• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

I might be in the minority but don’t rush out and buy the first copy you find. People make mistakes in overheated markets...

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

Very solid price tonight for a very good looking 4.0 $44500.00

00001620840000111055011001.jpg

I can’t help thinking what my 3.5 would go for now.

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Is there really this much disposable income out there?

Fun fact..... you could get an AF15 7.0 for this price just 5 years ago.

I have doing this for a long, long time and I’m at a loss for what’s going on. Stimulus checks are $1400.00, not $14000.00.

With everyone locked at home for a year, many must have lots of extra money now that travel, eating out and entertainment spending is practically at zero (shrug)

4 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Is there really this much disposable income out there?

Fun fact..... you could get an AF15 7.0 for this price just 5 years ago.

I’m still paying off a mortgage so no way I can spend that kind of money unless I’m selling other comics...

2 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

I have doing this for a long, long time and I’m at a loss for what’s going on. Stimulus checks are $1400.00, not $14000.00.

With everyone locked at home for a year, many must have lots of extra money now that travel, eating out and entertainment spending is practically at zero (shrug)

Even then the math doesn’t make sense!

Just now, piper said:

Even then the math doesn’t make sense!

If it was just a one-off on a few comics in one month that would be one thing, but we are seeing a sustained massive almost exponential growth over just about every Marvel Key issue (trickling down into lesser keys).  New records are being made weekly (almost daily) in multiple grades over multiple Keys.

:ohnoez:

3 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

If it was just a one-off on a few comics in one month that would be one thing, but we are seeing a sustained massive almost exponential growth over just about every Marvel Key issue (trickling down into lesser keys).  New records are being made weekly (almost daily) in multiple grades over multiple Keys.

And it’s not healthy for the hobby. 

Just now, gadzukes said:

I'm out of work right now because of the pandemic (I'm an entertainer and have been hit hard), and yet my collection's value has probably increased by at least $150k over the last month (I too own an AF15 4.0, so this $44,500 price just made my jaw hit the floor.  I bought my 4.0 as a raw copy 3 years ago for $12,000)

2 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I'm out of work right now because of the pandemic (I'm an entertainer and have been hit hard), and yet my collection's value has probably increased by at least $150k over the last month (I too own an AF15 4.0, so this $44,500 price just made my jaw hit the floor.  I bought my 4.0 as a raw copy 3 years ago for $12,000)

Sorry to hear that. I’m in the bridal and prom business so I feel the pain also.

I have a buddy in the same boat as you and he’s s been pouring over GPA as he’s getting very tempted to sell some of his big ticket books and cash in while the fire is white hot. With no job, a mortgage and 2 kids it makes sense and now is a great time to sell a few books to help pay the bills for quite a few months. 

5 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Sorry to hear that. I’m in the bridal and prom business so I feel the pain also.

I have a buddy in the same boat as you and he’s s been pouring over GPA as he’s getting very tempted to sell some of his big ticket books and cash in while the fire is white hot. With no job, a mortgage and 2 kids it makes sense and now is a great time to sell a few books to help pay the bills for quite a few months. 

Sell?  But..... but..... but..... these comics are...... my precious.

Seriously though..... I am selling a few things.  I sold a restored FF1 4.5 & an Xmen 1 .5 last week, but maybe it's time to pull out a big book.  Not my AF 15 though.

25 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I think it’s time to pull out GPA and do a new valuation of my collection.