.

Edited by Batmanis#1

265 posts
12 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Where is it listed would like to see it anyway?

3,180 posts
16 minutes ago, Batmanis#1 said:

Where is it listed would like to see it anyway?

You might have to go back a few pages. The heading is Cap 1 ( low grade ). Let me know if you can’t find it. What key Tec book did you get btw ?

265 posts
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

You might have to go back a few pages. The heading is Cap 1 ( low grade ). Let me know if you can’t find it. What key Tec book did you get btw ?

Ungraded TEC 38 1st Robin purchased from a long time friend. He got it in the early 1960's from a fellow comic book collector. My guess will grade 4.0 to 5.0 maybe. He has a bunch more TEC books I need but wanted to seal the deal on this one first. I know for sure it has not been restored. As far as paper quality cream maybe cream to off-white.

Not sure I even care to have it graded but I may change my mind after all this world chaos blows over.

Edited by Batmanis#1