• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, Why Has AF #15 Continued to Drop In Value?
8 8

1,031 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2023 at 7:14 PM, NoMan said:

I don't really follow the prices with specificity. although I appreciate the guys here who do the detailed graphs about AF15's $ highs and lows, I can rarely understand the graphs themselves as I only went to college for about 6 months before dropping out. Most of those 6 months were spent in pursuit of this woman named Kirstein. We made out once at Rhodes Hall at Radford University in southern Virginia. I had arranged to make out with her another time at a friend's nearby house; he was going to split and leave me the place but his room mate ended up coming home and didn't want to leave because he wanted to watch the season premier of Airwolf.

Quite possibly the best post I've ever read on a forum not dedicated to aquarium fish.

On 10/11/2023 at 6:14 PM, NoMan said:

I don't really follow the prices with specificity. although I appreciate the guys here who do the detailed graphs about AF15's $ highs and lows, I can rarely understand the graphs themselves as I only went to college for about 6 months before dropping out. Most of those 6 months were spent in pursuit of this woman named Kirstein. We made out once at Rhodes Hall at Radford University in southern Virginia. I had arranged to make out with her another time at a friend's nearby house; he was going to split and leave me the place but his room mate ended up coming home and didn't want to leave because he wanted to watch the season premier of Airwolf.

Wolfs can't fly...

On 6/21/2019 at 3:38 PM, NoMan said:

how about your thoughts on what triggers a FOMO explosion like we saw 2 or 3 years ago? As I said earlier I don't think it's MCU related so do you believe it's one book auction related. Or a mass psychosis?

The $1.1M sale of the AF15 triggered a significant FOMO feeling amongst the general silver age key collectors, even though the book had seen some strong gains in the years prior to the sale.

The price adjustment we are seeing now on many key silver age issues was predicted, however, the alarm bells are starting to ring as it continues to trend down. If you have the money to take advantage of the lower prices over the next 3 or 4 months and upgrade your collection you should do well. Sadly, many collectors and investors have taken a hit and may no longer have the spare cash, or the inclination to invest even more. Licking your wounds has a way of focusing the mind..

To put this in perspective, my key issue Silver Age collection of 33 mid to high graded comics was holding on quite well after the bubble kind of burst. I was 15% up on total investment in October 2022. Its now 25% down on total investment in October 2023. That's a total drop of 40% !! This is way beyond so called 'levelling out' or 'adjustment'. It must be said, I don't have a AF #15 or ASM #1 or FF #1 in there which, may or may, not have helped ?

We have to hope we see an upward trend over the next 2 years.or so.

Edited by Colin Nash