• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your HORROR OA favorites
2 2

157 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2021 at 11:58 PM, Brian Peck said:

Warren Eerie #45 cover prelim

Luis  Dominguez

bz0mX1za_010320204306lola.thumb.jpg.da90aff3b0da3f33d980c7d153c8689f.jpg

Pretty awesome for a pre-lim!  I am curious as to what was his intent with the 3 figures on the right.  Is it 2 monkeys and a man or did the witch transform the crouching monkey into a standing man, with the figure in the middle showing the transition?

On 5/23/2021 at 1:25 AM, babsrocks31 said:

This is just gorgeous. I love how the focus isn't on the stranger himself, but his shadow adds so much to the mood.

That's usually the case in the character's stories, too. He can't lead (because of what he is), but he can direct and assist. That makes him difficult to write well, but can produce wonderful stories.

7 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

That's usually the case in the character's stories, too. He can't lead (because of what he is), but he can direct and assist. That makes him difficult to write well, but can produce wonderful stories.

Thank you elaborating : ) I really enjoyed his appearance in JLD 2018, though I wish his battle with Nabu had been depicted in more detail.

3 hours ago, babsrocks31 said:

Thank you elaborating : ) I really enjoyed his appearance in JLD 2018, though I wish his battle with Nabu had been depicted in more detail.

He should not have been caught in the helmet (unless he wanted to be). He has a power level even to the Spectre’s there days. The art, by the way, was all computer generated. Otherwise, I would have some by now (I had looked into it). It was quite good.

7 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

He should not have been caught in the helmet (unless he wanted to be). He has a power level even to the Spectre’s there days. The art, by the way, was all computer generated. Otherwise, I would have some by now (I had looked into it). It was quite good.

Yes, it's a great series. Every writer and artist brought their A game, even the digital artists like Sampere (although I believe that Alvaro Martinez and Amancay Nahuelpan worked traditionally). I have these pages by Kyle Hotz (traditional), and some digital by Daniel Sampere. None featuring the Stranger though.

IMG_20210415_081500798~2.jpg

IMG_20210415_081351659.jpg

Edited by babsrocks31

On 5/12/2021 at 2:22 PM, s8zaphod said:

From the Edison's Frankenstein 1910 comic adaptation comic/Graphic Novel, art by Robb Bihun. Page 20, first full view of the monster

IMG_20150507_124435913_HDR.jpg

I remember how much I paid for this page of OA, how much do you think someone some day might pay for it. Not thinking of selling it immediately, but want to sell it before it becomes something strangers find while looking through my collection after my passing.

On 5/12/2021 at 2:22 PM, s8zaphod said:

From the Edison's Frankenstein 1910 comic adaptation comic/Graphic Novel, art by Robb Bihun. Page 20, first full view of the monster

IMG_20150507_124435913_HDR.jpg

WTT: for the CGC 9.8 SS Keanu Reeves BRZRKR 1:1000 cover.