• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your HORROR OA favorites
2 2

157 posts in this topic

On 7/2/2019 at 12:08 AM, The Voord said:

From the famous British movie production company, Hammer Films, notable for its revival of the Horror genre in the latter half of the 1950s comes this super-rare example of a surviving peak-period 1966 Movie Poster original painting by the company's favoured artist, Tom Chantrell.

With an image size measuring approximately 16" x 23.5", this is the uncensored painting that was presented to Hammer Films to spearhead its cinema front-of-house advertising campaign . Revisions on Chantrell's artwork were requested. The small vignettes, running along the bottom of the painting, were deemed too risqué (as one features a rape scene) and the figures of Rasputin and Sonia were reduced in size (and colour changed to green to complement the Monk's face at right) with new title lettering re-positioned to the upper left (see second image).  The changes for the censored poster release were executed by Chantrell utilizing re-sized stats taken directly from his original painting

VcmpkgzP_1708171919501sbpi.jpg

rasputin-poster.jpg

What a montage...

And then my 2nd and 3rd pieces from the master of macabre Mr. Wrightson. The monster is a concept drawing for the monster in Dead she said, and ... I mean zombie Denny Colt, C’mon! No brainer!:takeit:

was lucky enough to grab them from Bernie at Heroes in 2010, and 2011... they will never ever be sold ever.the monster has been framed on my wall for the past ten years almost

27A459C4-4A66-4D90-85B4-9D865FD8F01B.jpeg

1544A444-FFBE-47E7-9B69-35BF3A0292B5.jpeg

Richard Sala's 'Lamb the Toymaker', bought directly from the artist.

"Lamb (first name unknown) is an inventor, hobbiest. collector, maker of unusual toys and an avid student of the occult. His toy repair shop is located in a section of town where an usually high number of disappearances - as well as an occasional grisly mutilation murder - have been reported. He keeps his aged mother securely locked away in her upstairs sewing room. His father is kept in the basement, in the freezer."

p8ug66Jj_0402181418021sbpi.jpg

2 hours ago, The Voord said:

Richard Sala's 'Lamb the Toymaker', bought directly from the artist.

"Lamb (first name unknown) is an inventor, hobbiest. collector, maker of unusual toys and an avid student of the occult. His toy repair shop is located in a section of town where an usually high number of disappearances - as well as an occasional grisly mutilation murder - have been reported. He keeps his aged mother securely locked away in her upstairs sewing room. His father is kept in the basement, in the freezer."

p8ug66Jj_0402181418021sbpi.jpg

Terrifying! :)

2 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

Man, you have the Newcastle page and never told me? :whatev:

It's not "key", "A+" or in the latest auction so I didn't think it was worth discussing on these boards  :sorry:

But it is in my CAF  :baiting:

Edited by mister_not_so_nice
additional harassing terms added